User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Smirkz94 PSN ID: Smirkz- Steam ID: Unleashed2594

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Unleashed22594

Default GameStop stock plummets following Xbox One used game reports

"Used games are key part of GameStop’s business plan. In the most recent fiscal year, GameStop earned roughly 48% of its gross profits from used games, according to MarketWatch."

"GameStop stock dropped roughly 10% on Friday on concerns about earnings. It's down 21% this week."

So it seems all hope is lost when it comes to Gamestop's sales. With all this used games talk Gamestop could potentially close up shop. Either they make a massive change to their business you slowly die...choice is theirs.

Personally i don't really like Gamestop, more of a PC player but when i do get games for my PS3 i only go there if i have to. "No i don't want to pre-order a game you will have on the first day anyways" "No i don't care about your corny pre-order bonuses"

Not much of a used game guy either, i never trade in my games, never have actually plus i don't like the feeling of being ripped off...which ha i think we all know how Gamestop is when it comes to their prices.

"Why do Microsoft and the publishers, believe they deserve a cut when selling or using a second hand game? After all, second hand car dealers don't give Ford a cut when selling a car. Second hand bookshops don't give authors and publishers a cut when re-selling old books either.

It's pure corporate greed. The initial 'first time buy' sale price has enough damn profit margin already factored in. Just like a car or a book, that's the way it works."

Another thing not helping out is the lack of backwards compatibility, this doesn't really bother me that much but it does bother a very large majority of gamers. A lot of people like to trade in there old consoles and games to have money for the new gen console, same case scenario with the games and if this is missing from the Xbox One people aren't going to buy it.

Honestly i'm not an Xbox fan or a Gamestop fan so i couldn't care less. A bunch of money hungry bastards who tried to fuck over their customers guess they forgot the game market isn't a monopoly and people actually have a say and choice in this market.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Unleashed; 05-25-2013 at 01:54 PM.

User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: peephole303 Steam ID: Grpeephole303

i sad thing really i much prefere gamestop/EB games to all the other places you can get games.

at least EB games actualy stocks new releases where other places you can purchase games only have either the newest call of duty or games that released months ago

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!