Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MonsterCat
    Insan3Lik3
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/CheeseToastHax

Default What do you think about life?

Would you kill yourself, would you take a bullet for somebody you know, would you find it right to save anybody before you. What do you think about life? How much do you value it? Personally, life feels very meaningless. Not

really depressing, just meaningless. The future feels like shit, I don't expect to get a girlfriend anytime soon. I'm not rich. Life just really seems pointless, it's like I want to sleep all day and not wake up just so I wouldn't have to get through

the day. Life just seems like endless work of bullshit everyday. Seems like life is full of jealousy. It's like watching a movie that's perfect and having a perfect ending when my life incomparable. Don't get me wrong, I'm not depressed.

Maybe it's borderline depression, although I don't have the urge of killing myself anytime soon. I mean if I died it wouldn't really matter, it would be neutral. Even the fact that I had somebody I loved so much 3 years ago and now I have

nobody. Doesn't really make me sad or angry, just jealous about other people. This thread isn't a thread for me to say "My life sucks, give me attention". I'm just wondering if anybody feels like that or has felt like that. I would prefer if

immature CL users don't post.

edit: I feel that I've been smoking weed a lot to "get through the day". To make life more fun. But when I'm sober, it pissed me off that I'm not happy all the time (This isn't a marijuana thread, I'm just saying that marijuana may have participated in making life the way it is.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by CheeseToast; 03-13-2013 at 04:46 PM.
    "It's better to lose an argument/debate then to win. Cause when you lose you grow as a person."
    -CheeseToast

Badge

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: X_-ABlackGuy-_X

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseToast View Post
    immature CL users don't post.
    But you made the thread so how does that work?

PS3 Section Mod
    The One Who Survived
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: TheNightmare500

I know what you mean, I mean why is that others get a better life and more destined for greatness. It makes me feel sad that I am a no body on this planet just an average person and I can't do anything about that either. Because it's not my destiny...

GFX Battle Record:7-2

MonsterCat
    Insan3Lik3

Contact info:

Quote Originally Posted by suus View Post
    But you made the thread so how does that work?
    You have a point. I've been really selfish lately. Getting respect lost from people I was really close with, arguing with everybody, bitching at everything, wasting peoples time. Maybe that's what caused me to think life is so meaningless, because all my respect was gone. I'm not going to say I've changed, cause I don't really expect you to believe me, but I'm trying my best to change. Anyways, ABlackGuy, what do you think about life. Do you value life?

Last edited by CheeseToast; 03-13-2013 at 04:44 PM.
    "It's better to lose an argument/debate then to win. Cause when you lose you grow as a person."
    -CheeseToast

Retired Prophet

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/kennethbgoodin

I'm gonna preface this by saying I didn't read the entire OP, because this thread isn't really about what you think. It's a chance for everyone to post how they feel while disregarding others, and if you feel differently then good for you.

I've spent ages pondering human life, morality, and the point of it all. I won't post my entire musings here, because honestly I don't know how long it'd take or how much space I'd take up. I'll do a brief summary of my thoughts.

From a moral standpoint. I believe that morals do not exist in nature itself. One species or individual does not have the moral right to live versus another one. Morals are something humans invented because we are self aware and thus able to evaluate our decisions. A serial killer has as much of a right to live as a newborn child; but, you must remember that I don't feel that anything has a "right to live." Don't take what I say the wrong way. I don't mean that I'm going to rape and pillage, I simply mean that I don't believe in petty distinctions such as the difference between insignificant lifeforms on a tiny rock. Which leads into my next point quite nicely.

