Retired Prophet
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/kennethbgoodin

Default Microsoft wants out of the PC game, its no-show at CES 2013 proves it.

Windows 8 was a Dear John letter to manufacturers like Acer and Dell, and CES 2013 was the official breakup. Now what?

The biggest news of last weeks Consumer Electronics Show that enduring altar at which the industry lays bare its sacrifices for the coming year was not Ultra-HD televisions, censored satellite receivers, or even smart vacuums. Rather, it was the void left by one of the shows biggest stars. Microsoft, the anchor of the PC ecosystem, which since 1995 had given every keynote presentation at the event that had come to represent the ying to Macworlds yang, was a no show.

With Windows 8 just hitting its stride, it may seem like a funny time for Microsoft to drop off the CES map. But Microsoft knows what its OEM partners wont admit: PCs are already dead, Windows 8 was never meant for them anyway, and the future lies in Microsoft-built hardware. Heres what the future holds for the company that made its fortunes in a mine thats running out of gold.

Read the rest of the article: http://www.digitaltrends.com/computi...#ixzz2IgxBC5Nj

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Formally known as Tlpwnzer KazzababeGamer's Avatar

PC's are dead, huh? I'm calling bullshit. I think Microsoft is making a huge mistake here, but obviously theres no way I can influence them.

#HitlerDidNothingWrong
    ⌘Flying Dutchman⌘

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: baktiar77 Wii Code: baktiar77

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/77baktiar

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzababe View Post
    PC's are dead, huh? I'm calling bullshit. I think Microsoft is making a huge mistake here, but obviously theres no way I can influence them.
    They want to be like Apple.

They saw how successful and rich Apple is as it controls both the software and hardware of it's computers. Microsoft is tired of being used like a whore by a dozen PC makers and wants to create it's own hardware which it controls. It's Surface tablet is just a stepping stone of it's desire to control the Computer market. (Yes, a tablet is classified under Computers and due to the success of iPad, Apple is the #1 Computer Maker in the West).

Just my 2 cents.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: peephole303 Steam ID: Grpeephole303

i dont think Microsoft is making a mistake.. I have windows 8.... ON an ACER computer... hell i havent even seen a microsoft computer in ages ive my laptop was Acer, my desktop is Gateway my sisters laptop was HP