Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID

Default **SD CARD STUCK IN WII FOR GOOD**

I accidently flipped my sd card and put it in the wrong way. I read removing it with tweezers and pushing it so it would force it to come out. Then i got even BAD news.

I heard the spring break. (the thing that holds the SD Card in and makes sure it doesnt go ALL the way inside) Now I don't know what to do. I would've asked this on Wiihacks, a site that is about hacking your wii, but I got banned. The site doesnt support hacks. The ban will be lifted in May 2013! 2013!

I cant play Gecko O.S hacks anymore. I cant use anything that involves my SD Card which all of modding does involve it. I still have the HBC, Bootmii, Priiloader, and Return of the Jodi saved file but cant access the HackMii Installer or anything that involves SD. I cant access the files via wii cause the sd cant
    scan in my wii or computer since it is TOTALLY stuck.

Should I open my Wii to fix it, or should I format my wii (high chance of brick) so that Nintendo will not see the HBC. Mauifrog on wiihacks said that formatting wont remove all softmods. PLEASE! I'm DESPERATE!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Id say take it apart. Look at a Youtube video on how to take a wii apart. cuz i know there is a high chance of screwing up your wii if you do something wrong. Nintendo will charge you a hell of a lot of money and take away your mods. so youll have to put everything back and take out a big chunk of ur wallet. Take it apart and follow instruction EXACTLY.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SnipesY69 PSN ID: DevHourrr

Just use a usb for your hacks, thats what I do.
    Its used the same way as a SD card, but you have to press either 1 or 2 while in the homebrew channel to select the USB slot.
    Oh and you gotta use the USB port on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Squidward734 View Post
    Should I open my Wii to fix it, or should I format my wii (high chance of brick) so that Nintendo will not see the HBC. Mauifrog on wiihacks said that formatting wont remove all softmods. PLEASE! I'm DESPERATE!
    They'd be able to tell, I don't know if it all of them stay but some of you cIOS etc. which you installed will be obvious to Nintendo - however to be honest I'd have though they shouldn't turn the Wii on, all they have to do i sopen the Wii and remove the SD.
    I wouldn't format your Wii - but that's up to you.

You might find this useful:

Last edited by Bot; 08-27-2011 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Added Video

Hacker Pro
    The Prestige
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: nope Steam ID: nope

Quote Originally Posted by Squidward734 View Post
    I accidently flipped my sd card and put it in the wrong way. I read removing it with tweezers and pushing it so it would force it to come out. Then i got even BAD news.

I heard the spring break. (the thing that holds the SD Card in and makes sure it doesnt go ALL the way inside) Now I don't know what to do. I would've asked this on Wiihacks, a site that is about hacking your wii, but I got banned. The site doesnt support hacks. The ban will be lifted in May 2013! 2013!

I cant play Gecko O.S hacks anymore. I cant use anything that involves my SD Card which all of modding does involve it. I still have the HBC, Bootmii, Priiloader, and Return of the Jodi saved file but cant access the HackMii Installer or anything that involves SD. I cant access the files via wii cause the sd cant
    scan in my wii or computer since it is TOTALLY stuck.

Try to get a SD Remover from comet (UK) it can remove SD cards from any hardware (3DS, WII INCLUDED). My friend got his stuck in there and used it and it worked

My iPod Shuffle has better graphics than the Wii
    -First 3D anaglyph signature on this forum!

Red X Clan

i wouldnt send it in to Nintendo they will end up finding out its been modded because they will need to make sure the sd card slot works again there not just going to send it back without being tested but just go get a used wii my friend found one for 20$ so shouldnt be that hard.

I'll just 1) Open my Wii and follow the video eXtr3m3 gave me, or 2) buy the sd remover but I'm a kid, so most likely I'll just have to open it when my parents arent home. I just dont have the screw drivers in that vid. Can someone find a vid on how to close the wii console?

Can you use hacks with a usb for gecko os, ocarina, or neogamma?

What USB should I buy? A USB Gecko or USB 2.0? i know they involve the wii, but i dont know which is for which. One is for modding and one is for making codes. Which is which?

Last edited by Squidward734; 08-28-2011 at 03:56 AM.

Browns country
    Blazin Da Piff

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/216angelcle

if you are looking for that special screwdriver(tri wing i think its called)instead of buying one you can take a Phillip screwdriver and shave off two of the four lines with a file,and boom you got tri wing.it worked for me when i had to take my wii apart.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: x-CrimsoN-x21

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/xCrimmYx?feature=mhee

If you ever get the chance buy a usb gecko ._. Then you can make codes and apply/deactivate them in game.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk

1v1 (as of June) :
    Wins: 2 Losses: 0
    We accept the love we think we deserve.

Soul Eater
    Begining coder

A usb gecko will not do you any good at this point. as a usb gecko plugs in your gamecube save card slots. But as said above you can use a usb stick or ext.hdd to run home brew apps. not sure how you run your modds but your drive will need partioned. I would also google for a local repair shop and talk to them as they maybe affiliated with nintendo but have no real connection but recieve parts for repair. I used to have a repair shop close to me that acctually modded wii,ps3,and xboxs. As a parent I would suggest you explain to your parents what happened and get help on figuring this out. As taking apart the wii could be dangerous if you mess it up and you just follow the steps backward from when you take it apart. But as Joker said a usb gecko would be cool to make,add and deactivate codes. I would suggest you have a good understanding of how it works as it could be a waist of money and could take one of the market for someone who could really use one.

I will find and Burn any one imposonating a red x member. There are no exceptions!!!!!