Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aegis Chat!

Xat Scamming Shitstick
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: SLODDIR

Default Aegis Chat!

Aegis chat is an up and coming alternative to xat, and hopefully will be bigger, and better then xat.

Latest Beta: 1.1.0 [Chat version is located on upper left-hand corner of the chat. If the chat version does not match the version listed on this page, then hold shift and click refresh on your browser, or try clearing your cache and refreshing.]

/|- Changelog -|\

->7/21/12-7/25/12: Created and added a quick favicon for the domain. Got avatars working properly on the chat (finally). Put in some sound effects for pm's (whisper), user joins, user departures, userlist menus, and server messages. If you want to help find/make/pick out new or better sounds for the chat please let me know.

->7/17/12-7/20/12: Got some user personalization features working when you click your own name. Gives ability to edit your avatar url, nickname, and homepage url. The inclusion of nicknames caused me to have to modify alot of previous coding that relied on everyone communicating purely by ID and Registered Usernames. I think I have finally gotten rid of all of the username/nickname bugs which included pm's not working, some users not being removed/added to the userlist properly, and some chat message display issues. Made a quick attempt at implementing the avatar images which failed and apparently needs more thorough coding. Will work on that next chance I get. In the meantime please report any bugs not related to the avatars.

->7/15/12-7/16/12: Got the coding written and working for the userlist dropdown menus. Added Private Message ability.

->7/12/12-7/14/12: Had to work alot, but have been experimenting with some ideas for the user option menus. Updated this index page to pretty it up a little more until we build the site for this to be an actual service. Added a generic chat message sound and made a sound-toggle button.

->7/10/12-7/11/12: Embedded a liter (yet more stylish) font to decrease file size. Users can now only join the same room once. Chat message widths fixed so they don't fall under scrollbar. Old chat messages now removed after 25 messages are visible in chat.

->7/1/12-7/9/12: Continued improving account interactions with server and userlist functionality. Also improved the aesthetics of the chat client. Re-wrote some server coding for better efficiency, logging, and debugging purposes.

->6/18/12-6/30/12: With what little free time I was finding, I re-wrote the entire chat actionscript in AS3. Was not a painless or easy conversion, especially considering I had just learned AS2, and then had to learn AS3 which is completely different.

->6/17/12: Improved the server coding in misc areas. Made a couple of improvements to user-checks and authentications, which messed up the guest system so it's been temporarily disabled. You must register and login to the chat in order to use it for now. Still researching the best way to implement the user lists as far as code and component to use. Hopefully the userlists for rooms will be working on the evening of Monday, the 18th.

->6/16/12: Usernames are now working. Userlists not quite functional, only working if someone joins while you are already there, and do not remove names once people leave. Rooms are also working! Added a background Tinker made.

->6/13/12: Finally got a grasp on making the server/chat communicate and parse via sending xml formatted data. Added some styling to chat messages/text.

->6/11/12: Wrote alot of back-end php for the main site and user system. Not much done to chat or server today.

->6/7/12: Very basic user account system created. Accounts not yet interacting with chat, should be working by late evening of the 8th.

->6/5/12: Chat client/server written, published, and made public.'

-----------

Quick, sign up now to be a part of it before it gets too big!
    AegisChat.com ( Developed by Dns, and tinkerbuddha )

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

CLARKS WALLABEE'S MOTHERFUCKER

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: IAmTawsif

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/blackjt222

Looks kinda the same as xat.

Schizophrenic Serial Rapist
    Destroyer of Wack Threads

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/newhaxcom

Exclamation aegis. ftw.

Sloddir, thanks for starting this thread. Didn't even know it was on here until I found it indexed on google. I'll go ahead and start posting updates here since some people from cl are (somewhat) interested in Aegis now.

BTW, in case any of you ever wonder where i'm at or why i'm not active around here lately.. it's because of this time-consuming ass chat i'm building. I'm barely even active on my own site or even in my damn life cuz of this thing. But it's for the best in the long-run, and i'll be around more when it's finished.

So here we go..

8/23/12: Finally got the tabs system and dynamic content windows working. I know there are still some bugs, but I put it up as soon as I got it far enough along to allow you all to use the "private conversation" function. I know you can't close tabs yet, i'll get that working next chance I get to work on Aegis again (which may be tonight sometime). Please let me know of any other bugs you find in the meantime.

Last edited by dns; 08-23-2012 at 12:18 AM.
    אהיה אשר אהיה
    I do what I do because of who I am. I am not who I am because of what I do.

[ CL's Content Guidelines ] <-Read the shit.

Looking great dude, can't wait to use this later on.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: minnesotastyle

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/codeleakerforums

If it gets finished and it's good, I hope it replaces the shitty xat.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
    If it gets finished and it's good, I hope it replaces the shitty xat.
    The xat isnt shitty

But great job on this dns i hope this can be implimented into the site at some point

Contact info:

Thanks for the positive comments. This thing has been a pain in my ass, lol. Once it goes public maybe we can have a petition for aids to switch cl over to using Aegis instead of Xat. Whatcha think? It'll be better than their shit, I assure you.

אהיה אשר אהיה

Contact info:

Exclamation Updates from 8/23/12 - 8/29/12

-> 8/29/12: Ability to close tabs now functional. Tabs that can be closed will have a 'close button' appear when you hover over them, which you then of course click to close that tab. Also set up the tab functionality for the user/friend lists. Added re-connect function of 2 additional attempts on failed connects for client. Added more functionality to the 'Sign Out' button, such as being able to click 'Sign In' if you get disconnected. Fixed the login form issues where it wasn't properly displaying status/information messages at bottom correctly. Ability to add and manage friends coming soon. Will try to get the ban managerment implemented ASAP.

-> 8/28/12: Updated some client/server message relay packets/information, along with aesthetics of the information displayed within the client. Added an Acceptable Use Policy and Terms of Service. Added some effects to chat messages, users on join, and the kick/ban/pm popups.

-> 8/26/12: Fixed the font issue. When I changed the font I had embedded it on everything except the input, so only certain characters were available.

-> 8/26/12: Changed the font to Ubuntu Regular. Haven't had much time to work on Aegis due to working. Mainly brainstorming at this point for a new design, layout, and features. Don't want this to end up being considered a rip-off of anything else, so i'm thinking up some more original designs and whatnot.

(This image was taken from within the Flash IDE, that's why everything is appearing gray)

אהיה אשר אהיה

:O hope this will become more popular some day.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: minnesotastyle

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/codeleakerforums

I think it's coming along great. But I think once it's mostly done, you need to spend some time on the aesthetic properties of it. Other than that, KIU!