User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Smirkz94 PSN ID: Smirkz- Steam ID: Unleashed2594

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Unleashed22594

Thumbs up 20 Predictions For Next Gen Consoles

Well Yahoo just released an article about their predictions for the next gen of consoles.....some sound good but most are either obvious, already happening or are just stupid.

Used games won't be banned, but will cost more.

They'll be on shelves even longer than this generation.

We won't see 'em all next year

Nintendo will revolutionize online play (lol)

Blu-ray will finally hit the big time

Backwards compatibility will be sacrificed

They'll be processing powerhouses

They'll contain DRM and you will complain about it

Digital delivery will grow…

…but brick and mortar stores will be just fine.

Non-gaming elements will become even more critical

They won't be islands

Single-player games will be harder to find

You'll see fewer games in general

...but a lot more free ones

User-generated content will get monetized

They'll bring back old favorites

They'll give virtual reality another shot

So what do you guys think? Like these idea's? What do you want in the next gen?

Source...the tards at Yahoo!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Unleashed; 09-23-2012 at 01:50 PM.

Notorious B.I.G
    http://xat.com/cleaker

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goober1337FX?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by Unleashed2594 View Post
    I don't wont to come home from work, turn on my PS4 and have to jump around my room like a retard. What about people that like playing in their room or have a small apartment? Sure it's cool but no it's just not wanted.
    Agreed. Good post I liked your comments under each "revolutionizing" idea

Retired Prophet

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/kennethbgoodin

Quote Originally Posted by Unleashed2594
    Shit if that's true throw a GTX 670 in those bitches or a Radeon 7970, sure it will be more expensive but if it's going to last that long might as well.
    That'll never happen, for a few key reasons.

1. Manufacturing costs.
    -When the PS3 and Xbox were first released, Microsoft and Sony were losing money with every console they sold. This was due to the high manufacturing costs, due to the inclusion of expensive graphics cards and other newer parts, like a BluRay drive in the PS3. Manufacturing consoles is a business, and to throw a monster graphics card into a cheap, consumer system would be to lose money and customers.2
    2. Price
    -Going off of the above point, the price would be hugely exorbant, just to meet the manufacturing costs. There was outrage over the release price of 360 and PS3, due to the powerful graphics cards in them. Now throwing in the top of the line stuff, when it's many times more expensive than it was back then, would end up raising the price too high to make consoles a viable opponent to PC's.
    3. PC's vs Consoles.
    -Computers need vastly more powerful graphics cards than consoles, because of optimization. A PC developer cannot optimize their games to run on one specific set of hardware like console developers can, because of the huge range of different PC builds out there. Because of this, console developers can pull more power out of the hardware without needing as powerful of hardware to run. That's what allowed the PS3 and Xbox to remain semi-modern and able to run the latest games, albeit at lower settings. If I tried to run Battlefield or some such on a PC with the equivalent of an Xbox graphics card powering it, even on the lowest settings, my PC would shit itself laughing.

Great article, by the way. Lot of time put in, it seems.

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Gamer IDs

Contact info:

Quote Originally Posted by L-Arginine View Post
    Agreed. Good post I liked your comments under each "revolutionizing" idea
    lol yea, Yahoo knows how to think outside the box.

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicJew. View Post
    That'll never happen, for a few key reasons.

1. Manufacturing costs.
    -When the PS3 and Xbox were first released, Microsoft and Sony were losing money with every console they sold. This was due to the high manufacturing costs, due to the inclusion of expensive graphics cards and other newer parts, like a BluRay drive in the PS3. Manufacturing consoles is a business, and to throw a monster graphics card into a cheap, consumer system would be to lose money and customers.2
    2. Price
    -Going off of the above point, the price would be hugely exorbant, just to meet the manufacturing costs. There was outrage over the release price of 360 and PS3, due to the powerful graphics cards in them. Now throwing in the top of the line stuff, when it's many times more expensive than it was back then, would end up raising the price too high to make consoles a viable opponent to PC's.
    3. PC's vs Consoles.
    -Computers need vastly more powerful graphics cards than consoles, because of optimization. A PC developer cannot optimize their games to run on one specific set of hardware like console developers can, because of the huge range of different PC builds out there. Because of this, console developers can pull more power out of the hardware without needing as powerful of hardware to run. That's what allowed the PS3 and Xbox to remain semi-modern and able to run the latest games, albeit at lower settings. If I tried to run Battlefield or some such on a PC with the equivalent of an Xbox graphics card powering it, even on the lowest settings, my PC would shit itself laughing.

