User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: x-CrimsoN-x21

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/xCrimmYx?feature=mhee

Default USB gecko searching tips

Ever been disconnected because you tried to search too big of an adress range in a game? Yeah, its a pain. Ever wonder why? Read on.

The big difference between offline hacking and online hacking is one thing:
    The internet connection.

If you are coding an offline game, you can search the whole mem1 and mem2 range in one search. This makes it easier, and much faster.

If you are coding an online game, you can only search a certain amount of adresses before you trip your internet out and get disconnected. What is an appropriate adress range to search? I wouldn't reccomend more then 4 blocks at a time. As I was told once, its almost useless to search unless you have an idea of what your searching for is located online. A good tip for this is to dump the 81 region in a RAM dump, and search through that and see if you can find what your looking for. Even if you can't find exactly what your looking for, if you search the adress of the dvar in the 81 region you will find adresses common to that dvar.

I would also reccomend that you bookmark the wii cheat type document, and keep it opened. This will help when trying to assemble the code.

Use your resources, id reccomend looking at the adress in memory viewer and see what it does, how it changes etc. Before going further with an adress. You are also given breakpoints, run it through a breakpoint if you find it need be, it'll make the quality of your codes a lot better.

Mute. Keep the remote by you, I dunno about everyone else but id imagine the "BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPP BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ WEIRD SOUNDSSSSSSS" get annoying while you search. Ooh well, nothing can change that xD

Explore. Don't make common codes like inf. Ammo, be adventrous and do some cool gfx stuff or something. This will get you recognized faster, if you are seeking attention, and will teach you more if your in it for the knowledge.

Complexity. The more advanced the code, the better. It will be longer, and will probably have a better effect.

Go outside. Sittng inside searching all day will get tiring, don't hesitate to pause it and go do something; your gecko won't grow legs and run off (lol)

Requests. If someone requests anything, think about doing it. This might help inspire you, as well as give you major browny points (;

Test. Test the code before you post it anywhere, it takes a whole of what, 10 seconds? Just go to gct codes and apply it.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Austin .; 11-20-2011 at 07:21 PM.

1v1 (as of June) :
    Wins: 2 Losses: 0
    We accept the love we think we deserve.

User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xC0D--FR34Kx Steam ID: c0d-fr34k

Thanks dude, I'll make sure to keep this in mind.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!