Results 1 to 6 of 6
04-10-2012, 11:18 AM #1
Regarding Codes & Their Credits [Read]
Just to clear some stuff up for new members, this is how credits work for the wii scene.
• If you used someone else's address/code in a code you made (not pancaked), it is best to either add their name in the credits, or leave a note under the code of who found said address. You must do one of the two.
• Taking a code and changing the codetype does not mean you can take any credits. If you'd like to be recognized for converting a code into another codetype, please put a note under the code instead letting people know you modified the code.
Eg. Infinite UAV [Ropers]
If you converted this code to F6 (not a real code), it should look like this:
Infinite UAV [Ropers]
*Converted to F6 by blablabla
• Changing a value to an address that someone else has already released, does not mean you can take any credits whatsoever. You can't even put your name in the credits. All credits still go to the original coder(s).
• Stacking codes other people have made and taking credit is a huge NO NO. If you feel the need to pancake codes and post them on the forum, you must give credit for each and every code in the pancake.
After Patched Codes And Their Credits
• If you have afterpatched/unpatched a code someone else made originally, you can either:
A. Put the original coder's name in the credits first, and put your name after in the credits.
Ex. Infinite Ammo [Hetoan2/Blablabla]
B. Give all credits to the original creator, and leave a note under the code letting people know you unpatched it, if you'd like to be recognized.
Ex. Infinite Ammo [Hetoan2]
*Unpatched by Blablabla
These rules are basically what every member posting codes needs to know about credits. Feel free to throw out suggestions of what you think should be added/changed in the credit guidelines.
Last edited by PoptartHunter; 04-10-2012 at 11:39 AM.
04-10-2012, 11:29 AM #2
Thank goodness you made this thread Pop, too many credit stealers lately.
04-10-2012, 12:13 PM #3
Hopefully this clears some confusion.
04-10-2012, 12:15 PM #4
I think you should just put my name on every code. That way no code is left without credits.
04-10-2012, 12:44 PM #5
- Join Date
- Apr 2011
I think every code needs Alien Warlord's name just to piss off elijah
04-10-2012, 06:46 PM #6
Lol, nah I think the credits look good as is. xD