Just say no to drugs hell nah I ain't listen Drugs's Avatar

Badge

User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Spin Master PSN ID: xTiPToN_- Steam ID: xTipton

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/users/xTiPToN

Default [TUT] Promethius for 6.0+

Anybody who wants to use MewSeek for iOS 6+ will come across an error that says,"MewSeek is not compatible with this version."

There is an easy fix for these problems that I am here to help with. I found this fix while messing around in iFile. If somebody else found it before me, credits to them as well.

Step 1: You will need to have iFile downloaded on your iDevice. I believe this is available from most repos, but I would suggest insanelyi or modmyi.

Step 2: If you don't already have Promethius downloaded, it's available via the insanely repo. (See all repo's thread by Jew)

Step 3: Follow the files...

/System/Library/CoreServices...

Once you find the CoreServices folder, you will need to go to SystemVersion.plist at the bottom. Open this up...

Once you clicked on it, you'll see a notification, select open in text viewer.

Step 4: You should see, on the 3'rd to last row of the text, something like this...

Code:
    <string>iPhone OS</string>
    <string>6.0 (or) 6.0.1</string>
    Step 5: Click the "EDIT" button in the tope left and change the 6.0 or 6.0.1 to 5.0.1...

So now it should look like this...

Code:
    <string>iPhone OS</string>
    <string>5.0.1</string>
    Step 6: Go to the top left and click done.

Whooo!!! You can now import music straight into your library using the Pandora Downloader and MewSeek!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Retired Prophet

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/kennethbgoodin

I doubt you found this out yourself, how often does one go rooting around in CoreServices?

This is a well-known "hack" and was first widely used in order to enable iPhoto use on iOS 5 so users wouldn't have to update and lose their jailbreak just to use the apps.

And, you have to find and change your build version as well, not just the iOS version, in order for it to function properly.

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Badge

Gamer IDs

Contact info:

I was actually looking for some text modifications when I found this. Its previous existence was blind to me. I had no idea. The amount of .plist files that can be edited to make personal modifications is ridiculous. So whoever found this gets credit I guess :/ Even though I did come across this myself.

As for the application running, the application works perfectly fine for me. I haven't had a single problem. I changed the build back to iOS 6.0.1 after I get done with my songs because other applications weren't functioning properly .

The cool thing is, this still works and I think that's what matters.

Retired Prophet

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/kennethbgoodin

Yeah I mean it's cool if you actually did find this yourself, I just found it unlikely. But yeah this has been used many times. It is indeed buggy. It may work better for you if you change your actual build version as well, the random letters and numbers, and not just your consumer version number.

That gives me an idea; I should write a Cydia tweak that changes it for you, to whatever iOS version you want, and allows you to toggle it quickly and easily. It'd be very easy to make.

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Badge

Gamer IDs

Contact info:

I support this idea.

However, changing the firmware text messes with other applications as well. I tried to play hill climber on 5.0.1 (even though I'm actually on 6.0.1) and the game would only load vertically.

If you were to make this cydia tweak, you would need to put a disclaimer on there saying...

"CAUTION: Changing your iOS version has side effects to other applications. If you want to run other applications smoothly and bug free, you must set the bar (<--- iOS Switcher) to your current iOS. Thank you."