MonsterCat
    Insan3Lik3
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/CheeseToastHax

Default Adding Three Subboard in "Site Suggestions"

I'm on a forum that has a better system for their "Site Suggestions". They have an "Accepted", "Rejected", and "Awaiting" sub boards. So if you wanted to see if your thread got accepted, you could. I made a suggestion and wanted to go back to the thread to see if it would get accepted, guess what? It got deleted. So fuck, how will I know if it will be added to the site? Do I just gotta wait a week and see what CL is gonna be? Nevermind it would clean everything out.

An admin could go in there, and if the suggestion is horrible, or isn't possible on CL, then it would be moved to "Rejected". If it's a good idea with lots of debates, it could be moved to "Awaiting". If an admin goes to the thread and can add the site suggestion then he can add it to the site and put it in the "Accepted" section. If aids wants to check what new things are added to CL, he can go to the "Approved" suggestions. This would remove people suggesting suggestions already suggested and rejected.. Why delete valuable threads like we are now?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "It's better to lose an argument/debate then to win. Cause when you lose you grow as a person."
    -CheeseToast

fear_bot

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseToast View Post
    Why delete valuable threads like we are now?
    Threads that have been rejected, are spam, or just plain shit take up space on the server, this is why they are deleted.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: wieisjason

Quote Originally Posted by fear_bot View Post
    Threads that have been rejected, are spam, or just plain shit take up space on the server, this is why they are deleted.
    This should happen with most topics though, not even mentioning suggestions.

"Rank does not confer power or privilege, it imposes responsibility."

I was clearing out the site suggestions forum yesterday, i moved most of the "obvious no" threads to be pruned, that reminds me I need to finish that off later. If your thread cannot be found it was an obvious no.

Don't really see the point in adding more subforums> the thread is viewed replied to by admins> decision is made if its a yes or a no> the suggestion is implemented/not implemented> Thread is closed and moved to be pruned.

There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it.

Free bitcoin's referal link

Site BBcodes

MonsterCat
    Insan3Lik3

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/CheeseToastHax

Quote Originally Posted by fear_bot View Post
    Well it's not like the server is run on a $5 hosting a month and can't take over 1000 threads on the site.. If we really cared about lowering the thread count then we could make a system where inactive threads over 4 months get deleted..

"It's better to lose an argument/debate then to win. Cause when you lose you grow as a person."
    -CheeseToast

Well it's not like the server is run on a $5 hosting a month and can't take over 1000 threads on the site.. If we really cared about lowering the thread count then we could make a system where inactive threads over 4 months get deleted..
    But the flaw in that is tutorials or closed site announcement threads. There are good and helpful threads that have been inactive for months and up to a year. If that idea is implemented, there would be to many bumping of really old threads. That would be to much to deal with. And that would end up being more spam than just leaving them.

We already have a pruning system, where do you think all the old threads have gone in the almost two years that you have been here? We have a certain time frame for different threads in different sections.

The suggestions section is fine the way it is, no point in having a section full of shitty suggestions and we don't need a section for awaiting suggestions. If the suggestion is awaiting then it is still open, if it is closed then it was either accepted or rejected.

Last edited by ellijah; 03-18-2013 at 06:27 AM.