Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: peephole303 Steam ID: Grpeephole303

Default I would like an atheist point of view.

Well ive been wondering for Atheist who dont believe in religious bullcrap that is spread everywhere.

Why do you side Satan is some bad thing? hell even the bible pretty much points a respectfull picture of him "other than thier god saying hes bad"

my reasons for this is Atheism means you dont believe in what the religion has to teach you. So my question is why do you follow the religions teaching and automatically associate something from its text as evil because that religion says it is?

On an interesting note. the Opposite is said for lucifer... people tend to think possitively towards lucifer.. seeing as they are the same being i find it weird.

CHRISTIANS YOU MAY POST BUT IM NOT LOOKING FOR YOUR OPINION SO I WILL IGNORE IT

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Does Not Exist
    Phantom
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: redshift70

Christianity has basically brainwashed people into thinking whatever "god" says is bad, religious or not. Im atheist, and have an open mind about anything, but if i started praying to Satan/Lucifer( im not that educated on the topic ) my mom would pop a vein. I dont think Satan is necessarily evil, just that most people think since the story book known as the bible says that this thing known as satan is bad, then he is bad. Like i said im not too educated on the topic so please correct me if i am wrong about anything.

Badge

Quote Originally Posted by o.qυαηтυм.o View Post
    Christianity has basically brainwashed people into thinking whatever "god" says is bad, religious or not. Im atheist, and have an open mind about anything, but if i started praying to Satan/Lucifer( im not that educated on the topic ) my mom would pop a vein. I dont think Satan is necessarily evil, just that most people think since the story book known as the bible says that this thing known as satan is bad, then he is bad. Like i said im not too educated on the topic so please correct me if i am wrong about anything.
    According to you Christianity has brainwashed. I'm a Christian and I'm not brainwashed. I know what the Bible says. Who's to say whether its true or fake other than the people back in those times? No one. Not you, not me, not anyone. I indeed believe in God. If you do have an open mind, do not bash another's religion .

Collabo with my boi Artemis :3

Does Not Exist
    Phantom
    Gamer IDs

In my opinion Christianty has brainwashed people into thinking that Satan is evil. I respect your religion, and i try my best not to "bash it" but my opinion is my opinion.

Bad Company

Badge

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo.answers
    People's beliefs of Satan range from the silly to the abstract—from a little red guy with horns who sits on your shoulder urging you to sin, to an expression used to describe the personification of evil. The Bible, however, gives us a clear portrait of who Satan is and how he affects our lives. Put simply, the Bible defines Satan as an angelic being who fell from his position in heaven due to sin and is now radically opposed to God, doing all in his power to thwart God's purposes for humanity.

Satan was created as a holy angel. Isaiah 14:12 possibly gives Satan’s pre-fall name as Lucifer. Ezekiel 28:12-14 describes Satan as having been created a cherubim, apparently the highest created angel. He became arrogant in his beauty and status and decided he wanted to sit on a throne above that of God (Isaiah 14:13-14; Ezekiel 28:15; 1 Timothy 3:6). Satan’s pride led to his fall. Notice the many “I will” statements in Isaiah 14:12-15. Because of his sin, God barred Satan from heaven.

Satan became the ruler of this world that functions apart from God and the prince of the power of the air (John 12:31; 2 Corinthians 4:4; Ephesians 2:2). He is an accuser (Revelation 12:10), a tempter (Matthew 4:3; 1 Thessalonians 3:5), and a deceiver (Genesis 3; 2 Corinthians 4:4; Revelation 20:3). His very name means adversary or “one who opposes.” Another name used Satan, the devil, means “slanderer.”

Even though he was cast out of heaven, he still seeks to elevate his throne above God. He counterfeits all that God does, hoping to gain the worship of the world and foment opposition to God's kingdom. Satan is the ultimate source behind every false cult and world religion. Satan will do anything and everything in his power to oppose God, and those who follow God. However, Satan’s destiny is sealed—an eternity in the lake of fire (Revelation 20:10).
    I don't see anything wrong with being religious, it kinda gives you an incentive to do the right thing ya know. Whats so bad about that? Also the bible is not to be taken literally, it's what they call Biblical Literalism (Pretty simple term).

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Iced View Post
    Red 58 = Swoot (Reincarnated)
    Quote Originally Posted by GOOBER View Post
    Terr0r you need a Gecko. Lets go to the Pet store and buy one
    Quote Originally Posted by ABlackGuy View Post
    He may not have a soul but he still has a brain. Unlike Russ who has neither.

Does Not Exist
    Phantom
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by RED 58 View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with being religious, it kinda gives you an incentive to do the right thing ya know. Whats so bad about that? Also the bible is not to be taken literally, it's what they call Biblical Literalism (Pretty simple term).

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."
    - Albert Camus
    I dont need to believe in false god to tell me to do the right thing. Also im the opposite of that quote, i wold LOVE for their to be a true god and that my life would be eternal, but sadly i know there isnt. I will start going to church when i get hard evidence that there is a higher being that created humanity.

Bad Company

Badge

I dont need to believe in false god to tell me to do the right thing. Also im the opposite of that quote, i wold LOVE for their to be a true god and that my life would be eternal, but sadly i know there isnt. I will start going to church when i get hard evidence that there is a higher being that created humanity.
    Cool, and I will stop when you can give me hard evidence that there isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Iced View Post
    Red 58 = Swoot (Reincarnated)
    Quote Originally Posted by GOOBER View Post
    Terr0r you need a Gecko. Lets go to the Pet store and buy one
    Quote Originally Posted by ABlackGuy View Post
    He may not have a soul but he still has a brain. Unlike Russ who has neither.

I was brought up as a Christian but now I'm an atheist. I don't even believe in satan or god, or anything. But for those that do, good for you. I think it's good for people that go by the bible and live their lives by a "code" I guess I could call it. I just don't personally believe in that stuff.

(Not trying to "bash" anyone's religious views just for the record.)

Does Not Exist
    Phantom
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by RED 58 View Post
    Cool, and I will stop when you can give me hard evidence that there isn't.
    I dont believe something because there is no hard evidence. You believe something because there isnt hard evidence that its fake.

I dont believe something because there is no hard evidence. You believe something because there isnt hard evidence that its fake.
    Now you're just being a dick. People believe what they want, because they can. No evidence is needed. (Assuming you live in America quantum) In the US we are who we are because of the freedom to believe whatever we want.