Results 1 to 1 of 1
01-28-2013, 03:39 PM #1
How to jailbreak iOS 6.1 (pre-A5 only).
As you may have read, the final version of iOS 6.1 just dropped for all devices, and that means that soon we should probably expect a jailbreak of the untethered variety to hit all iOS 6.1 compatible devices (outside of Apple TV 3). In the interim, however, for those of you wishing to jailbreak Apple’s latest firmware on a pre-A5 device, keep reading.
First, it must be mentioned that this is a tethered jailbreak for pre-A5 devices only. That means only the iPhone 4, the iPhone 3GS, and the iPod touch 4th generation are supported. If you want something a bit more robust, I suggest waiting until Sunday.
- Upgrade your device to iOS 6.1. Since this is now public firmware, all users will be able to do this.
- Download the iOS 6.0 firmware for your device from the downloads section below. Not iOS 6.1.
- Download RedSn0w 0.9.15b3 from the downloads section below.
- Connect your eligible device to your computer and place the device into DFU mode.
- Open RedSn0w, and click Extras > Select IPSW > and select the iOS 6.0 IPSW for your device that you downloaded before. Click OK.
- Click back, and then click the Jailbreak button. After a brief load, ensure Install Cydia is selected and then click Next. The jailbreak will commence.
- Once your device is back to the Lock screen, place it back into DFU mode.
- Go back to RedSn0w, and again, use Select IPSW to identify the 6.0 firmware as you did before.device. As your device boots, you should notice a pwnapple logo.
- Once your device is back at the Lock screen, you're done! Open Cydi
RedSn0w 0.9.15 beta 3:
Thanks to iDownloadBlog for the video tutorial and steps.
Tags for this Thread