Results 1 to 1 of 1
03-14-2012, 08:39 PM #1
- Join Date
- Apr 2011
How to access the Safe Mode Recovery Menu
Just a heads-up for anyone experiencing issues with their PS Vita (aside from the obvious ones like a cracked screen or a faulty button). Freezing issues, lack of touchscreen responsivity, loading issues, etc. Read on.
1) Have the PS Vita switched off OR in standby to begin with. It doesn't really matter which, as long as you have a black screen.
2) Hold down the power button on the top of the PS Vita units for 30 seconds or longer, then release.
3) The PS Vita will boot to a menu. Select the option 'Rebuild Database'.
4) Wait and watch as the PS Vita repairs its software libraries.
5) Allow the unit to restart and boot back to the main menu.
6) If the above doesn't work, the unit may be low on power. Attach the power cable, leave it for 20 minutes or longer, then repeat the steps above.
Hope some of you guys find this useful, or at the very least it saves a couple of calls to Sony customer support