Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Future Miiverse Updates
03-28-2013, 03:05 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jun 2011
Future Miiverse Updates
The social network will be more deeply integrated with games. Nintendo is planning updates to Miiverse functionality, including the ability to more deeply integrate the social network with Wii U games. Nintendo is also listening to developer requests on how they might extend the Miiverse API to include more benefits.
- Players will be able to send and receive comments in-game.
- Players will be able to see ‘Yeahs’ in-game.
- They can follow users, and see who users are following in-game.
- Users will be able to launch games from Miiverse Posts.
- Launch buttons on Miiverse posts can contain program arguments, so it will be possible to boot directly to a certain level or menu in a game.
- Can work with online datastore for additional functionality.
- Mizuki sees the potential application of level editing and sharing via Miiverse.
- User Sub-Communities (like Mario Kart 7′s) are coming to Miiverse.
- Can be used to organise and hold tournaments.
- First game to use them is Wii Fit U.
- Nintendo is canvassing developers for anything else they’d like to see in the API.