User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: x-CrimsoN-x21

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/xCrimmYx?feature=mhee

Default Common coding words explained

Well, this is good for new gecko users. If you don't own a gecko, this might not be important to you, but for those with a gecko id reccomend you take a look over this. (The explanations in stars are from the wii cheat type document and the rest is in my words.)

Ba: Base Adress. *Set at 0x800000 each time the code handler is executed. Each time the ba is added to a code address, the code handler does : adress = adress + (ba & 0xFE000000). You can modify it, however if you do, don't forget to reset it to its original value after.* Pretty much, you don't need to know most of that. What it is, as I describe it, is the starting adress, before you run it through a breakpoint or modify it. It will still be in 80 type, instead of 04 or 05.

Po : Pointer. *Set at 0x80000000 each time the code handler is executed. Each time the po is added to a code address, the code handler does : adress = address + po. You can modify it at will* Again, useless knowledge. The pointer is basically something the game loads, telling an adress to go to another adress and stuff like that. Pointers are hard to explain, but first hand expierence will allow you the chance to major revelation.

Breakpoint: A breakpoint shows the ASM instructions of an adress before the adress is put to use, while its in use, and after its in use. This is what you need to know ASM for, and will help you in the future.

ASM : Assembly Language. A coding language, used in many things. The wii uses PPC ASM language, though, so study up on that instead of just any ASM. You may use other ASM instructions with PPC ASM, such as ori and stuff like that. Codes used by ASM will usually start with C2 or C0.

Dump : this is just the game calling all the adresses you searched for, the first search you make with take the longest and have the biggest dump, the dump being the amount of adresses found with the specific value you searched for.

DMA : DMA is when the adresses shift. DMA can be triggered by many things, but usually it is the level, I.e. level 1 of star wars whatever's inf. Ammo adress will be different then level 20's.

Patch : This is when the game recieves an update, and the adress you wrote to are moved, making the code ineffective. This is where F6 comes in handy.

F6 : this is a pretty basic code type. This DOES NOT MAKE A CODE UNPATCHABLE. Don't argue it. It doesn't. Don't even say it. That's where most people are lost at. It is rare for an F6 code to get patched, but it most likely won't get patched. What F6 does is search in a given range of adresses for an adress you specified, and if it finds it, it will write whatever value you want to write to it.

RAM : Random Access memory. Nuff said.

I might add more if I can think of any. If anyone has anything there confused on hmu.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

1v1 (as of June) :
    Wins: 2 Losses: 0
    We accept the love we think we deserve.

Badge

User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: X_-ABlackGuy-_X

Wow nice job. I hear you talk about this stuff all the time but I only know about half the stuff.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!