($user_isGay == TRUE)? giveAids() : break; aids's Avatar

Badge

User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TheOriginalVirus

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/riottape Kik Username: aids gtalk account: codeleakers.com@gmail.com

Default PSP Phone Released - Total non-event

Sony Ericsson's Xperia Play was released under-the-radar this week. Did anyone else hear about it? Does anyone have specs on it, prices, carriers, etc?? Anything on this? It seems with all of Sony's troubles, they felt they shouldnt press their luck by releasing this phone with alot of fanfare.

last rumors were that it didnt have any analogs, and there was some sort of reverse touch screen on the back. I read the release news from engadget, so maybe they have more on it today, i havent checked, but the phone is def out. just wondering how much of a flop this will be, and how many more hits sony can take before people lose cred in the brand.

to me, sony remains at the forefront of technology, and at least they dont charge you a subscription to play online. so lets see what goes on next with the playstation phone, aka xperia play.....

anyone else wondering why the playstation name was removed from the phone and branding?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    BTC: 1AidsG8MHF4cEN6KpY1mhJPBhXtms65GVE

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Mr_Waffle

Has been released for nearly 2 months here.

All I know is that is sports a Qualcomm MSM 8255 running at 1GHz and it only has like 7 PS1 games so far. And supposedly it sucks ass.

Oh, and those "sticks" on the front, they're terrible.

Hmm? Hope this helps:
    This is the first Sony Playstation-certified Android smartphone.
    "Xperia Play Review: Lots of potential, a few problems"
    Price: Amazon is running a deal for $99.99. Otherwise, it’s $199.99 on a two-year contract; $499.99 full retail.
    Specs: The Play has a 4-inch touchscreen, weighs 6.17 ounces and has a 5MP rear-facing camera and a VGA front-facing camera. It sports a 1GHz processor and an Adreno 205 graphics processor, has an 8GB micro SD card and supports up to 32GB of microSD support. The phone is 3G and supports WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS. The phone charges with a micro USB cord, and has no HDMI port.
    Phone: The phone on the Xperia Play is an Android phone. I found that the sliding game pad makes it a bit bulky to hold to your ear; the Play weighs in a little over 6 ounces. While it is kind of uncomfortable to hold on long calls, it’s light enough that anyone excited about gaming on the phone would probably be willing to overlook its heft. And, perhaps because of the girth, the phone never feels flimsy, even when you slide it open. The phone slides open pretty easily, but not so easily that I ever found it accidentally opened in my purse.
    Call quality was clear and the Android 2.3.2 operating system offers all the normal features of a Gingerbread phone. The cameras are so-so, taking somewhat fuzzy photos and audio. The phone oddly lacks a camera button.
    As for software, the phone comes pre-loaded with several apps, including Google Maps, Search, Voice Search, YouTube, VCast Apps and Tetris, which does not take advantage of the Sony controls.
    It also has six game titles designed for use with the game pad.
    Gaming:
    It certainly won’t replace your PSP or your DS. While this integrated device is easier to carry around than a handheld, it just doesn’t measure up to those.
    That said, the gaming quality is much better than I would have expected from a multi-purpose device. Sony Ericsson got the feel of this device right. Gamers will appreciate the familiarity of the controls, and it’s easy to forget mid-game that you’re playing on your phone.
    And from my research, the phone ahs been out for 2 months here also.

Last edited by 0zzy; 06-01-2011 at 06:17 AM.
    There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it.

Free bitcoin's referal link

Site BBcodes

Badge

Gamer IDs

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/riottape Kik Username: aids gtalk account: codeleakers.com@gmail.com

wow what a dud...and wtf is up with it opening in the dudes purse? i hope a chick wrote that.....

wow sony another fail. im about 100% sure you cant use the controls for any android game, only for 20 year old PS1 games. WTF sony, u fucking suck my fucking chode. PS1 GAMES?!?!?!? FUCKING DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Claptrap Fan
    Automotive Aficionado

Badge

Another reason why I converted to Microsoft for gaming. xD

[HOONIGAN]

Badge

Gamer IDs

Contact info:

i can never, nor would ever go to microsoft for anything. its bad enough i use windows. my next computer will be 100% linux. with the 3.0 kernal just released, i forsee driver issues as a thing of the past.

Why dont you like microsoft!?!?! :o And yes that was a guy who wrote that lol

Last edited by 0zzy; 06-01-2011 at 08:23 AM.
    There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it.

Site BBcodes

Badge

Gamer IDs

Contact info:

Microsoft & apple I fucking hate..numerous reasons, but mostly for greed.

And why does a guy have a purse????

Hmm alright then and I dont have a fucking clue, the reveiw was written by a dude :L maybe its one of those purses that go around your waist.. Eg.

Site BBcodes

CL Original
    Since 2008

Quote Originally Posted by aids View Post
    i can never, nor would ever go to microsoft for anything. its bad enough i use windows. my next computer will be 100% linux. with the 3.0 kernal just released, i forsee driver issues as a thing of the past.
    I tried that. It didn't work out well but that may have been my fault. Next time I try it will be with a better computer, it is a way better trade off over windows or macs. Off topic.