PDA

View Full Version : A way to hack Wii U?

Pages : [1] 2

Notorious
12-02-2012, 06:46 PM
So I guess you can use any hdd,with the wii-u up to 2tb to store games bought from the eShop. the catch is it formats it to be only used with the wii-u. All you would need to do is make your computer able to read/write it, and wallah you'd be able to pirate any game from the eShop, possibly load an exploit, and things of that nature

Goober.
12-02-2012, 06:48 PM
How would you make your computer able to read/write it?
Interesting though

tlozoot
12-02-2012, 06:49 PM
So I guess you can use any hdd,with the wii-u up to 2tb to store games bought from the eShop. the catch is it formats it to be only used with the wii-u. All you would need to do is make your computer able to read/write it, and wallah you'd be able to pirate any game from the eShop, possibly load an exploit, and things of that nature

It's not as easy as it sounds :P

Notorious
12-02-2012, 06:55 PM
I know it's not easy but it's a start. Kinda like how wii games are formatted in wbfs and you could format your entire drive that way but you needed wbfs manager to read it

It's just a theory, but it seems probable

Distortion
12-02-2012, 06:58 PM
Some people can't even do that and a pc can not think by its own unless it has a program and there is no program that addvanced in all of the world not even Japan.

Notorious
12-02-2012, 07:02 PM
Well all you need to do is figure out the format and make a program read it

I could make a format "ABC" but nothing could read it until I create a program, or add compatibility to another program to read it

Someone will figure it out, just a matter of time

Russ
12-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Someone could always make a program to read/write it.

Goober.
12-02-2012, 07:16 PM
A program would do it, so you can transfer files in between the hard drive and your pc. I'm sure Nintendo has some sort of protection in place though, so the games are linked to a specific account or something. Just a thought.

Exactly making a program that bypasses the protection would be the challenge

Distortion
12-02-2012, 07:28 PM
Exactly making a program that bypasses the protection would be the challenge

Yes a hack and making a program that can read the format. Aka emulatior. It's like a ds the format is .nds and the hack is the r4. You use an external program to modify an internal file. Mabye they will just make a custom OS for the console

RED 58
12-02-2012, 07:31 PM
As much as I wish that kids would stop trying to use 'hacks' to gain an edge over another player, it would bring a lot of activity to the site.

fear_bot
12-02-2012, 07:36 PM
sfdisk to learn more about it?

Baktiar
12-02-2012, 07:55 PM
Yes a hack and making a program that can read the format. Aka emulatior. It's like a ds the format is .nds and the hack is the r4. You use an external program to modify an internal file. Mabye they will just make a custom OS for the console

The hack is not R4, it's just a cart that plays pirated games.

Wallah
Dat Arabic.

Yallah, hackers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Distortion
12-03-2012, 04:51 AM
The hack is not R4, it's just a cart that plays pirated games.

it was just an example i know its not a hack i know more about those things than anyone in who has posted here trust me

MrSlowski
12-03-2012, 05:19 AM
A program would do it, so you can transfer files in between the hard drive and your pc. I'm sure Nintendo has some sort of protection in place though, so the games are linked to a specific account or something. Just a thought.

PlayStation has that with save files. All the program has to do is find the values that represent on account, and change it to your account name. That's what Xploder does for ps3 save files.

Drugs
12-03-2012, 05:21 AM
Why not find out the format of the games and then find an emulator that will work?

Drugs
12-03-2012, 05:25 AM
Well ps3 and xbox and wii all run games on a .iso, but that doesn't mean one emulator will simply work for all of them. So even if the game's format is in a .iso, that doesn't mean it will work for other systems...

ToxicJew.
12-03-2012, 10:54 AM
Well ps3 and xbox and wii all run games on a .iso, but that doesn't mean one emulator will simply work for all of them. So even if the game's format is in a .iso, that doesn't mean it will work for other systems...

You're contradicting yourself, that's exactly what Clay10 was saying against your statement. The games use an .iso format, yes, but that doesn't mean anything. The way they are encoded/decoded by the console and such are different.

D.N.E
12-03-2012, 10:59 AM
This idea is interesting. If someone from CL developed a program that could do this, the noobs would flock to the site.(maniac)

fear_bot
12-03-2012, 12:04 PM

Just because the extension of the disk images are .iso doesn't mean that's how they're encoded.

Can you pop a Wii game into your computer and read it? What about a PS3 and Xbox 360 game? No? I wonder why, maybe it has to do with how it's encrypted. But who knows, it's a disk, it has to be an ISO. (un)

Weary
12-03-2012, 12:43 PM
Some people can't even do that and a pc can not think by its own unless it has a program and there is no program that addvanced in all of the world not even Japan.

I'm like 200% sure you're talking out of your ass.

Anyways, this seems interesting enough. Makes me want to do a bit of searching :P.