Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tig O Bitties
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/l3g3darymods

Default Scripting Tutorials

So i'm going to start making scripting tutorials(for teh wiitards) for my youtube channel( www.youtube.com/L3G3DARYMODS ) and i wanna know exactly what stuff you want to learn about

so what i have put down for now is:

intro to scripting
    dvars
    if statements and while loops
    varriables
    for statement

anything else you want me to cover please comment below

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

MonsterCat
    Insan3Lik3

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/CheeseToastHax

Yay! Something what people used to take time to learn and had to put lots and lots of time
    to learn this stuff because they once had a dream of learning this. Let's take that whole concept away
    and give info away like candy! Now anybody can be a good modder with no motivation!

"It's better to lose an argument/debate then to win. Cause when you lose you grow as a person."
    -CheeseToast

Tig O Bitties

Contact info:

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseToast View Post
    Yay! Something what people used to take time to learn and had to put lots and lots of time
    to learn this stuff because they once had a dream of learning this. Let's take that whole concept away
    and give info away like candy! Now anybody can be a good modder with no motivation!
    way to be a dick...

but oh wait. your cheesetoast the sup0r 1337 haxor. boo hoo. cry me a river.

Whirling Death
    #LeagueOfDraven
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xCactusx

Well, that's rude. Let them learn how to mod, maybe someone can become the next legendary modder and have started out by watching these tutorials, anything can happen. Things change, not everyone has to learn something the same way.
    Grey, making these tuts is nice of you to do. I'm not interested in learning how to mod, but I'm sure that people who are interested in this are happy that you're going to do this.

Redx Even in death
    Clarity?

Badge

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xSeal_Rickyx Steam ID: sealricky

Nice More Tut Will Be Great

Click me if your an awesome person

This quote moved me.
    Quote Originally Posted by xICAMPx View Post
    Makes no sense
    Secret Santa game to strong

MonsterCat
    Insan3Lik3

Contact info:

Idk, I just look at Trentlio and Pwnzer and JellyInjector and look at how advanced their mods are, but more importantly, the time they put into it. They couldn't take a simple
    gametype like anybody can today, and learn something. They couldn't copy scripts. They made everything. And look at how respected they are? Trentlio deleted his site and YouTube
    because he sold his mods and people didn't like that. HIS MODS. People couldn't respect that. People were little selfish bitches and leaked his shit. It took 10 seconds to upload to a site and fuck up what he wanted.
    Mind you I never met him before, so I'm not standing up for a friend, this isn't bias, just honest. It took him tons of hours to make mods. I'm not supporting selling mods. I'm just saying that people who do work
    their ass's off for others to have fun, get as much respect as somebody like SuperCole30 because they edit mods. So now anybody can go out, ask friends, look at tutorials, look at really simple mods and boom,
    they are amazing with little to no work. Pwnzer brought this up before too. How editors don't get at recognized as the original makers of the menu/work. He did little to no work. He read some tutorials and asked some friends.
    People look at the cover of a book and not inside of it. People don't understand what I just said.
    It's just not fair.

your cheesetoast the sup0r 1337 haxor. boo hoo. cry me a river.
    You took everything I said the wrong way. This isn't about me. I never cared to be famous on Wii. I never expected to be
    where I am today. I'm not saying "FUCK YOU AND YOUR TUTORIALS!" I'm just voicing my opinions. I may have came off a little
    rude but that is just my opinion. This has nothing to do with you or me.

Last edited by CheeseToast; 09-06-2012 at 03:01 PM.
    "It's better to lose an argument/debate then to win. Cause when you lose you grow as a person."
    -CheeseToast

Tig O Bitties

Contact info:

Idk, I just look at Trentlio and Pwnzer and JellyInjector and look at how advanced their mods are, but more importantly, the time they put into it. They couldn't take a simple
    gametype like anybody can today, and learn something. They couldn't copy scripts. They made everything. And look at how respected they are? Trentlio deleted his site and YouTube
    because he sold his mods and people didn't like that. HIS MODS. People couldn't respect that. People were little selfish bitches and leaked his shit. It took 10 seconds to upload to a site and fuck up what he wanted.
    Mind you I never met him before, so I'm not standing up for a friend, this isn't bias, just honest. It took him tons of hours to make mods. I'm not supporting selling mods. I'm just saying that people who do work
    their ass's off for others to have fun, get as much respect as somebody like SuperCole30 because they edit mods. So now anybody can go out, ask friends, look at tutorials, look at really simple mods and boom,
    they are amazing with little to no work. Pwnzer brought this up before too. How editors don't get at recognized as the original makers of the menu/work. He did little to no work. He read some tutorials and asked some friends.
    People look at the cover of a book and not inside of it. People don't understand what I just said.
    It's just not fair.

