Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Retired Prophet
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/kennethbgoodin

Default To everyone, in general.

Disclaimer: If you're not going to put in the time to both read the thread and make a serious post, please just don't respond.

I'd like to take a moment to talk about religion. Religion is, in essence, the driving force behind the majority of the world. Even those that don't follow a religion; whether it be science or just the act of having no belief, those without a religion cling to their science, they cling to their void. Religion is such a hugely important thing, whether you believe in one or not. No matter what you do or do not believe in, accept that religion is important. Religious people, contrary to the "popular" opinion among "atheists" these days, are not stupid. They're not morons, and they're not delusional just because of their beliefs. There will always be extremists, of course, and those people may take it too far, but I think these days everyone likes to ignore one crucial fact; just like you skeptics out there, religious individuals are just searching for meaning. They are trying their best to put the world into terms they can cope with and fit into. After all, who wants to live in a world with no meaning? Sometimes I think that'd free you, but it really doesn't. People want to feel like there's something behind everything you do, that there's some higher power and some meaning. I dunno about you guys, but I don't want to wake up everyday knowing that nothing I do matters. We all want to feel like what we do matters.

I implore you to stop whenever you feel like belittling someone because of their beliefs. Stop and think about what you're doing. What gives you the right to rip someone's beliefs apart just because you think you know what's right? What gives you the right to judge someone's entire system of right and wrong? Even if that system is flawed in your eyes, what gives you the right? Before you tear someone's beliefs apart, stop and control yourself. If you must provide criticism, temper it with kindness. If you can't refrain from telling someone why you think they're wrong, do so with respect for their beliefs and for them. If you treat them with a condescending nature, more than likely your words will be wasted breath. But if you come across as an informed person who accepts your adversaries beliefs and is choosing to engage that person in a purely information-based debate, they'll be much more accepting of what you're saying. You probably won't be converting anyone, but you may be able to relax some of their animosities. Just my thoughts.

tl;dr:

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by ToxicJew.; 11-25-2012 at 05:03 PM.
    ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

This is absolutely true, yet I still want to question their beliefs, so they actually think about their religion and go into detail.

Bad Company

Badge

This is one reason i like Jew, he fights for both sides

Quote Originally Posted by Iced View Post
    Red 58 = Swoot (Reincarnated)
    Quote Originally Posted by GOOBER View Post
    Terr0r you need a Gecko. Lets go to the Pet store and buy one
    Quote Originally Posted by ABlackGuy View Post
    He may not have a soul but he still has a brain. Unlike Russ who has neither.

Retired Prophet

Contact info:

@Vinyl. Word, you should question beliefs, everyone should question everything.

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

#NGAP

Badge

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AdDiCtEdToNizzY PSN ID: DBP-ASG Steam ID: NizzyArts

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/onehitterquitter137 Kik Username: RichHomieNizzy

Word Jew.

I hate it when I tell people I'm Muslim and they start saying that I hate god and I'm a "terrorist". Trying to crush my religion won't make your life better it's just wasted breath. Thanks Jew this has made me think alot about religion and respecting other people's beliefs more.

Notorious B.I.G
    http://xat.com/cleaker

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goober1337FX?feature=mhee

Good post jew, I hope everyone reads this. This goes hand in hand with things that aren't religious as well. Although I see it most commonly with religion or enlightenment beliefs. Its a good idea to try to learn from all beliefs and what people are saying, just when doing so be respectful.

Last edited by Goober.; 11-25-2012 at 05:19 PM.

Badge

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: iiSh0x

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/zSh0x

Word man, great post bro.
    You really get the point across, you're exactly right.

Default To everyone, in general.

I don't agree with this either, Jew I say remind yourself too. Don't go out and say this and then for example say my religion is wrong.

Retired Prophet

Contact info:

FUCK YOU CLAY IM RIGHT UR WRONG.

To everyone else, thanks for the positive feedback. And agreed Goober, these ideas can be applied to acceptance in general, my focus was just religion.

[email protected], I know we've clashed over religion before, but I'm not posting this for everyone else alone. I'm no hypocrite, if I post something of course it's a reminder to myself.

Last edited by ToxicJew.; 11-25-2012 at 05:24 PM.

I'ma Fuckin Scalie

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XEFDragon Steam ID: SketchyDragon

I mostly think religion is what people fall to because it's their way of fathoming the reason we're here, it's their way of seeing the big picture, it's so they don't have to think outside of the box. It's already there for them to soak up, and it's fed to them from the beginning of their placement on this planet. I do value religion because it offers many viewpoints, it's interesting to study, and it allows you to communicate with others because it's a highly prevalent topic.

I'm not against religion, I just think it can hinder what people can consume as far as different perspectives of creation, evolution, and the basic science of everything.

Some say I'll go to hell, some say I'll be happy no matter what. In their eyes, I will. I think our fate/destination/position is for us to decide, it's for us to script what we want our lives to become and what we want to believe. It shouldn't be predetermined, or spoonfed to us.

Those are just some fragments of my thoughts. No offence to anyone, even if you have read this.

Last edited by Feckless.; 11-25-2012 at 05:28 PM. Reason: fuckbiscuit typos
    P R O F E S S I O N A L S H I T P O S T E R