Wii U Section Moderator
    Computer Engineer

Badge

User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: MrOwnership Wii Code: MrOwnership

Default Nintendo Direct Recap

Quick Summary

Two System Updates Coming Spring And Summer, Spring Includes Virtual Console

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has announced during today Nintendo Direct that the Wii U will receive two system updates. One of these updates will be coming to the spring, along with the Wii U Virtual Console. The second will be coming in the summer. The Virtual Console will include NES and Super NES games. Save states, GamePad play, Miiverse integration. GBA games are coming.

Source

Pikmin 3 Details Shared During Nintendo Direct

Nintendo has announced that you can use the Wii U GamePad as a camera in Pikmin 3 to capture close-up photos of your climactic encounters – and share them in Miiverse. Nintendo has yet to announce a solid release date for the game in Japan, Europe and North America.

Source

Wii U Virtual Console to offer discounts for previous purchases

Satoru Iwata took the stage today for UK’s Nintendo Direct to address some of the issues people have been having with the Wii U console. One of the things he discussed was the Virtual Console, which he confirmed is coming to the Wii U. Titles will be limited to NES and SNES as Nintendo works on getting them ready for distribution on the Wii U. Because the Virtual Console is being offered separately from what’s available on the Wii, Nintendo is offering a discount program for those who have already purchased a game on the Wii.

The games will retain the normal price, $4.99-$5.99 for NES and $7.99-$8.99 for SNES. However, NES games will be discounted to $0.99 if you already own them on Wii and SNES games will be discounted to $1.49. This is Nintendo’s attempt to retain loyal customers.

Additionally, Nintendo is offering a new trial to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the release of the Famicon system. Certain games will be available for only $.30 cents during the promotion and users can purchase them for that price. The promotion will go on through the month of July, when the Famicon was originally launched in Japan.

Source

New 3D Mario Game And Mario Kart Coming To Wii U

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has announced that Nintendo EAD team is currently working on a 3D Mario title for the Wii U which will be shown off during E3. This game comes from the development team behind Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario 3D Land. Iwata also announced that a new Mario Kart game is in development for Wii U. Both of these games will be playable at this years E3 event in June.

Source

Yoshi Confirmed For Wii U

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has announced that they are busy developing a brand new Yoshi game for the Wii U. Iwata didn’t show off any video footage, but instead he showed a couple of screenshots that revealed a game with a similar style to Kirby’s Epic Yarn on Wii U. Iwata didn’t announce when we can expect the game, but it’s thought to be this year.

Source

Zelda Wind Waker Reborn And New Zelda Coming To Wii U

It has been announced that The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker reborn will be coming to the Wii U and will be available this Fall. Nintendo also said that they are working on a brand new Zelda title for Wii U, though this is a long time off. Wind Waker reborn will feature overhauled visuals and new elements.

Source

New Monolith Soft Game Announced for Wii U

Nintendo announced that Monolith Soft, the guys behind Xenoblade Chronicles, has a new RPG project in the works for Wii U. Nintendo president Satoru Iwata wouldn’t give a release date for the game, but I suspect we will hear plenty more about the game at E3. You can watch the HD trailer for the game, above.

Source

Shin-Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem Wii U

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata announced during today’s Nintendo Direct presentation that Atlus and Nintendo (presumably Intelligent) are collaborating to bring a new Fire Emblem game to the Wii U. The game is called Shin-Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem. You can view the HD trailer above.

Source

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by MrOwnership; 01-23-2013 at 07:25 AM.

#HitlerDidNothingWrong
    ⌘Flying Dutchman⌘

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: baktiar77 Wii Code: baktiar77

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/77baktiar

Default Nintendo Direct Recap

Fucking kill me.

Too much information to process. My body is ready but my wallet is not.

By the way you missed a few new trailers for Bayonetta and The Wondereful 101

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited by Baktiar; 01-23-2013 at 05:37 AM.

Wii U Gamer
    Mira Nigga
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ItsMeGaryA Steam ID: garyworldsofgaming Wii Code: Its-Me-Gary

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/garyworldsofgaming Kik Username: iamgarya

Monolith remind me of monster hunter

Quote Originally Posted by QubaN View Post
    this is why i rarely post.