Great article, by the way. Lot of time put in, it seems.
    Yea i know but it would be nice if they could somehow contain that power into a cheaper card, like the conversation we had the other day it would be like future proofing but yea since we are in a recession i doubt it will happen...sadly.

Unless they can somehow create a gen of consoles powerful enough just to ride out the recession then just give a processing beast when we get back on our feet, like i said sounds unlikely but hey you never know.

Also thanks i did work my ass off on this article.

Last edited by Unleashed; 09-23-2012 at 02:03 PM.

THE CLOSER
    Beast
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Lennons-Lemons

Let's see a 2014 release, please lawd. This Gen's consoles could last a couple more years.

Quote Originally Posted by RED 58 View Post
    yep, because BF3 is CoD
    Quote Originally Posted by SLOWSKI
    What's an area code

Badge

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: X_-ABlackGuy-_X

Pretty much to sum it up things will get more expensive and other things will be adapted towards the new gen. Like you said they should really concentrate on games and not adding other shit like tv or apps. It will be a shame that things will be more multiplayer oriented. I love a great story and gameplay. Instead what they should do is make more great single player games with co-op. Whats better than having a great game? Playing it with your friend. Not really competitive but cooperative. Hence co-op.

Badge

Default 20 Predictions For Next Gen Consoles

I agree ABG. I think a great Co-op game is Lost Planet 2 (I think that's what it's called). They should definitely make more games like that. Imagine AC was co-op or Uncharted? It'd be badass.

Collabo with my boi Artemis :3

Gamer IDs

Contact info:

^ Yea, man the co-op on Uncharted 2 was fantastic. Sanctuary was the shit dude, on Hard mode too challenging and fun. That's why i'm so excited for Dead Space 3, co-op looks badass.

Idk about you guys but to me it feels like these consoles haven't been out that long. Eh probably because im older because PS2 felt like it lasted forever lol. (Even though it really didn't).

But i'm starting to feel it, i think we are ready for a new gen.

Last edited by Unleashed; 09-23-2012 at 07:29 PM.

#HitlerDidNothingWrong
    ⌘Flying Dutchman⌘

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: baktiar77 Wii Code: baktiar77

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/77baktiar

Nintendo will revolutionize online play
    Even though little is known about Miiverse aka Nintendo's Facebook, it's already shaping up to be pretty impressive.
    It looks like your stuck with the ideal of Wii which had little online support.

Basically anything Nintendo makes, other game companies tend to copy(remember motion controls, joysticks, dpads, rumble, handheld connectivity?), so don't be surpised by Sony and Microsoft's ripoff.
    Backwards compatibility will be sacrificed
    Don't think that'll happen. One of the reason I bought my ecboc 360 back in '09 was that it was compatible with most of my classic Xbox (fat boc) games. Same with the Wii, it allowed me to play my favourite GameCube games. They know that most of their buyers would be their hardcore fans who have brought pre-gen game classics and would like to play them.

Also with the WiiU supporting Wii games, I don't see why Sony and Microsoft may not.

They'll be processing powerhouses
    Profit> Other Shit

The console makers Sony and Microsoft have made high-spec systems and have been forced to sell them at a loss.
    Do you think they'll make the same mistake twice?

If they were to put "processing powerhouses" in their consoles then the absurd prices of the PS3 will result once again. Sony who are already at loss, possibly won't do that and will try their best to compete with the "cheap" WiiU.

. Eh probably because im older because PS2 felt like it lasted forever lol. (Even though it really didn't).
    It did?
    2000-2006 (while money whores THQ, Activison and EA released stupid sport sequels and movie-videogames released games up to 2011)

I personally felt this generation was too long. I remember N64/PS1 times, a gen would last like 4-5 years.
    Many developers also don't put out original IP until next-gen console. (E.g. The Wonderful 100, ZombiU on WiiU)

Last edited by Baktiar; 09-23-2012 at 09:32 PM.