Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    MonsterCat
    Insan3Lik3
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/CheeseToastHax

Default About 1 year ago, I released my first mod.. Ghosts vs Humans v1.0.

I know, some people will automatically be like "Who cares".
    Or, they may think I'm an attention whore.
    But, I just wanted to say for those who are modding, and are wanting to
    become a knowledgeable modder, you can do it.. You may open up a mod menu
    and try to understand it, and be like "Wtf is that? How the hell did they learn how to do this"
    Which is what I thought. Nothing made sense to me. I learned how to edit Fx Legacy by myself,
    I noticed a pattern in the addOption thing, when you do the name and the script name and the number down, ect..
    But I started editing zombies, and I remember Notorious was a big help back then. I always asked JellyInjector
    on how to do stuff. Like how to add the Nova Gas script from RTD V2, I studied RTD nearly every day, It was way easier to understand
    then V4. V2 was the only RTD back then. V4 even confuses me today. Which makes me so how JellyInjector evolved. But
    I kept asking him stuff every day, I edited the zombies so much. I added perks and more guns, made a pack a punch guns folder, with multiple
    attachments, added juggernaut, no fog, ect.. I learned kinda by myself, and kinda from JellyInjector. My no fog was just a dvar in a script, the dvar
    was a no fog dvar (obviously). Then I asked Nity for the stand still turn invisible script, then I learned how to do team options from another mod.
    So I added some text, some perks, some guns, copied a third person from Hide and Seek (That shit's old xD) and released it. I regret credit stealing
    the third person. Idk why I did it.. But then I slowly started adding stuff and made Ghost vs Humans v2, and NukeTown Survival. All I'm trying to say out of all
    this, is no matter who you are, if you started modding today, can become successful. I'm not saying "look at me, I'm better then you" I'm just trying to say
    look at me, and you can be like that too. I'm not trying to show off in any way, although many people will take it that way..
    My best advice to being successful, is to really want to mod. It's one thing to say, and another thing to do.
    No matter how spoon fed you may be, if you don't really wanna learn, then you can't really..
    Take notes, and write down text codes like iprintlnbold and dvars and stuff in a notepad, write stuff you learned in a notepad. Look
    through other peoples gametypes, try to learn from them, I even look at Xbox mods, just to learn. And every error you get, remember,
    that you learned how not to do it, if your testing something 5 times, trying to get this script working, then remember, that you know how not to do it.
    I know it sounds really obvious and derp, but some people look at errors as a bad thing and then wanna quit modding..
    Somebody made a quote "I didn't fail 1000 times, I learned 1000 ways not to do it" I see some people that look like me a year ago,
    and they hear of modding and think of all the things they can make, and start making stuff right away. So don't think of modding as something
    impossible to do, because if you really wanted to do it, then you can. You just need to start now.

edit: Check this out, almost a year ago, I released this my first mod, ever. Look through it, and look at how basic it is, other then the third person, and the turning invisible.
    Those easy parts are the parts I made, maybe you could learn something from me.
    http://www.codeleakers.com/showthread.php?24009-Ghost-Mode-Made-By-Nity-And-CheeseToast-%28Not-Skittles!!!%29&highlight=Ghost+mode

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by CheeseToast; 08-14-2012 at 11:24 PM.
    "It's better to lose an argument/debate then to win. Cause when you lose you grow as a person."
    -CheeseToast

Badge

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: X_-ABlackGuy-_X

Damn this shit was fun. I remember one time when I was waiting by the bomb then some asshole camped in a corner right in front of me. The second I moved I was shot. I hated being ghosts. I still remember you testing this shit for weeks. You would get on for a minute just to test something then leave for another hour. I do say you put a lot of work into this.

Last edited by ABlackGuy; 08-14-2012 at 11:34 PM.

Gamer IDs

Wii Code: xGANJAx

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: youtube.com/theronpaulkid

I remember playing thyis with you and abg a longg ass time ago, possibly summer '11

Last edited by xGANJAx; 08-14-2012 at 11:29 PM.
    Get a job, stay in school, read books.

MonsterCat
    Insan3Lik3

Contact info:

Quote Originally Posted by ABlackGuy View Post
    Damn this shit was fun. I remember one time when I was waiting by the bomb then some asshole camped in a corner right in front of me. The second I moved I was shot. I hated being ghosts.
    Lol, that always happens. That's why you need your whole team at the bomb.
    Too bad that shit aint on PS3, maybe.. You should get back on teh Wii..

Oh yea, I forgot to say, the first time I've seen you post is.. One year ago, on that thread.
    I remember you playing with me a lot, then you came out of no where, made a CL account, then
    said nice job or something. You made an account just for me? ;)

Last edited by CheeseToast; 08-14-2012 at 11:31 PM.
    "It's better to lose an argument/debate then to win. Cause when you lose you grow as a person."
    -CheeseToast

Whirling Death
    #LeagueOfDraven

Congratulations man, you must be amazed at how simple something is for you to understand now when it may have been very confusing for you when you first started.

MonsterCat
    Insan3Lik3

Contact info:

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    Congratulations man, you must be amazed at how simple something is for you to understand now when it may have been very confusing for you when you first started.
    Sometimes. Sometimes I turn around and for a split second think as if nothing made sense, then I think of the first time I opened FX Legacy with ff viewer.

Btw I went back and looked through the whole thread, gives me memories.

-CheeseToast

PSN: xSoda22x
    Zombie Master
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XSoda22x PSN ID: xSoda22x Steam ID: xSod22x

I remember back when you were making WWII beach disaster kicking everybody but me lol, and I still use that gametype today

MonsterCat
    Insan3Lik3

Contact info:

That's like my most unpopular gametype, it's really fun though..

-CheeseToast

PSN: xSoda22x
    Zombie Master
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XSoda22x PSN ID: xSoda22x Steam ID: xSod22x

I still remember you messing up the coordinates making the care packages the wrong way. The good old days

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xC0D--FR34Kx Steam ID: c0d-fr34k

And you are right cheesetoast. I learnt to mod from looking at scripts. I thought wtf is all this, how am I gonna learn it all. But I did. Yes it took time but if it wern't for your mods then I wouldn't have known so much about the wii. Never give up with a mod. When I was porting Nitys menu to mw3, it was hard and as tiring as shit but I took it step bu step. Looked over the dvars and made sure I had no syntax errors. There were a shit load of them, I would start up my wii, then it would freeze my game. So I just removed the script and tried other ways.

Things can be done, things can be achieved, but only if you put your mond to it.

Thanks man!