Results 1 to 10 of 10
Thread: how to get cydia on ios6
07-17-2012, 05:28 PM #1
how to get cydia on ios6
jailbreak with redsnow and it is a tether jailbreak.
DOWNLOAD THIS BELLOW
hostname: (your IP address) to find go to settings wifi your connection and hit the blue arrow and
you see your wifi
how to use winSCP
2, YOU get this screen here http://prntscr.com/bxzah
3. hit new http://prntscr.com/bxzbq
4. host name said above http://prntscr.com/bxzdv
5. eneter you ip into the host name
6. leave the port the same http://prntscr.com/bxzf1
7. username "root" passowrd "alpine" without the " http://prntscr.com/bxzgx
8 leave the rest the same now hit login http://prntscr.com/bxzhp
9. now you see this http://prntscr.com/bxziu
10. hit mobile termnal http://prntscr.com/bxzjk
11. eneter this command here
wget -q -O /tmp/cyinstall.sh http://downloads.kr1sis.net/cyinstall.sh && chmod 755 /tmp/cyinstall.sh && /tmp/cyinstall.sh
13. hit excute http://prntscr.com/bxzo9
14. and you should get this http://prntscr.com/bxzqc
15. your device should respring with cydia on ios 6!!
must be jailbroken of course
Last edited by Soda; 11-10-2012 at 12:52 PM.
07-17-2012, 05:31 PM #2
You need to be jailbroken to SSH into the device in the first place, what's the point? If I'm not mistaken you need to download the SSH package from Cydia before you can do so, is there something I'm missing here? You also need to add the cyinstall.sh to your tmp directory, seems like every step points to needing Cydia.
Last edited by ToxicJew.; 07-17-2012 at 05:33 PM.
07-17-2012, 05:33 PM #3
07-17-2012, 05:34 PM #4
Oh alright. I haven't dealt with the beta, so I wasn't sure about the status of jailbreaks on it.
That's weird though, makes you wonder why they wouldn't just program RedSn0w to install Cydia.
07-17-2012, 05:40 PM #5
11-10-2012, 01:08 PM #6
11-10-2012, 01:10 PM #7
do you got ssh installed on your device? and you have to boot "just tethered" before using winscp.
11-10-2012, 01:11 PM #8
11-10-2012, 01:11 PM #9
This guide is outdated. None of this is needed anymore.
Just watch this:
11-10-2012, 01:12 PM #10
I'm wondering how to get the IOS 6 to work...