User Info     Contact     Gamer ID

Default [Site Review] Plug.dj

---Suggested by Retro---

First of all i would like to thank Retro for suggesting this site on my previous review thread, about Turntable.fm.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    This site takes a totally different play on online djing than turntable.fm. Now im not saying that's a bad thing, its all just based on preferences.Alright so Plug.dj is site, like Turntable.fm, where you can get with some friends, or just randoms and play a bunch of music together. However, here at Plug.dj, there is only 1 DJ spot, unlike Turntable.fm. But what kid of makes up for the fact that there is only one spot, is the fact that there is a waiting line for those who want to play there songs. I like this concept because then there is not alot of fighting (against autoclickers) for that one spot. Below is a picture of that one DJ spot and the wait line that follows it.

Also, just like Turntable.fm, there are thousands and thousands of different rooms to play in. However, unlike Turntable, rooms are not separated by the genre of music that is played in them. I've been sitting in this one same room for probably the past hour and i have heard an abundance of genre's of music being played. Im not sure how i feel about this because when Im writing an essay or whatever and i need some background noise, i would prefer it to be something thats consistent with my particular music tastes you know?

Anyways, as you might have suspected, you also need to create an account to play music here too. But dont worry, it literally takes like 5 seconds. So what the smart thing to do is when you get to the site for the first time, click "Login with Google." If you have a gmail account its very simple.

After you create an account and log in, you will see this screen.

Now you can choose the room where you want to share/listen to some music. Just like Turntable, you could also create your own room and have people join and listen to you as well. Now once you join a room, this is where i think Plug.dj just blows Turntable.fm out of the water. In the top middle of your screen, you will be able to see a video. This video is a youtube video on whatever song is being played. I think this plugin is awesome. Because then you can just click this -->

And it will bring you right to that youtube video. This is quite useful because say you find a song that is just awesome and you've never heard it before. With this feature, you can just find that video on Youtube, and download that song on the video using a simple Youtube2mp3 converter. (This converter i find works best --> http://www.flvto.com)

Also, as soon as you enter a room of course you will notice the number of avatars on the "dance floor." Again, just like Turntable.fm, this number of avatars will vary depending on the amount of people in the room. You can change you avatar depending on how many points you have. The cooler the avatar = the more points you need in order to get that avatar. Simple concept.

I like this site and i would rate it at a solid 7/10. I havent been a member on here for that long (seeing that Retro only recommended it a few days ago) but ive been around the site and have been in a few rooms so i know the general layout and such. This site is relativity new to the internet seeing that the highest amount of points ive seen someone have is around 9000. But if you have never been to this site before, i recommend that you give it a try. Great place to find new music for your ipod/iphones or whatever you listen to music on.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spector51 Steam ID: CreeperLAW

this is a great share BeaverJ.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!