Badge

User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: X_-ABlackGuy-_X

Default [TUT] How to uninstall IOS's/Unbrick your Wii

Yeah I know crazy title but its all in one. Okay first off you need BootMii installed on your Wii to make it invincible to any non-physical damage.
    When you first do the LetterBomb or Smash Stack and it says "install Homebrew Channel" then it should also say install BootMii as IOS or Install BootMii as as Boot2. I suggest you install as Boot2.

Now when you load up BootMii make sure there are nothing in the USB or GameCube Memory Card slots. You can use a GameCube controller to do this if you like.

If you are using a GameCube controller then when the menu pops up press the Power Button(yes the green light fucking power button) to scroll through the options (DO NOT HOLD DOWN THE BUTTON OR IT MAY TURN OFF AND BRICK YOUR WII) and press the RESET button to select.

Now if you are backing up your System then go to settings and do the picture with the arrow going FROM the Wii to the SD Card. Follow what it says on the screen and do not lose any power or turn off your Wii. If you do lose power and this is your first time doing it then you are screwed. Now when its all done and you followed when the screen says you will go back to the main BootMii menu and you can go back to Homebrew, Wii menu, ect.

Now on your SD Card there should be a few new files on there. On of them if nand.bin I highly recommend you make a backup of these files on your computer.

Now if you are just going to uninstall IOS's(unsoftmod) your Wii then you should do this BEFORE you install any IOS's.

Congradufuckalations you have now back up your Wii's nand.

Alright if your Wii is bricked then if you have all the stuff on your SD Card then it should load up BootMii. Note: after doing a system restoration some game save data might be gone. Now do what you did last time but this time instead of the arrow going from your Wii to your SD Card do the one that looks like stuff is going from your SD Card and to your Wii.

Like last time nothing in the USB/GameCube Memory card slots and you may use a GameCube controller if you like instead of the Power and Reset buttons.

Ok now follow while its processing dont turn it off or lose power. When its all done then it will bring you back to the main menu and you should have all your stuff back when you first backed up your Wii's memory.

I gave you guys this cause im selling my Wii today and I need it to play the disk channel. So yeah rep me if I helped.
    NOTE: if you have me on Black Ops then delete me cause I deleted all my profiles and unleaked codes

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

just 'round the corner PoptartHunter's Avatar
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/PoptartHunterCL

Nice tutorial, just one thing. Newer Wii's have boot2 patched and can only install as iOS. If you have one of these newer Wii's, I highly suggest installing Priiloader - an application where you can choose to where you want your Wii to boot to when it's powered on, so you can boot straight to BootMii without it installed as Boot2.

Download is here for those who want it: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/Priiloader

Once again though, Nice tutorial ABlackGuy! This will be very helpful to people.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by PoptartHunter; 11-23-2011 at 12:03 PM.