User Info     Contact     Gamer ID

Default Xbox ONE Revealed

Yes folks, that giant box is the Xbox ONE. Yes, Xbox ONE... because apparently the Xbox and Xbox 360 never existed.

This new Xbox has voice recognition. You want your Xbox to turn on? You say, "Xbox, start". You want your Xbox to exit a game? You say, "Xbox, go home".
    No, I am not shiting you. You tell your Xbox to go home. This is straight from the live event, the demonstrator used these exact phrases.

Skype is now integrated with the operating system, and an Xbox TV entertainment service was the focus of the event. Yes, TV.. with a channel guide and all. On your Xbox. A gaming console.

Now onto the real shit:

Fifa 14 (and other EA sports games) was announced
    Forza 5 was announced
    Call of Duty was announced

and *drum roll for demon*

Halo was announced. Not a new game, no. A live action TV series! Just what I wanted!

Listen, I have a Xbox 360 and a PS3. I use both of them, but mostly my PS3. I watched this event to see what Microsoft would bring to the table, because I was considering an Xbox for this generation... however I was personally disappointed. I don't care about a stupid TV service, I don't care about Skype, I don't care about a stupid voice recognition gimmick; I care about gaming! The only thing in that event that was mildly interesting was Forza 5, and that was just a short 10 second clip with no actual gameplay. Call of Duty and Fifa I can play on any old toaster oven, who cares.

Just my 2 cents. (inb4rage)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: peephole303 Steam ID: Grpeephole303

Quote Originally Posted by Memory View Post

Yes folks, that oompla loompa box is the Xbox ONE. Yes, Xbox ONE... because apparently the Xbox and Xbox 360 never existed.

This new Xbox has voice recognition. You want your Xbox to turn on? You say, "Xbox, start". You want your Xbox to exit a game? You say, "Xbox, go home".
    No, I am not shiting you. You tell your Xbox to go home. This is straight from the live event, the demonstrator used these exact phrases.

Skype is now integrated with the operating system, and an Xbox TV entertainment service was the focus of the event. Yes, TV.. with a channel guide and all. On your Xbox. A gaming console.

Now onto the real shit:

Fifa 14 was announced
    Forza 5 was announced
    Call of Duty was announced

and *drum roll for demon*

Halo was announced. Not a new game, no. A live action TV series! Just what I wanted!

Listen, I have a Xbox 360 and a PS3. I use both of them, but mostly my PS3. I watched this event to see what Microsoft would bring to the table, because I was considering an Xbox for this generation... however I was personally disappointed. I don't care about a stupid TV service, I don't care about Skype, I don't care about a stupid voice recognition gimmick; I care about gaming! The only thing in that event that was mildly interesting was Forza 5, and that was just a short 10 second clip with no actual gameplay.

Just my 2 cents.
    This part of the presentation made me laugh my ass off. i was hoping for something that would make an interesting Do i buy PS4 or do i buy Xbox... i cant even bring myself to buy the Xbox they annouced only Two Exclusives and showed very little gameplay of anything.

But hey they told you it will look like this..... yeah sure

Designer
    Programmer

This was Microsoft's BIG announcement... very disappointing.

SONY will have my money.

I did it for the lulz.
    I did it for the lulz.
    I did it for the lulz.

Wii U Section Moderator
    Computer Engineer

Badge

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: MrOwnership Wii Code: MrOwnership

I was expecting more video game content rather than controlling your TV, guess we'll have to wait for E3 for that. I don'r really see voice recognition working very well over the sound from the TV either.

Retired Prophet

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/kennethbgoodin

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Smirkz94 PSN ID: Smirkz- Steam ID: Unleashed2594

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Unleashed22594

I see they didn't learn from their mistakes. Focus on games not applications. Nobody wants to use their phone to control their Xbox. Nobody wants to come home from work all day and have to use the kinect and jump around like a retard. People want to sit on their ass and play video games thats it. Netflix and video games, thats really all i want.