Results 1 to 10 of 15
12-26-2012, 09:55 AM #1
App scam: Don't buy "Halo 4" in the app store.
If you happen to come across an app called “Halo 4,” don’t download it unless you want to purchase a $4.99 chess game. At first glance, everything appears to be completely normal. The app even has screenshots from the “game,” but if you take a look at the reviews, you’ll notice a few red flags.
This is what one unfortunate buyer had to say:
Bought this app because I thought it had to do with halo 4. Instead, it is nothing more than a chess game. This is a serious false advertising issue and I am contacting the proper federal administrative agency to handle this situation. DO NOT BUY! SCAM! Fraud!
Halo 4 for iPhone/iPad is the fourth installment in the Halo series where Master Chief returns to battle an ancient evil bent on vengeance and annihilation.
This version is iPhone/iPad exclusive.
- Halo 4 is a first-person shooter video game, in which players predominantly experience gameplay from a first-person perspective.
- The game perspective switches to third-person when using certain weapons, armor abilities and vehicles.
- The player’s head-up display (HUD) shows real-time information on the player character’s armor system, such as shield status, information on current weapons and armor abilities, and also display indicators for goals and objectives. The HUD also has a motion tracker that detects allies, enemies, and vehicles within a certain radius of the player.
- Halo 4′s story or campaign mode can be played through alone or cooperatively with up to three other players through Game Center.
- In Halo 4 all players assume the role of Master Chief.
- Players can enable skulls in the campaign menu which act as gameplay modifiers such as increasing enemy health, changing NPC behavior or removing elements of the player’s HUD.
- The campaign also features terminals which provide the player with additional backstory.
Update: There are now two fake Halo 4 games in the app store, here's what you get for buying them.
12-26-2012, 09:57 AM #2
I'd definitely pay $5 for chess
12-26-2012, 09:58 AM #3
12-26-2012, 09:58 AM #4
thanks for sharing
12-26-2012, 09:59 AM #5
- Join Date
- Dec 2011
- A Safe Haven
12-26-2012, 10:11 AM #6fear_botGuest
They could at least make the chess game styled like Halo 4.
12-26-2012, 10:18 AM #7Guest
thanks for sharing anways wats up with all this scamming lately and apple needs to take that down or they could get sued
12-26-2012, 10:20 AM #8
Damn jew i read ur post about FlashArmyKnife.
This is just stupid.
12-26-2012, 10:22 AM #9
What If Halo was a game of chess that we never noticed:amz:
12-26-2012, 10:49 AM #10
Tags for this Thread