PDA

View Full Version : For those willing to apply to a Graphic Design school/course

Tenza
04-23-2014, 11:19 AM
Let me just tell you this: stop making signatures and start making logo's, banners, facebook covers and all that type kind of shits.
No one is going to accept you with signatures skills as far that I know of, so go ahead learn how to make logo's and stuff, because that's what graphic design is about.
Try making fake posters for random brands, just for fun.

Well that's all I wanted to say since I have an school interview-sortofthing for a graphic design school and I barely have anything to show off tommorow.

Retro
04-23-2014, 11:33 AM
Let me just tell you this: stop making signatures and start making logo's, banners, facebook covers and all that type kind of shits.
No one is going to accept you with signatures skills as far that I know of, so go ahead learn how to make logo's and stuff, because that's what graphic design is about.
Try making fake posters for random brands, just for fun.

Well that's all I wanted to say since I have an school interview-sortofthing for a graphic design school and I barely have anything to show off tommorow.

Yep. I already had 3 interviews for art schools. They all ask for 10-15 pieces of art or a portfolio. Signatures aint gonna cut it. I submitted logos, posters, advertisments, company identities.

Vintage
04-23-2014, 11:35 AM
(ono) You should have started that a long time ago.

Tenza
04-23-2014, 11:51 AM
(ono) You should have started that a long time ago.

I mean it's not like I started a week ago I just became totally interested 3 months ago.

Vintage
04-23-2014, 11:57 AM
I mean it's not like I started a week ago I just became totally interested 3 months ago.

That's a tight space of time for 10-15 high quality stuff that actually matters.

Tenza
04-23-2014, 12:03 PM
That's a tight space of time for 10-15 high quality stuff that actually matters.

Well yeah it's not like I use photoshop a lot nowadays, but indeed pretty stupid from me I have like 12 things I can show, but they're not all that great, but yeah I think the school has low expectations for beginners.
I also have like 10 drawings that i'm going to show for some reason.

Retro
04-23-2014, 12:27 PM
Well yeah it's not like I use photoshop a lot nowadays, but indeed pretty stupid from me I have like 12 things I can show, but they're not all that great, but yeah I think the school has low expectations for beginners.
I also have like 10 drawings that i'm going to show for some reason.

Its also a plus to have know how in photoshop, illustrator, and indesign.
I've also been told by these schools that design also invovles a whole lot of hands on stuff not just mainly computers.

Josh
04-23-2014, 01:47 PM
Editing stuff like in signatures is a great way to start tho. But if you wanna improve, need to start making things from scratch and be extra creative .