($user_isGay == TRUE)? giveAids() : break; aids's Avatar

Badge

User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TheOriginalVirus

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/riottape Kik Username: aids gtalk account: codeleakers.com@gmail.com

Default Torrents FTW!! – a tutorial

Torrents have an air of mystique about them, some people don’t get what they are about, some think they are full of viruses, some people don’t even get what they are; that’s why I'm writing this small tut for all of u who fit any of those descriptions.

Torrents, or bittorrents (BT), are a peer-to-peer file sharing protocol used for distributing large amounts of data. BitTorrent is one of the most common protocols for transferring large files, and it has been estimated that it accounted for roughly 27% to 55% of all Internet traffic (depending on geographical location) as of February 2009.

The BitTorrent protocol can distribute a large file without the heavy load on the source computer and network entailed by standard Internet hosting that sends a separate copy to everyone requesting one. This can easily overload a standard host. The protocol works as an alternative data distribution method that makes even small computers, e.g., mobile phones, with low bandwidth able to distribute files to many recipients.

The best analogy I can convey is as follows. Let’s say you wish to build a brick wall 100 feet long, consisting of 10,000 bricks. Is it more efficient for you to build the wall yourself using the 10,000 bricks, OR would be easier if you had 10,000 people with one brick apiece building the wall. Now u see the conecpt of torrent filesharing.

One person creates the torrent who has the entire file ready to be shared. This person is called a seed. Then people who wish to share this file download the torrent, which gives them the necessary info to download it. Users in the process of downloading are called leeches (sound familiar?) Each user shares a little piece with each other and the seed, until the file is downloaded in ite entirety. Once the file is downloaded, you can continue to share the file as a seed, or stop the sharing completely.

To utilize the full power of torrents, a bittorrent client is highly recommended, although many open source browsers will accept torrent files and download them. This method is extremely slow as your browser is not designed for bittorrents full power. There are many clients for downloading, using, and csharing bittorrent files, the most popular being Azureus, which is now just called Vuze. Its perfect for beginners as the interface is GUI and easy to understand and use. As you become familiar with BT and its use you can progress to intermediate and advanced user modes, and flip from the GUI mode into the advanced oldschool panel view (which I love.) Do a quick search on the goog for “bittorrent clients” and see which one you prefer. I went through a few before I found one I really liked.

I have NEVER recieved a virus from any torrent file. The torrent community shuns these types of files and the people who use them. For every torrent file listed on a website, you will find a comments section for each one where people will post if the torrent is good or bad, fake or real, etc; its also great because people who encounter problems will post them, and people will respond with solutions in a positive manner, because the BT community as a whole is nicely behaved. If you are truly worried about this, get a fucking anti-virus program and scan the files before opening.

Torrents can be unlimited in size. They can contain an unlimited amount of files within them. Say you wanted one tool song from a massive tool discology….bittorrent gives you the power to download the torrent BUT only select the song you want to download, something that’s fucking impossible otherwise. You have 100% control over torrent files and everything you download within them.

People piss me off who don’t use them or are scared of them, trust me, theres no fucking reason to sketch out when it comes to torrents.

So what’s the action plan dude? Torrents sound like the shit and I don’t want to be a momma’s boy pussy-pie anymore…what do I do? Start by downloading a BT client. Install it. Now lets find some shit we want to download, but where do we find it?

There are as many torrent sites as torrents it seems, with new ones coming up every day. The torrent community protects its users, so many of the good sites require you to be a member and keep a decent Upload to Download ratio. Some sites will ban you if you don’t maintain a specific ratio amount, while some—in fact most—do not require any registration or quota at all.

The best in my opinion is btjunkie.org. It indexes millions of torrents and if its not there its usually not on the internets. Some others are piratebay.org, demonoid.com, and my fav newcomer, kickasstorrents.com. A note about demonoid: Demonoid is hands down the greatest torrent site ever, as it contains really old torrents as well as new ones, and everything inbetween. You can find everything on demonoid (better than btjuinkie) BUT! Demonoid only allows so many public torrents available at any time, the way to access the full site is to register. However, demand is WAAAYYY higher than supply there cuz they open registrations for maybe 6 hours every 2 months or so, its nearly impossible to get in, so if you have an account there, you better fucking treasure it like there is no tomorrow. (It took me a year to find open reg there!!!!) Of course if you know anyone with an account, they can send you an invite, but if I gave one to you, and you leeched out like a motherfucker, they could ban u and me for giving a leech an invite. So you see it’s serious business….

So once u find your client, then find your file, click the link and download the torrent, if it doesn’t open automatically with the client, then you must manually do it. Once that happens, the download will commence, and you will become an official bittorrent user.

I hope this clears up a lot for some of you, if you have any questions go ahead and post them in this thread, as I am creating an entire forum dedicated to torrents and the beauty that is the BT community.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    BTC: 1AidsG8MHF4cEN6KpY1mhJPBhXtms65GVE

Nooblet

Nice, good job aids xD
    btw, im obsessed with my demonoid ratio...lol 4.76 atm

($user_isGay == TRUE)? giveAids() : break; aids's Avatar

Badge

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TheOriginalVirus

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/riottape Kik Username: aids gtalk account: codeleakers.com@gmail.com

HOLY SHIT!!!! im obsessed with mine too, and im jealous!!!!

BTC: 1AidsG8MHF4cEN6KpY1mhJPBhXtms65GVE

THE CLOSER
    Beast
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Lennons-Lemons

dude torrents make life easier

Quote Originally Posted by RED 58 View Post
    yep, because BF3 is CoD
    Quote Originally Posted by SLOWSKI
    What's an area code

I'ma Fuckin Scalie

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XEFDragon Steam ID: SketchyDragon

It's all fun and games till' you get a lawsuit.....

P R O F E S S I O N A L S H I T P O S T E R