User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Smirkz94 PSN ID: Smirkz- Steam ID: Unleashed2594

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Unleashed22594

Default Kaz Hirai says PlayStation 4 is "all about the gamers"

“I fundamentally believe that the initial market that we need to make sure we appeal to with any new platform … is really the gaming audience ... They will be the supporters of your platform and they will help propel the installed base.”

A gaming console used for gaming you say? YES! you read it correctly...or at least i hope you did. Anyway that's not the point.

That's right Sony says the PS4 is for gaming not TV, and of course this has nothing to do with Microsoft's TV binge at their horrid conference.

Honestly i'm glad that Microsoft started this whole "Video games are actually important" See i go through the same shit at my Job, i work my ass off for some fat prick and sit in my office programming prices for a billion dollar company. My friend said it best "All corporate see's is numbers"

This applies to this well, because after their stock went down and they started losing money then they realize that, yes games are important. To be quite honest if i had stock in Microsoft i would of sold it after that conference as well.

Why? They did a pretty good amount of damage to their market and customers and honestly i'm not sure if it can be repaired. With PC gaming rising and the Oculus rift coming out soon they better pick up on their games.

Playstation 4 will probably do better at E3 than the Xbox One, unless Xbox has a secret weapon under their hat. We will just have to wait and see. I think now would be a good time to release those games that people have been waiting years for like...uh i don't know KINGDOM HEARTS 3!#@[email protected]!! *cough* (SEVEN FUCKING YEARS SINCE KH2 AND COUNTING WTF!)

Or how about The Last Guardian, Half Life 3, that would be the smart thing to do honestly. That would give a lot of gamers the urge to buy right away and raise their numbers...but *sigh* i don't think they see that.

Source

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Unleashed; 06-01-2013 at 04:46 AM.

I think Sony learned from their mistakes with the PS3. Let's be honest, the only reason Xbox 360 saw the success it did was because of the failures of the PS3. The PS3 was expensive, lacked a lot of games that the 360 initially had, and there were no graphical differences between the two, because it was so hard for developers to utilize the cell processor.

Once the 360 had its head start, there was very little reason to go the PS3 unless you were a fan of its exclusives. One of the reasons I always hear when I ask why someone went with the 360 is, "all my friends have one and I want to play with them." Had the PS3 been released first, I think it would have had a much better chance.

The PS3 has better exclusives, a long legacy of classic titles, a free network, and better technology (blu-ray, wireless rechargeable USB controllers, etc.). You can buy a 360 today and still get one of those crappy battery pack controllers they include. To no surprise, the Xbox One will have a blu-ray player and wireless rechargeable controllers... something the PS3 has had since launch.

Gamer IDs

Contact info:

Exactly, and that's why i picked a PS3 from the start. I bought my PS3 January 2007, about 2 months after the release and i don't regret it. Seeing how the PS3 eventually surpassed the 360 in sales it was the best choice and people realized that after the fact.

You're absolutely correct and i do hope the have a good price and a healthy set of games. I hope the Vita was a wake up call for them as well. People aren't going to buy a handheld for the same price as your larger system. It just seems wasteful and unnecessary. Now i thought about getting one and peep kinda pushed me toward getting one but they are just so expensive, i'd rather wait until they were like $150.

I think the smart thing to do would be to drop the price of the Vita give the PS4 about a $400 price and drop games to $50. Utilize the same techniques Steam and Valve use and i think it could improve their business drastically.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: peephole303 Steam ID: Grpeephole303

Quote Originally Posted by Memory View Post
    I think Sony learned from their mistakes with the PS3. Let's be honest, the only reason Xbox 360 saw the success it did was because of the failures of the PS3. The PS3 was expensive, lacked a lot of games that the 360 initially had, and there were no graphical differences between the two, because it was so hard for developers to utilize the cell processor.

Once the 360 had its head start, there was very little reason to go the PS3 unless you were a fan of its exclusives. One of the reasons I always hear when I ask why someone went with the 360 is, "all my friends have one and I want to play with them." Had the PS3 been released first, I think it would have had a much better chance.

The PS3 has better exclusives, a long legacy of classic titles, a free network, and better technology (blu-ray, wireless rechargeable USB controllers, etc.). You can buy a 360 today and still get one of those crappy battery pack controllers they include. To no surprise, the Xbox One will have a blu-ray player and wireless rechargeable controllers... something the PS3 has had since launch.
    Correction it may have USB but it doesnt recharge the battery LOL

Gamer IDs

Contact info:

Make that rechargeable battery money son lol. What a greedy ass company, it's bad enough controllers (at least this gen) cost almost $60 now they will pretty much force you to buy a battery pack.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Ycastillo

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/blackopswiifan

well i dont mind both systems but i had playstation ever since playstaion 1 came out so im more of a playstation guy cause im used to the controller its been the same ever since and its small and unlike the xbox to me it is too bulky for me but its all about what people are used to and im poor so i dont wanna pay for xbox live lol but yeah its all about what people prefer but both are good consoles but to me playstation will always be better cant wait for the PS4 ^_^

Wii Code Creator
    T.U.F.F. PUPPY

Badge

Is this gonna be better than the xbox one?

Diehard

We cant really judge until E3 comes around

Quote Originally Posted by Grpeephole303 View Post
    Correction it may have USB but it doesnt recharge the battery LOL
    I can't find any references to the Xbox ONE's controller being rechargeable via USB, so I think you're right... how sad.

Quote Originally Posted by cornerpath View Post
    We cant really judge until E3 comes around
    Implying that Microsoft has something up their sleeves for E3. It's probably just going to be the standard revealing and demonstrations. The information we already have about the consoles themselves is pretty solid.

Gamer IDs

Contact info:

Meanwhile at Sony headquarters