User Info     Contact     Gamer ID

Exclamation Need some suggestions for my business design art...

Hey guys it's me again and I am needing some help.. This is the proposed name that I made for my Internet Shop, would you mind giving me suggestions? Do I need to add more detail? And what kind of detail... And do I need to change the font and color? Should I put a background, and what background would fit? Well, I would be glad if someone could help me.. This is an urgent request.. Thanks in advance!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Y2K_Fury; 05-09-2013 at 02:34 AM.
    ^Thanks Josh!^

^Thanks Converse!^
    I am a Monster Hunter Fan and also a Veteran of all Monster Hunter series.

• The image should be larger than you think you'll need it to be. Currently it's about 900 x 300 (with empty space).. double that amount. Why? Because if you ever need the image to be on something larger, such as a billboard or a sign, then it's all a matter of resizing the original image down to what you need. This is why vector is preferred for logos, but if you're going to use raster than make the original image as large as possible.

• Use a font that either reflects your shop's look and feel, or a font that is professional and legible. Here's a good place to look for free fonts, Sans Serif fonts are good: http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=501

• The font color should reflect your shop's look and feel, or simply use black or white.

• Backgrounds should not be used for logos (unless it's a part of the overall design), so it's preferred to keep the background transparent.

• Make sure you're not plagiarizing any artwork (such as that @coffee and keyboard ball), because you could get into legal trouble. If you're going to use any artwork from outside sources, then you either need to use artwork that is free to use for businesses, or get the copyright holder's permission.

Suggestion on design:

Baywood sounds like something you'd see at a beach, so perhaps you could put silhouette palm trees behind the "Baywood" text, implying that your cafe is beach themed. You already have the right idea for the "Cafe" text.

Badge

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Converse

Here is your image with a transparent background incase you ever needed to use it.

Live your life.
    Need a userbar? Hit me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Converse View Post
    Here is your image with a transparent background incase you ever needed to use it.
    That's awful. He has the PSD, I'm assuming, so just let him delete the white layer.

Badge

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Converse

Sorry. I'm not very good with graphics...

Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk

Live your life.
    Need a userbar? Hit me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Memory View Post
    • The image should be larger than you think you'll need it to be. Currently it's about 900 x 300 (with empty space).. double that amount. Why? Because if you ever need the image to be on something larger, such as a billboard or a sign, then it's all a matter of resizing the original image down to what you need. This is why vector is preferred for logos, but if you're going to use raster than make the original image as large as possible.

• Use a font that either reflects your shop's look and feel, or a font that is professional and legible. Here's a good place to look for free fonts, Sans Serif fonts are good: http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=501

• The font color should reflect your shop's look and feel, or simply use black or white.

• Backgrounds should not be used for logos (unless it's a part of the overall design), so it's preferred to keep the background transparent.

• Make sure you're not plagiarizing any artwork (such as that @coffee and keyboard ball), because you could get into legal trouble. If you're going to use any artwork from outside sources, then you either need to use artwork that is free to use for businesses, or get the copyright holder's permission.

Suggestion on design:

Baywood sounds like something you'd see at a beach, so perhaps you could put silhouette palm trees behind the "Baywood" text, implying that your cafe is beach themed. You already have the right idea for the "Cafe" text.
    Thanks Memory... I just used MS Word and MS Paint.. My PS doesn't work and I need this artwork fast.. Anyway, those artwork ([email protected] and keyboard balls) are from Google.. And yes I just copied and paste them.. And also, you mentioned that "Baywood" is related to beach.. Well, yes it is but that "Baywood" is the name of our street in our village.. Do I still need to add some trees beside it? Or should I start over again and remake it? Can you make me a version of yours? Thanks again...

^Thanks Josh!^

^Thanks Converse!^
    I am a Monster Hunter Fan and also a Veteran of all Monster Hunter series.

Curret n3wbit
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SSRunts PSN ID: DCCoexist Steam ID: dcrunts

I would suggest maybe making a street sign kind of thing. It is simple and you could pretty much do it without taking hours to do so.

"Sense is not made like money, sense is had like heart, pride, and integrity."~Russ