User Info     Contact     Gamer ID

Default MW3 File is Corrupted

I played mw3 yesterday and then went to sleep. Then the next time I played and then I went to school. Then when I got to the mw3 main menu, it couldnt load cause file was corrupted. Why??? I never used any codes or mods. I had the mw3 iso that didnt have the campaign. (850MB) also when i play mp, i dont hear any "kill confirmed" or "good job/fall back" when you win/lose. Is that part of the game? I sometimes turn off my wii during a game but i do it all the time on bo and the savefile doesnt get corrupted on bo. So i dont think turning off my wii during a mw3 game is an issue. I also dont know when mp mw3 data gets saved.

Main Question: Why did my file get corrupted, why is there no music when i do special things on mw3, when does mw3 on multiplayer save, and does turning off my wii during a match affect the savedata?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I kinda worry a lot and I act like a brat when I dont get what I want. Watch out for me!!!!

BO Name: ~SmD~Epic (I'm not in a clan anymore. I can't think of a new name.)

Squidward734

I use $TRIIKER's v2 mod menu, elements nity based mod menu, rewindsmods v2 by TIpwnzer, King of Hax v5.00 by King of Hax, and flyable plane mod menu by tony.

+rep if I helped Please! I need it!

Dont pay for codes, go to codeleakers.com Codeleakers FTW.

just 'round the corner PoptartHunter's Avatar

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/PoptartHunterCL

Did you turn off your Wii during a game? That can corrupt the data also. Unless you have your save backed up, you'll have to start over. This time around, backup your save with Savegame Manager in case this happens again.

Download it here: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Savegame_Manager

Treyarch is in the process of making an update that will fix these issues, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Treyarch
    Hello MW3 Wii Community,

We are listening to you and are working on updates to the game based on your feedback. We are currently looking into the two most reported issues:

We are aware that some players are experiencing an issue commonly referred to as “lag shooting” where network lag will cause the player to have difficulty hitting an opponent.

Several players have reported their save data getting corrupted when the game freezes.

Both of these issues are a top priority for us and we will release an update as soon as they have been resolved.

Please continue to check the forums for updates. Any further issues identified for fixing will be updated to this space in the future.

In the meantime, thank you for your patience.
    by WiiAdmin (Nov 11, 2011)

Last edited by PoptartHunter; 11-14-2011 at 12:49 PM.

It does this randomly its not because of codes or mods. It is because of an error with the game. So dave ur game save with Savegame manager. And dont turn off ur wii in a match and if a game is really laggy it may freeze ur wii which will also give u file coorupted. So if ur in a really laggy game leave but dont turn off ur wii thats the best way to protecct urself from file coorupted. It has happened to me 3 times but i saved my game to my sd card so it was ok

The reason why some music and/or sounds don't play is probably because they aren't there - files have been removed to help shrink the size of the .iso.

Several players have reported their save data getting corrupted when the game freezes.

OMG MY WII FROZE AND AFTER THAT I DIDNT PLAY AND THEN WHEN I GOT BACK IT WAS CORRUPTED! That was why.

Ima back up.

Also, when u add allies and delete allies after u backed up ur game, will you have to re backup your savedfile?

I kinda worry a lot and I act like a brat when I dont get what I want. Watch out for me!!!!

Squidward734

I use $TRIIKER's v2 mod menu, elements nity based mod menu, rewindsmods v2 by TIpwnzer, King of Hax v5.00 by King of Hax, and flyable plane mod menu by tony.

When the game freezes, is it just the host that freezes or everyone freezes? How can u tell when ur host cause everyone spawns like 8 seconds before the match starts?

Last edited by Squidward734; 11-14-2011 at 01:50 PM.

Squidward734

Wii U Section Moderator
    Computer Engineer

Badge

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: MrOwnership Wii Code: MrOwnership

Quote Originally Posted by Squidward734 View Post
    Main Question:...why is there no music when i do special things on mw3...
    there is no music because when i scrubbed the iso i took out everything i could while keeping the game running, which included the sound pak. if can be replaced very easily but it pumps it up to about 2GB. PM if you want me to show you how to add it back

Nooblet

Quote Originally Posted by //FU2//Loading View Post
    It does this randomly its not because of codes or mods. It is because of an error with the game. So dave ur game save with Savegame manager. And dont turn off ur wii in a match and if a game is really laggy it may freeze ur wii which will also give u file coorupted. So if ur in a really laggy game leave but dont turn off ur wii thats the best way to protecct urself from file coorupted. It has happened to me 3 times but i saved my game to my sd card so it was ok
    i backed it up,but than couldnt reload it. not sure y.

Designer
    Programmer

Did you delete the "corrupted" file before installing your "backup" file?

Savegame manager states that it needs a gamesave (good or bad) of the game before you can use a backup save file.

Just make another profile in slot 1 and restart your wii. Then try installing your backup save file again.

Sent via "0V3RACHI3V3R's" Android (Houston,TX)

I did it for the lulz.
    I did it for the lulz.
    I did it for the lulz.

just 'round the corner PoptartHunter's Avatar

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/PoptartHunterCL

Quote Originally Posted by Squidward734 View Post
    Also, when u add allies and delete allies after u backed up ur game, will you have to re backup your savedfile?
    Your stats are saved on the servers, so once you back it up you're pretty good. You'll only have to make another backup if you get further in campaign.

Last edited by PoptartHunter; 11-14-2011 at 03:18 PM.