Results 1 to 9 of 9
10-14-2012, 01:09 PM #1
iOS 6 jailbreak + install Cydia without SSH!
Since the final release of iOS 6 a couple weeks ago, Redsn0w was never capable of installing Cydia. Te only way to do it was through SSH, which many users had issues with. But today the iPhone Dev Team rolled out a new update, Redsn0w 0.9.15b1, that installs Cydia with the jailbreak.
iPod Touch 4G
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.15b1 for Mac or PC and get your iDevice’s IPSW from a quick google search as well.
- Plug your iDevice into Redsn0w and click Extras and then click Select IPSW and select the IPSW you downloaded.
- Navigate through the next screen by selecting whatever bundles and options apply to you.
- Now go back to the first screen in Redsn0w and click on Jailbreak.
- Enter DFU mode by holding down the power and home buttons for 5 seconds, then releasing the power button and holding the home button still for about 15 seconds.
- Once device boots back up, re-open Redsn0w and perform step 2 again.
- Click on Just boot and enter DFU mode once again as stated in step 5.
You’re finished! Cydia should be on your device and remember, this is a tethered jailbreak. So you will need to boot the device tethered with Redsn0w every time the device dies, powers off, or reboots.
10-14-2012, 01:13 PM #2
10-14-2012, 01:22 PM #3
I have this jailbreak, thanks for posting it though. I am looking for the untethered jailbreak lol
10-14-2012, 01:36 PM #4
10-14-2012, 01:37 PM #5
For an untethered they'll need to find a new exploit, and it'll probably be the same exploit used on the new devices as well.
The only reason this tethered jailbreak is still possible is because of a bootrom exploit found ages ago, an exploit that was patched in the iPad2/iPhone 4S processor and beyond.
11-02-2012, 01:40 PM #6
can one of you guys help me jailbreak my phone? i have no idea how to find the isp. if i give u my phone info can you get an isp for me to download?
11-02-2012, 01:42 PM #7
This thread was posted a while ago, dude, don't bump old threads. Post a new thread in the Help and Requests section and I'll help you out.
11-02-2012, 01:43 PM #8
Toxic, is there an untethered jailbreak for IOS 6 that you know of?
11-02-2012, 01:45 PM #9
Did you not just read what I said?
Post your own thread or VM me, there's no reason to derail this thread with your questions. But no, there isn't.
Tags for this Thread