I believe there is no point to life. We are randomly created beings by a Universe that is so miraculously random that arrays of chemicals and particles of basically energy came together, randomly, to form beings that can not only move at will against the basic laws of gravity, but can evaluate and unravel the mysteries of that universe. It seems so perfectly set up, so picture-esque of religion, but I can't bring myself to believe in it. I would truly love to believe that something will happen after I die, that I won't become wasted energy that did nothing but contribute to the further damage to the Earth's many ecosystems, but I can't. In my belief system, life has no meaning and we are never going to matter, because there is nothing for us, as a whole, to matter to. Who's going to appreciate the human race, or for that matter every species on earth, beyond earth itself? There's nothing out there to appreciate us, to marvel at our creations and to say "Good job, earthlings, you're doing a good thing here." There's never going to be anything like that, as far as my lifetime is concerned. Which leads me to say that life is meaningless. There is no point. There is no impression on the universe, there is nothing sentient out there to appreciate me. Life has no point because it leaves no lasting impression on its surroundings.

So when you ask, "What do you think about life?" I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to say. I've pondered suicide many times over the past few months. Not because I'm depressed, I'm actually very happy with where I am on a local level. I've pondered blowing my brains for two reasons; as an experiment, and just for the hell of it. Who's going to miss me beyond a few friends? There are 310 million people in the US alone, and not even 1% of those people even know who I am.

What's it worth? The happy memories I have? Yippee, they're just neurological pathways in my brain that can change at any time; that's right, your memories can be modified. Alongside that, your senses trick you. How do I even know if I'm seeing what my brain is telling me. Sensory tricks can be exemplified just by listening to auditory illusions or looking at optical ones. Your brain never even sees the light of day. Everything you know is defined by what information your senses see and how it is interpreted. My point being that nothing is concrete. There are no absolutes. The theory of gravity isn't even an absolute, for example. Yes, you know in general that if you let go of something, it's going to fall, but there is no way to prove that beyond a doubt in every situation every time, meaning it's not concrete. Nothing is absolute, you can't rely on anything being constant. How can I value life when I don't even know if what I'm seeing and hearing and touching is really life?

These days I spend a lot of my time trying to inform people about the environment, simply because when I ignore the uselessness of it, I enjoy the beauty of nature. Despite how cold my words may seem, I despair over the way people treat our environment, just to make a quick buck. I simply live these days to learn as much as I can and to inform others of what I know concerning ecology. that's my musings on life. Now eat a dick.

Edit: Now I read some of the OP, and I feel the need to reply.

Who cares if you don't have a girlfriend? What do you need one for? What does that word even mean? Think beyond your petty problems, look at things as a whole. You have no reason to be upset over little things. It doesn't matter; you'll be dead in a few years anyways. I don't mean to condone suicide, but so what? If you want to, then do it. The short answer is, nobody cares. And I don't say that to sound mean, I mean it with the utmost consideration. My point is that no one's sad over the Middle Eastern kid that killed himself fifty years ago. No one's upset over Julius Caeser getting stabbed. People die and move on, history rewrites itself, yada yada. Robert Frost once said, "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

Last edited by ToxicJew.; 03-13-2013 at 05:53 PM.
    ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: pG Swarm

It just seems to me, that when you kill yourself, everyone cares about you then, but not before. This doesn`t really go with the topic but still.

swagswagswagswagswagswagswagswagswagswagswagswagsw agswagswagswagswagswagswagswagswagswagswagswagswag swagswagswagswagswagswagswagswagswag

Las Vegas 702
    Lakers 4 Life.

When life give you lemons, you make lemonade. That's what I think about life.

Quote Originally Posted by Originality View Post
    If I gave you a dollar everyday for the amount of fucks I give daily, then you would be broke

~ Originality

Bad Company

Badge

i shall start off by saying, jew, that was a long ass post that i will have to read tomorrow when im not half asleep

anyways. Like Money, i am a soldier. I will take a bullet for any man even if i have only known you for 3 seconds. Its not because its my job to protect the citizens of the United States, the Democratic Republic Government, and our Freedoms that would make me jump in front of that bullet. No, its simply the way i am. I am willing to die to save another human being because i believe that everyone should be given a chance at life, even if it requires me to sacrifice my own. Its called Patriotism, something this country is lacking. People think that all Americans are "stupid", "arrogant", or "lazy". But we are much more than that, we are a United country. Certain days we are more bonded than others, but at the end of every day, we are a country who will fight to the end to protect our believes, our freedoms, and our people.

