Retired Prophet
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/kennethbgoodin

Default iTransmission 3 released, iOS 6-exclusive BitTorrent client.

BitTorrent clients are, sadly, one thing you won't find in the App Store. It's understandable, given their likeliness of being used for piracy, but torrents don't have to be used for piracy purposes. And, not all piracy is done through torrents. A good BitTorrent client for mobile usage isn't bad to have at all, and it gives iOS users yet another reason to jailbreak.

iTransmission 3 isn't just a re-patterned release with an iOS 6 flavor; it's a full redesign of the popular client. The new release comes packaged with a new, better UI, an updated backend, and exclusive compatibility with iOS 6.

Mike from iDownloadBlog had this to say:

The interface in iTransmission 3 has thankfully been simplified. There’s a screen on the main page for monitoring your transfers, and a banner along the bottom to access all the functions. The banner includes buttons for adding torrents, refreshing the display, setting limits on bandwidth use, and a link for other preferences and settings.

Unfortunately iTransmission 3′s interface currently lacks support for the iPad’s large display; a feature I already miss from iTransmission 2. I really like being able to manage my downloads from my iPad’s big screen, so I made do with FullForce.

iTransmission 3 accepts direct magnet links, as well as any torrents you can access through the built-in web browser. I was able to access my Humble Bundle account through the browser. All I had to do was click on the link for a torrent file to start a download, and it appears in my transfers.

As you can expect from any desktop client, there are options to limit factors like connections per torrent, upload/download limits, and the maximum number of connections. The client also allows you to choose between using cellular data and WiFi.

You can find iTransmission 3 in the ModMyi repo for free.

Thanks to iDownloadBlog for the information.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by ToxicJew.; 02-06-2013 at 02:27 PM.
    ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

★ All Star ★
    XZERUDA

Badge

User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xzeruda Steam ID: xzeruda Wii Code: xzeruda

Woah nice, i've always hated apple , but i think i'm buying an iphone 5 soon just for the fact that it's has a beautiful build quality.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!