Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID

Default Bullying, Suicide, Enlightenment.

Before I start take note that this thread is not going to be about facts such as how many kids are bullied/commit suicide each year. You get enough of that already with all those no effort copy and paste youtube/facebook/twitter statuses/comments.

I am sure we have all been bullied in the past. The word "bullying" can range from simple name calling to extreme circumstances such as being consistently beaten up; just note that the word has a wide range of situations.

Though, how does someone become a bully? There are a lot of explanations; though no one can truly tell for sure without actually asking he/she who is the bully. Some say it is because of themselves being bullied at their household thus they think it is appropriate for them to perform such actions on others, some say they were born bullies, others say that they themselves were bullied thus they take it out on others, etc.

I however did not make this thread to encourage every bully to quit. That is impossible, bullying is ongoing and always will be; until the day we all become non-existent.

The reason I began with the topic of "bullying" was due to the fact that it largely relates to my next topic of discussion; suicide. Many, many people commit suicide due to the effects of bullying. Though bullying itself is not the cause; it is the enabler. It enables feelings and thoughts that most human beings find un-bearable. When these feelings/emotions fully take over the person their own life doesn't seem to matter as much anymore; getting rid of these feelings is all that matters. Thus they resort to killing themselves.

But. How does one stop these feelings of pain/anger/hate/sadness, etc from taking over? There are many solutions. Taking the bully out of the picture is one example (kid gets bullied during school, kid moves to another school). Though most solutions are short termed, the same problems will most likely re-occur as they continue their lives.

Though, I doubt many people have actually considered the possibility of fully controlling their own emotions? I personally am unable to do this as of now. Such an idea would even seem impossible to the masses. Lets face it, un-controllable emotions are a weakness we are all born with. I do however believe that a human can overcome this weakness, but how? I have no exact answer for that, as I don't know; but that doesn't mean that there isn't an answer!

Enlightenment. This is where I will start my search. A topic of discussion which is so vast that I would need an entire book to even scratch the surface of it. In short, trying to better yourself as a person would be a terrific start. Grow, become more knowledgeable, begin to understand the whole picture when a situation is presented, try to treat people the way they should be treated, equally; these are just some ideas, there are many many more.

I believe enlightenment is a life long path. Something that each human being should try to undertake.

That is all I wish to talk about in this thread; I doubt most people even bothered to read it all, if you did however, thank you.

-Enlighten yourselves my friends.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by xadzer; 12-12-2011 at 03:22 PM.

Former Mod
    xChromeT
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xChromeT

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/xChromeT

Why would [email protected] choose that nick?

Homosexual
    I Love Codeleakers!
    I Love men!

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/AJesus666333

Dude we just had a guy from the attorney general's office come and talk about cyber bullying today and he showed us videos of kids who committed suicide over being bullied, also he was funny as fucking hell!!! OMG

PLEASE ADD ME ON FACEBOOK!!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002164120399

just 'round the corner PoptartHunter's Avatar

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/PoptartHunterCL

How did I know that someone would bring something Wii related into this..

Great post, xadzer. I hope this gets people thinking before they act. Everyone has something going on in their life and you never know if that one little comment or action against someone is going to set them over the edge.

Former Mod
    xChromeT
    Gamer IDs

Contact info:

Sorry, I'll take it more seriously.

Claptrap Fan
    Automotive Aficionado

Badge

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
    Why would [email protected] choose that nick?
    This section is not a joke. The whole forum does not revolve around the Wii, keep it in that section. We don't want to see that shit around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
    Sorry, I'll take it more seriously.

The way I see it, people should actually surround themselves with good people, and stand up for themselves. I have friends who were tormented throughout high school, and turns out most of these "bullies" always talk shit. For some reason they didn't want to fight when someone was standing up for the person they were attacking.

[HOONIGAN]

Former Mod
    xChromeT
    Gamer IDs

Contact info:

Quote Originally Posted by Iced View Post
    This section is not a joke. The whole forum does not revolve around the Wii, keep it in that section. We don't want to see that shit around here.

The way I see it, people should actually surround themselves with good people, and stand up for themselves. I have friends who were tormented throughout high school, and turns out most of these "bullies" always talk shit. For some reason they didn't want to fight when someone was standing up for the person they were attacking.
    Im so sorry, I did not know. I won't do it again.

Badge

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: X_-ABlackGuy-_X

I was bullied back in 6th and 7th grade way back when. I was depressed most days and sat quietly in class. But then I always told myself that it could be worse. Then I started developing a sense of humor. Everyone thought I was the class clown in 8th grade and Freshman year in High school. But I hate it when people bully. But its also weird cause ive seen some Freshman get bullied every day cause they always go over to these guys table. They either want attention or they liked being bullied. Either way its not ok.

This is a great thread xadzer, thank you. I hope this helps someone.

Retired Prophet

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/kennethbgoodin

It'd be great if everyone could read this, and learn to think of how someone else feels. No one thinks before they talk anymore, that's the problem.

Sad thing is, the people doing the bullying, are the least likely to pay attention to something like this.

Lay off Chrome. If an admin, mod, or just someone who has been here longer had made a joke, no one would be telling him off. But no, gotta attack the new kid, who happens to enjoy wii. I know this is a serious post, in a serious section, but it's not like he's making fun of suicidal kids.

Last edited by ToxicJew.; 12-12-2011 at 01:57 PM.
    ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้