You took everything I said the wrong way. This isn't about me. I never cared to be famous on Wii. I never expected to be
    where I am today. I'm not saying "FUCK YOU AND YOUR TUTORIALS!" I'm just voicing my opinions. I may have came off a little
    rude but that is just my opinion. This has nothing to do with you or me.
    all i am trying to do is help people because i want to be nice. i'm not doing it for fame or anything.

i know people have worked very hard in learning how to script including you and i and all the people you mentioned. i'm not giving them scripts or gametypes to look at and say go learn. I'm teaching people the individual processes and techniques to learn this stuff. I just want to pass down my knowledge to people who will actually use it. I really haven't made any mods in a while and i just don't want the knowledge to fade away.

MonsterCat
    Insan3Lik3

Contact info:

I'll tell you something.
    When I first started modding. I was editing the zombies from the fx legacy. The first menu on BO.
    I wanted to make it something so much more. I PMed Jelly all the time. It started with getting the Nova Gas script
    from Jelly's first RTD (v2) and putting it in zombies. Btw the v1 was made by Trent with like 10 rolls. So I kept getting errors and errors
    and In the end it was something else that screwed it up. But he helped me, and I eventually got it working and I kept making it better and better.
    I asked him if there were any tutorials. He said he learned everything on his own. I was shocked. I asked myself how the hell you would do that by yourself?
    That's like learning math by yourself. I looked up to him in so many ways. Not because RTD was awesome. But because of how motivated he was to do this.
    To learn everything by himself, for others. He helped me, and I highly respect him for that to this day. He gave me a big push. I kept asking him questions.
    10 PMs down the line, he said something like: "I learned this all by myself, I think you can too" It seemed so hard, and so impossible. I kept saying
    "I wish I were Jelly, I could make whatever I wanted too!" I stopped PMing me and I kept testing and testing and testing. 80% of the time I got an error.
    But I believe it was Albert Einstein would made this quote: "I haven't failed 100 times. I learned 100 ways not to do it" So no matter how many times I so
    called "failed" I was getting closer and closer of reaching my goal of being a good modder. Not to show off, not for fame, not for money. But because it was a
    hobby. Those days were the time of my life. The funny thing was, was I when I was having the time of my life, I had well... No life. I modded all day. It was an
    addiction because it was so fun. I would get an error and yell "FUCK!" But when I didn't, I pumped my fists in the air and said "Yes!" Because I did I tested an if statement
    from BO to MW3. I learned something. It didn't work? I also learned something. But when I got here, and ran out of good gametype ideas, I got kinda bored. But I reached my goal.
    I was confused. I wanted this so bad. But I knew why. It was because I was learning and learning and making progress and being able to make stuff and dreaming of a gametype
    before it was made. It was the challenge of learning that helped me. It was Jelly that helped me. But when I first started modding, I said to myself..
    "This is going to be so hard to do. When I learn this, I will make a tutorial." I thought learning this would be a pain in the ass and a tutorial would be amazing. But now everything is the other way around.
    I understand, your trying to help people and it looks like I hate that and nobody deserves to be as good as me. That's what you think. But your killing learning. Modding has changed my life and taught me anything is
    possible. It was an adventure, it was a goal. Tutorials, will kill all that fun. I always wanted to mod to play the finished gametypes. But now I make them, finish them, and make new ones. Making it and seeing your projects
    grow is what makes modding fun. Playing them is only a little bit of fun. People will never understand what it's like to mod unless they try. You know why so many people haven't tried? Because they think they will never make it,
    and that it will be a pain in the ass adventure with lots of errors. But on the other hand, anything in this world can be looking as positive or negative.

-CheeseToast

http://xat.com/cleaker
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 3213-373-1827

I say this will be good. I saw some of these posts on here, and one was nothing but Dvars and he had called it a script. Se7en I believe he is called.

G-Rey, your going to have your downers on this and people that are good. I say do it, hopefully everyone wont try and go try hard saying I know how to script and shit but now you can teach them the basics of coding and help them understand that too.

One simple ass thing you need to go over is, script compile error, Bad syntax, and how different coding can lead up to errors.
    I have gotten asked that several times already. "what does this error mean" Bugs me (lol).
    Well, That's it and I wish you the best of luck on this and hope it goes good.

#SOTW Second place
    More sigs here

1. Clash Of Clans Hack *Working as of 10-3-14*
    2. To lazy to go to homepage? Click >HERE<

Bad Company

Badge

whats with all the paragraphs of stuff about modding? :S
    anyways i have always wanted to learn just the basics so i dont look so stupid when people ask me stuff about mod menus

Quote Originally Posted by Iced View Post
    Red 58 = Swoot (Reincarnated)
    Quote Originally Posted by GOOBER View Post
    Terr0r you need a Gecko. Lets go to the Pet store and buy one
    Quote Originally Posted by ABlackGuy View Post
    He may not have a soul but he still has a brain. Unlike Russ who has neither.