Results 1 to 10 of 17
Thread: Playstation 4
12-30-2012, 05:40 PM #1
Ok so here's what we have.
1. It probably wont be called the Playstation 4, because the 4 in Japanese is said as Shi which also means death and the Japanese can be weird like that. They usually don't have any hospital rooms labeled as 4 or anything like that.
2. Orbis means Circle Of Life in Japanese just like the Vita means life. So that connection may be the hint at the fact that the real name may very well be The Playstation Orbis.
3. It may have 4GB of ram.....which isn't so great. Mind you that video game consoles dont need as much power and memory typically as a computer it is still a good idea to at least have 8GB for application and things like that.
4. The biggest shocker is that this motherfucker might be rocking a 7970...a 7970......yea a fucking 7970. What is this (to you who arent so tech savy) A 7970 is one of the best most advanced graphical cards out there. Here is a little taste of what the game will look like.
5. Games are already well into their development, and we will probably see a early 2014 release. This sounds like a long time but really it's just one about year from now. So this June at E3 lets see the beast unleashed.
More info and a bunch of shit they want to push. It's an interesting read, i'd recommend checking it out.
Last edited by Unleashed; 12-30-2012 at 05:41 PM.
12-30-2012, 05:42 PM #2
Lol, it won't be rocking a 7970, I can tell you that much. Unless you're willing to pay 800-900 green backs. Starting price.
12-30-2012, 05:43 PM #3
4GB of RAM will be fine, a console doesn't need as much RAM because everything is optimized for the hardware and because it won't have an entire advanced OS running behind it while it runs. Hell I hardly ever use the 8GBs I've got in my rig.
A 7970 would be too expensive to have in there without upping the price up way beyond what anyone wants to spend. It'd be the PS3 all over again (forced to lower the price so low that they lose money on every sale).
Last edited by ToxicJew.; 12-30-2012 at 05:44 PM.
12-30-2012, 05:43 PM #4
Peace, Love, and Positivity
- Join Date
- Aug 2011
- Playboy Mansion
Holy crap this is awesome if it runs a 7970 !
I can't fucking wait :desk:
12-30-2012, 05:45 PM #5
PC gaming > console gaming.
That's all I have to say.
12-30-2012, 05:50 PM #6T.B.W@TBWModsGuest
holy shit thats gonna be beast the graphics look real as hell lol i cant wait for this to come out
12-30-2012, 05:53 PM #7
Try running today's games on a PC with hardware equivalent to the Xbox 360 or PS3. Here's you hint, you can't. When you have a system dedicated for gaming you can squeeze out a lot more, because the developers are able to optimize their games and utilize every ounce of power available. PC's don't have that same luxury because of the thousands of variations of hardware, and they have to run an entire operating system in the background.
4 GB is decent, compared to the 512 MB's we have now at 720p resolution. I'm only worried about backwards compatibility... if the new PlayStation can't play PS3 games, then I'm going to have to hold off for a bit after its release. I'm not buying a console with a small game collection (sucks for all you Vita owners).
12-30-2012, 06:05 PM #8
12-30-2012, 06:18 PM #9
12-30-2012, 06:52 PM #10