Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID

Default Old wii new game

I got the Wii when it first came out and im playing it with MW3 and im not sure if it is going to break anything becasue when i play i heard the wii haveing some problems like reading the disk or something becasue it makes weird sounds. So im not sure if i need a newer wii or just to play less than normal

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

That is a big sign that your disc drive is going south. Since it does still work i would go out and buy a hard drive or a flash drive if you can't afford a hard drive. If you are interested in doing that i can help you out with what needs to be done. Just swing me a PM

fear_bot

DVD drives go bad after a while due to stress on the laser.

MW3 should not cause any problems because it's only a single layer game, though dual layer disk like Super Smash Bros. Brawl can ruin it faster as the Wii is not intended to read dual layer.

If your DVD drive does go bad on you, you can buy new drives for the Wii from certain sites.

(You could go the alternative way, rip all of your games to a USB hard drive and load them from that.)

just 'round the corner PoptartHunter's Avatar

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/PoptartHunterCL

Like they said, I would definitely go with a USB loader. It's more convenient, as you have all your games right there on your hardrive, so you don't have to keep getting up and changing out discs. Games also run a lot smoother on a flashdrive/hardrive then on disc. If you need help installing cios and whatnot to get your Wii setup for backups, feel free to pm me and I can help.

Im ganna have to disagree with some of what fear-bot said. He is right that dual layer games wear the drive out but not because the drive isn't set up to read dual layers. Its just that dual layers require a stronger laser to read those types of discs thus wear the laser out quicker. But black ops is the biggest reason the lasers wear out. For a good amount of time nintendo was even fixes woos that broke due to this and even was pushing for treyarch to reinburst them. But ontop of that a burned disc (backup copy) game will wear the laser out even quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasons34 View Post
    Im ganna have to disagree with some of what fear-bot said. He is right that dual layer games wear the drive out but not because the drive isn't set up to read dual layers. Its just that dual layers require a stronger laser to read those types of discs thus wear the laser out quicker. But black ops is the biggest reason the lasers wear out. For a good amount of time nintendo was even fixes woos that broke due to this and even was pushing for treyarch to reinburst them. But ontop of that a burned disc (backup copy) game will wear the laser out even quicker.
    no poptart was talking about putting the games on a flashdrive and loading them up via a usb loader of somesort via the homec=brew channel. Not burning them onto a disk

Considering i even mentioned poptarthunter in my post right? Im the first one that posted about the hard drive/flashdrive btw

So it will eventually break? And i just got a branf new mic and i cant hear people they can hear me is it the usb slots?

Mess with the volume control on the mix and yes your drive will break. Id give it a few weeks

What volume control? On the Mic? And i could hear them when i first got it yesterday only used it for 30 minutes not it wont work . And its been making a sound for over 5 months