Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    MonsterCat
    Insan3Lik3
    CheeseToast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    4,684
    Points
    4,169
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    4,684
    Points
    4,169

    Contact info:

    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/CheeseToastHax

    Default Can Somebody Help Me With Science?

    We got a paper with questions. We need to answer them. We can bring a piece of paper (one side only) as a cheat sheet. I'm really stuck right now. I forgot the paper but the questions went something a long the lines of..

    What does a cell do to carry out the functions of life

    How do plants do to carry out the functions of life.

    The "Functions of life" are these..
    -Needs Energy
    -Produces Waste
    -Grows
    -Adapts (probably to environment)

    I'm REALLY fucking stuck right now. I know in cells, Exocytosis is the process of getting rid of waste. Anything at all can help me, you don't need to answer everything.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "It's better to lose an argument/debate then to win. Cause when you lose you grow as a person."
    -CheeseToast

  2. #2
    Diehard Swaggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Swaggy
    Posts
    939
    Points
    912
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Swaggy
    Posts
    939
    Points
    912
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: pG Swarm

    Default

    im pretty sure endocytosis lets energy into the cell.. idk google it.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Redx Even in death
    Clarity?
    Seal Ricky's Avatar

    Badge

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chi-Town
    Posts
    1,140
    Points
    1,424
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chi-Town
    Posts
    1,140
    Points
    1,424
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: xSeal_Rickyx Steam ID: sealricky

    Default

    -Produces Waste

    Don't they let out oxygen

    -Needs Energy

    photosynthesis

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Seal Ricky; 10-30-2012 at 05:11 PM.
    Click me if your an awesome person

    This quote moved me.
    Quote Originally Posted by xICAMPx View Post
    Makes no sense
    Secret Santa game to strong

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    ');DROP TABLE 'users';--
    Posts
    737
    Points
    1,710
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    ');DROP TABLE 'users';--
    Posts
    737
    Points
    1,710

    Default

    I take a micro-biology course in college so I know all of these.
    All cells (Eukaryotic and Prokaryotic) go through a lot of processes. I don't know how specific your guys get, but I know all the specifics, just ask.

    Plant cells photosynthesis which converts light energy into chemical energy. The main organelle used is chloroplast. Chlorophyll is the green pigment in the thylakoid which is also used for that process.

    Characteristics of life
    1. Highly Ordered
    2. Regulate Homeostasis
    3. Obtain and process Energy
    4. Grow and develop
    5. Reproduce
    6. Respond to the environment/stimuli
    7. Ability to evolve

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Nity; 10-30-2012 at 05:12 PM.

  5. #5

    Retired Prophet
    ToxicJew.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    S̢͎̳̞̲͈̪̳̻ͮͩt̟̳̏ͬ̔&#
    Posts
    7,781
    Points
    7,586
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    S̢͎̳̞̲͈̪̳̻ͮͩt̟̳̏ͬ̔&#
    Posts
    7,781
    Points
    7,586

    Contact info:

    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/kennethbgoodin

    Default

    Google.com

    I haven't taken a biology class in a year, so I dunno how accurate I'll be, but pertaining to plants:
    Energy is gathered through photosynthesis.
    Waste is produced in the form of Oxygen.
    Grows, kind of self explanatory, but I'm sure there's some specific answer your teacher is looking for.
    Adapts, again self explanatory, and probably some specific answer.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #6
    MonsterCat
    Insan3Lik3
    CheeseToast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    4,684
    Points
    4,169
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    4,684
    Points
    4,169

    Contact info:

    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/CheeseToastHax

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ToxicJew. View Post
    Google.com

    I haven't taken a biology class in a year, so I dunno how accurate I'll be, but pertaining to plants:
    Energy is gathered through photosynthesis.
    Waste is produced in the form of Oxygen.
    Grows, kind of self explanatory, but I'm sure there's some specific answer your teacher is looking for.
    Adapts, again self explanatory, and probably some specific answer.
    Thanks. I took note of waste is in the form of oxygen, it may raise my /6 mark up by one but what I need is the process.
    Yes, photosynthesis, but what causes that. Nity answered that pretty good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nity View Post
    I take a micro-biology course in college so I know all of these.
    All cells (Eukaryotic and Prokaryotic) go through a lot of processes. I don't know how specific your guys get, but I know all the specifics, just ask.

    Plant cells photosynthesis which converts light energy into chemical energy. The main organelle used is chloroplast. Chlorophyll is the green pigment in the thylakoid which is also used for that process.

    Characteristics of life
    1. Highly Ordered
    2. Regulate Homeostasis
    3. Obtain and process Energy
    4. Grow and develop
    5. Reproduce
    6. Respond to the environment/stimuli
    7. Ability to evolve
    Thanks. I forgot reproducing. As far as the school teachers in Grade 10, all we learn is 4. We pretty much need to explain in cells the organelles that carry out these functions for life. In plants, the organs that carry out this process.
    Thanks for helping.


    Energy would be what for the cell and the plant? Hmm.. Molecules need to enter the cell membrane through a protien channel or a _____ channel. Cant' remember the name.
    But what organelle does the process? Probably saying how as well as what will get me more marks. It's marked out of 6 for each question. 6 for plants and 6 for cells.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "It's better to lose an argument/debate then to win. Cause when you lose you grow as a person."
    -CheeseToast

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    ');DROP TABLE 'users';--
    Posts
    737
    Points
    1,710
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    ');DROP TABLE 'users';--
    Posts
    737
    Points
    1,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseToast View Post
    Energy would be what for the cell and the plant? Hmm.. Molecules need to enter the cell membrane through a protien channel or a _____ channel. Cant' remember the name.
    But what organelle does the process? Probably saying how as well as what will get me more marks. It's marked out of 6 for each question. 6 for plants and 6 for cells.
    Energy would be ATP.

    Molecule need to enter the cell membrane via a transport protein (channel/carrier)

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -10. The time now is 09:14 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2016 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.