People like me and Money go out and risk our lives for the people of our country. We go through hell so others can enjoy their lives to its full potential. I urge those who arent taking advantage of how good they have it, to put their pitiful differences aside, and work as a team to ensure that this country lasts and the next generation can live in peace like you and so forth.

Those of you who are reading this, suicide is for the weak minded. You are basically giving up, that makes you a quitter in my book. Dont quit on life, because you only got one shot at it. You think you have it bad? No. Everyone has their down moments in life, but you can come crying to me about how bad life is when you watch most of your friends die and then spend three days with their dead corpses in a muddy, cold trench. That is what US Soldiers have done for you. Now its your turn to contribute back.

Quote Originally Posted by Iced View Post
    Red 58 = Swoot (Reincarnated)
    Quote Originally Posted by GOOBER View Post
    Terr0r you need a Gecko. Lets go to the Pet store and buy one
    Quote Originally Posted by ABlackGuy View Post
    He may not have a soul but he still has a brain. Unlike Russ who has neither.

MonsterCat
    Insan3Lik3

Contact info:

Quote Originally Posted by BeastBoy View Post
    It just seems to me, that when you kill yourself, everyone cares about you then, but not before. This doesn`t really go with the topic but still.
    That is why people commit suicide. They want the attention that they never got. You can call people attention whores, but people need attention in some way to be happy. Having a close friend or family member brings you

attention, even though you don't purposely use them for attention to benifit yourself. I see what you mean.

Jew, what you said was very meaningful. The world seems so planned but nothing is really known. It makes you wonder if god/spirits really do exist. Seems like the biggest mystery in my mind is is god real. I just wonder why you

aren't born knowing god was real like he was a born in family member. But, let's not turn this thread into a religious thread please. When you said who cares if you have a girlfriend. It's not about being seen by others has "in a

relationship with a girl" vs "being single". It's just the fact that they have somebody that smiles at them whenever they see you. When I was in love, life felt a lot more meaningful, it felt complete (unlike now). Many people find

picking up girls easy, for me it's mission impossible. I just find it hard to talk to people I don't know, get to know people. I wish I could just go with the flow and not care about what ends up happening, but really, I get paranoid

and would rather not talk with a girl to save me any embarrassing/awkward moments.

Red, that was really inspirational and true. I never really thought people who committed suicide were weak, but come to think of it they are.

Last edited by CheeseToast; 03-13-2013 at 05:55 PM.
    -CheeseToast

Retired Prophet

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/kennethbgoodin

I wouldn't call people that commit suicide in general weak, because you don't know every circumstance; you don't know that person's situation. You can't make a statement that encapsulates everyone like that. You can say that people who commit suicide because of bullying are weak, but even that's debatable. It is, by nature, impossible to make a statement like that (one that encompasses a group) without knowing each individual that you are targeting. I say this because situations are so varied. In my experience, there cannot be a "weak" person that commits suicide, because to label someone as weak means you'd have to first judge what they're going through, and that of course would require me to have been through it. Besides which, weak is not a quantifiable term; I find it incomparable.

Actually CheeseToast, studies have shown that humans are born with an innate desire for some sort of deity. It is completely normal for a child who has never heard of any sort of god to desire one or to accept one as true, despite seeing no evidence of this god or having no influence from one's parents. Humans want to believe that there is something greater than them. I believe there are two main reasons that religion is nigh impossible to get rid of; it is especially useful in controlling masses by enforcing a sense of consequence for actions, and simply because people want to believe that something happens after they die. People want to believe there is some divine purpose to their short, short time here on earth. Some might argue that looking for confirmation of your own worth is weakness. But that's just some more metaphorical food for thought.

And as a sidenote, I think it's kind of impossible to have a discussion about life in terms of its worth to humans without tying in religion.

Last edited by ToxicJew.; 03-13-2013 at 06:16 PM.
    ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้