Results 1 to 4 of 4
03-23-2012, 01:44 PM #1
- Join Date
- Dec 2011
- On An Island
How to Use M3i Zero DS/Lite/DSi/DSi XL
- Assuming you already have a DS, you're going to need a flashcard for booting homebrew, I recommend the M3i Zero, it's hands-down the best flashcard available. There are some other flash cards available, such as the R4, AceKard, Supercard DSTwo, and G6. These are also cheap and work in a similar fashion. My guide focuses on the M3i Zero, but all flash cards are designed to do the same thing, have fun!
- You'll need a micro SDHC card, I recommend that you purchase one of the ones listed below due to their high performance and low cost. These are the ones I personally use and they work perfectly for all my homebrew and media needs on my DSi.
- You'll need a micro SDHC card reader. If you purchase one of the micro SDHC cards below, it will come with one, so don't even worry about this.
- Obviously, you're going to need a computer to download files and transfer files to the micro SDHC card.
- You'll need to download the latest m3i zero firmware (http://www.gamehouse88.com/m3i-zero-...lll-p-133.html).
- You're going to need to download the F_CORE.DAT, but only if you have a DSi or DSi XL. If so, go to the system settings and see which firmware you have, if it is 1.4U, then download this (http://www.mediafire.com/?jdujmj5jyyy), if it is 1.6U, then download this (http://www.mediafire.com/?367cn7idaunsatj). If neither of these are working for you, then refer to this page http://filetrip.net/f26863-M3i-Zero-Core-3-0-5.html, and on the right make sure it is the LATEST VERSION, and you should be fine. There have been a lot of issues lately with the F_CORE's I provide here, so this should take care of that. =D
- Extract the contents of the m3i zero firmware to the root of your micro sdhc card. If you don't have an extraction tool, download 7zip, its free and easy to use. After you install it, just right click the rar file you downloaded and click extract with 7zip.
- Also extract the F_CORE.rar and Place "F_CORE.DAT" on the root of your micro SDHC card, just like you did with the "SYSTEM" folder.
- Make sure you have the "system" folder and "F_CORE.DAT" on the root of your micro sdhc card and insert that into the slot on your m3i
- There was a USB cable that came in the m3i package. You'll need to plug the thin strip end of that into your m3i. Use the picture to the right as a reference, it has to be done exactly like that. Plug the USB end of the cable into your computer. A light in your m3i will start to blink. When it is done blinking, unplug everything, your m3i is ready to use. If your m3i did not blink when it was plugged into the computer, you did something wrong, format your micro SDHC card and repeat steps 1-6
- Insert the m3i into your DS and turn it on!
- Upon booting your m3i for the first time, you'll be presented with two options in the form of rectangles: click "m3 sakura" on the left. There will be some options to configure, including the language specification. These should be self explanatory. You may now hide the "SYSTEM" folder and the F_CORE.DAT, so that you don't have to see them when you add files to your m3i or when you are using it.
- You can also the change the appearance of your m3i, or the GUI (graphical user interface) by clicking on the "system" folder and then clicking on the "m3sakura" folder. There will be a few files in this folder with the extension ".skn". Clicking on one of these .skn files will change the theme of your m3i. You can also download more skins online.
03-23-2012, 01:55 PM #2
Nice tut zoey, a bit long though.
03-23-2012, 02:13 PM #3
- Join Date
- Apr 2011
Nice zoey, but there a huge flaws. M3i Zero is not popular and this tut that you mention won't work on many other flashcarts notably Acekard and Supercard two
To mod, plz change name to how to use M3i Zero
03-23-2012, 03:38 PM #4