Results 1 to 8 of 8
Thread: Formatting Time
10-16-2011, 05:25 AM #1
I regularly format and do a clean install of Windows; as I always end up slowing it down and filling up my HDD with useless stuff.
I like how my computer runs, what seems faster, for a few weeks until I start slowing it down with all the crap.
What sort of things do you guys do to keep your Computer running well?
10-16-2011, 06:09 AM #2
I dont really do anything, but im going to go delete like 25 gb of shit tho.
10-16-2011, 06:19 AM #3
Build a beast machine yourself and you won't have any problems with it slowing you down.
10-16-2011, 06:25 AM #4
1. I don't download and install a bunch of crap. Be mindful of what you're installing, sometimes installers try to sneak in toolbars and other bloatware.
2. When I do download, I make sure to delete the file/s when I'm done.
3. I use Disk Cleanup to delete useless files and free up space.
4. I use Disk Defragmenter to speed up hard drive access.
5. I don't have a million background programs running. It's just my AV software, and Weather Gadget.
10-16-2011, 06:37 AM #5
10-16-2011, 06:49 AM #6
Holy shit dude, you must have alot of porn on your computer.
10-16-2011, 07:06 AM #7
I end up downloading a lot of software and leave a lot of installs/setups on there as well.
I don't download crap and toolbars though, I'm wise of the tricks.
I've completely formatted it now - doesn't take long - I'm all setup again now with office and everything again as well.
Seeming I regularly format I probably should ghost my machine - oh well.
10-16-2011, 08:13 AM #8
I don't do much. I run maintenance scripts regularly, and clean out my downloads from time to time, but that's it.