Results 1 to 7 of 7
05-09-2013, 01:31 AM #1
Need some suggestions for my business design art...
Hey guys it's me again and I am needing some help.. This is the proposed name that I made for my Internet Shop, would you mind giving me suggestions? Do I need to add more detail? And what kind of detail... And do I need to change the font and color? Should I put a background, and what background would fit? Well, I would be glad if someone could help me.. This is an urgent request.. Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Y2K_Fury; 05-09-2013 at 01:34 AM.
05-09-2013, 04:36 AM #2
• The image should be larger than you think you'll need it to be. Currently it's about 900 x 300 (with empty space).. double that amount. Why? Because if you ever need the image to be on something larger, such as a billboard or a sign, then it's all a matter of resizing the original image down to what you need. This is why vector is preferred for logos, but if you're going to use raster than make the original image as large as possible.
• Use a font that either reflects your shop's look and feel, or a font that is professional and legible. Here's a good place to look for free fonts, Sans Serif fonts are good: http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=501
• The font color should reflect your shop's look and feel, or simply use black or white.
• Backgrounds should not be used for logos (unless it's a part of the overall design), so it's preferred to keep the background transparent.
• Make sure you're not plagiarizing any artwork (such as that @coffee and keyboard ball), because you could get into legal trouble. If you're going to use any artwork from outside sources, then you either need to use artwork that is free to use for businesses, or get the copyright holder's permission.
Suggestion on design:
Baywood sounds like something you'd see at a beach, so perhaps you could put silhouette palm trees behind the "Baywood" text, implying that your cafe is beach themed. You already have the right idea for the "Cafe" text.
05-09-2013, 04:56 AM #3
Here is your image with a transparent background incase you ever needed to use it.
05-09-2013, 05:04 AM #4
05-09-2013, 05:44 AM #5
Sorry. I'm not very good with graphics...
Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk
05-09-2013, 05:12 PM #6
[email protected] and keyboard balls) are from Google.. And yes I just copied and paste them.. And also, you mentioned that "Baywood" is related to beach.. Well, yes it is but that "Baywood" is the name of our street in our village.. Do I still need to add some trees beside it? Or should I start over again and remake it? Can you make me a version of yours? Thanks again...
05-09-2013, 05:48 PM #7
I would suggest maybe making a street sign kind of thing. It is simple and you could pretty much do it without taking hours to do so.