Badge

User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SIG Zyu PSN ID: Phru

Default Self- Actualization

A Term we studied in psychology a while back.

I agree with it.

http://psychology.about.com/od/theor...chyneeds_2.htm

Basically, it is saying when a person reaches their full potential (less than 1% of the population will do this) and he becomes aware of his potential.

Characteristics of Self- Actualized people
    "
    Acceptance and Realism: Self-actualized people have realistic perceptions of themselves, others and the world around them.

Problem-centering: Self-actualized individuals are concerned with solving problems outside of themselves, including helping others and finding solutions to problems in the external world. These people are often motivated by a sense of personal responsibility and ethics.

Spontaneity: Self-actualized people are spontaneous in their internal thoughts and outward behavior. While they can conform to rules and social expectations, they also tend to be open and unconventional.

Autonomy and Solitude: Another characteristic of self-actualized people is the need for independence and privacy. While they enjoy the company of others, these individuals need time to focus on developing their own individual potential.

Continued Freshness of Appreciation: Self-actualized people tend to view the world with a continual sense of appreciation, wonder and awe. Even simple experiences continue to be a source of inspiration and pleasure.

Peak Experiences: Individuals who are self-actualized often have what Maslow termed peak experiences, or moments of intense joy, wonder, awe and ecstasy. After these experiences, people feel inspired, strengthened, renewed or transformed.
    "

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom89 View Post
    If your all getting is "Palmela Handerson" then you seriously need to go out and talk to real girls.. At least try to get some real live Poon Tang

The Fire Within
    Winning!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TehNotorious PSN ID: NOTORIOUS-ORTIZ

Default Re: Self- Actualization

99% of Americans had this a few decades ago, people took their responsibilities very seriously and life was good. Now 99% of The teenage generation are a bunch of jerk-offs. Im being serious, it's really sad to see how our morals have gone to shit, and I do very much long for people who share this nature. I definitely believe I fit this. While I haven't reached my full potential in my career, I do believe I have reached my full potential as a person, if that makes sense. I would say there are a few other members who definitely fit this here at CL

^Thanks Renji for the awesome sig^

Retired Prophet

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/kennethbgoodin

I feel like I fit a lot of this. I do really well in school because I generally enjoy learning no matter what the topic is, I feel that with every new bit of information I learn I'm preparing myself even more for the future.

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

The Fire Within
    Winning!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TehNotorious PSN ID: NOTORIOUS-ORTIZ

Default Re: Self- Actualization

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicJew. View Post
    I feel like I fit a lot of this. I do really well in school because I generally enjoy learning no matter what the topic is, I feel that with every new bit of information I learn I'm preparing myself even more for the future.
    You were The exact person I was thinking of too!!! I think I had a gay moment

^Thanks Renji for the awesome sig^

Badge

Gamer IDs

The thing is, you don't have to be an straight A student to be self-actualized. You just have to meet your full potencial in life.

Maslow says SA (Self Actualized) people reach SA at around 50.

If your all getting is "Palmela Handerson" then you seriously need to go out and talk to real girls.. At least try to get some real live Poon Tang

Retired Prophet

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/kennethbgoodin

Yeah I'm not saying straight-A's, I don't really care about that. Grades are just an arbitrary number, they don't encapsulate me. I simply mentioned doing well because my passion for knowledge enables me to do so. Once, when writing a paper for an English class, I theorized that since my family is relatively poor I amass the riches of knowledge. Since I couldn't have everything the other kids had when I was younger, I immerse myself in learning all that I can.

But I'm going off on a tangent. I think if more people were self-actualized or at least tried to be, the world would be better off.

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Badge

Gamer IDs

Yeah I'm not saying straight-A's, I don't really care about that. Grades are just an arbitrary number, they don't encapsulate me. I simply mentioned doing well because my passion for knowledge enables me to do so. Once, when writing a paper for an English class, I theorized that since my family is relatively poor I amass the riches of knowledge. Since I couldn't have everything the other kids had when I was younger, I immerse myself in learning all that I can.

But I'm going off on a tangent. I think if more people were self-actualized or at least tried to be, the world would be better off.
    agree. I think the greatest change would be school itself. Everyone would realize that grades are just a number assigned, and are subjective and school would be just for knowledge.