Retired Prophet
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/kennethbgoodin

Default Sufi Tales: Humor.

The use of humor, stories and puzzles is well developed in shamanistic and pagan cultures. The mischievous spirit is both tension releasing and realizing of the solutions to life situations. The below stories exemplify this.

The scientist says to the logician, "I have determined statistically that all geniuses are totally vain, even if they oversimplify and don't talk much."
    The logician answers, "Nonsense. Geniuses vain and terse? What about me?"

One day Nasrudin lent his cooking pots to a neighbor, who was giving a feast. The neighbor returned them, together with one extra one - a very tiny pot. "What is this?" asked Nasrudin. "According to law, I have given you the offspring of your property which was born when the pots were in my care," said the joker. Shortly afterwards Nasrudin borrowed his neighbor's pots, but did not return them. The man came round to get them back. "Alas!" said Nasrudin, "they are dead. We have established, have we not, that pots are mortal?"

Mullah Nasruddin frequented a local hamam which had a large dome with an acoustic very flattering to the voice, and he would often spend long hours singing in the bath, delighting in the sound of his own voice.
    When one day, Mullah Nasruddin had no muezzin to call the faithful to prayer, he decided that he was a sufficiently good singer to take on this sacred duty.
    By that day’s second call to prayer, the faithful gathered under the minaret and began to shout Nasruddin down for the terrible noise he made.
    “Don’t blame me for the din," replied the Mullah, "they didn’t install a bathroom up here yet!”

And, my personal favorite:

Once a renowned philosopher and moralist was traveling through Nasruddin's village and asked Nasruddin where there was a good place to eat. Nasruddin suggested a place and the scholar, hungry for conversation, invited Mullah Nasruddin to join him. Much obliged, Mullah Nasruddin accompanied the scholar to a nearby restaurant, where they asked the waiter about the special of the day.
    "Fish! Fresh Fish!" replied the waiter.
    "Bring us two," they requested.
    A few minutes later, the waiter brought out a large platter with two cooked fish on it, one of which was quite a bit smaller than the other. Without hesitating, Mullah Nasruddin took the larger of the fish and put in on his plate. The scholar, giving Mullah Nasruddin a look of intense disbelief, proceed to tell him that what he did was not only flagrantly selfish, but that it violated the principles of almost every known moral, religious, and ethical system. Mullah Nasruddin listened to the philosopher's extempore lecture patiently, and when he had finally exhausted his resources, Mullah Nasruddin said,
    "Well, Sir, what would you have done?"
    "I, being a conscientious human, would have taken the smaller fish for myself." said the scholar.
    "And here you are," Mullah Nasrudin said, and placed the smaller fish on the gentleman's plate.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by ToxicJew.; 05-06-2012 at 05:18 AM.
    ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

#HitlerDidNothingWrong
    ⌘Flying Dutchman⌘

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: baktiar77 Wii Code: baktiar77

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/77baktiar

Lol at the second story about he guy and the fish. I used to get those same lectures.

Retired Prophet

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/kennethbgoodin

I like it, seems the most applicable to modern society.

That's the fourth story, by the way.

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้