User Info     Contact     Gamer ID

Exclamation [OPINION] Edits of edits and editing menus

I don't like people adding to someone elses menu and claiming it's their own I think that's just really annoying and we have all seen it before.
    However this is not what I want to talk about in this post - people keep on moaning that people use other peoples coding as base - lets take for example the Zombies MP game type.
    Ok so someone edits it and makes their own game out of it, I don't think that's a bad thing (it depends on how much they edit it) they probably spent quite a bit of time on it especially if they turn it into something nearly unrecognisable from the original.
    If you think that's wrong then please open your eyes and look around, I'm not having a go at anyone but look around as you'll find that a lot of things are based off something similar, especially software.
    Please understand that a lot of the code used is basic c++ (for those that want to argue "gsc" is based off c++ and so are many other languages) and that there are bits of code that may be repeated throughout mods including "if" functions - these codes have not been invented for COD please understand these sort of functions have been around a while.
    I'm sure many of you know and understand this but it annoys me when people try to tell people their work is crap and just a "copy" when in fact they probably put a lot of effort in.
    I'm not trying to say modding is easy, it can be far from it - all I am saying is that even their code is made up of somebody elses and no mod can really claim to be "their own" as they are based on other work.

I tried to choose my words wisely and I hope no one takes offence but I'm sure many of you will pick up on some things.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: x-CrimsoN-x21

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/xCrimmYx?feature=mhee

Pretty sure there's a modder out there that started from scratch, and even if they base there mod or edit or whatever off of someone its not truely theirs, that's like me taking strakns 'zombie give a grand' asm routine and change it so it takes away money *changing the addis to subi* and calling it my own. I think there should be credit for what its based off of. Just my opinion.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk

1v1 (as of June) :
    Wins: 2 Losses: 0
    We accept the love we think we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by J0K3R View Post
    Pretty sure there's a modder out there that started from scratch, and even if they base there mod or edit or whatever off of someone its not truely theirs, that's like me taking strakns 'zombie give a grand' asm routine and change it so it takes away money *changing the addis to subi* and calling it my own. I think there should be credit for what its based off of. Just my opinion.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk
    Yes I definitely agree credit should be due in most circumstances but I think if they have put a lot of effort into modding what was someone else's work then there is no reason why they should not take credit - just adding a feature that someone else with should not be the basis of your credit. However if a mod/edit is done well then i think it is not always necessary that the original creator should take as much credit - not necessary no credit - just the new modder may have put a lot of work in and should be credited for their work and effort.