User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: wieisjason

Default [HELP] Perks of GA?

So recently I've been wondering what are the perks of being a GA, for you and for the community.
    I might not have seen it or it is happening behind the scenes, but the recent 'new' GA's like Squish and Vintage don't look like they have been doing something useful.

Vintage's words: "I've been doing graphics for a while now and always wanted to be apart of the team. I try to help and give CnC on most art related threads that I see trying to help others. I've been making tags for a little over a year now. I've been asked on dA to join a group also because they think my work is good so I think I am good enough.
    (For Coders/Graphic Artists)"

Well as far as I know you don't need a title to help people and give CnC.

Squish's words: "I want this position because for the past year I have been doing Graphics and my skills along the way have become much better since I first started. I also want it because I feel that if I was granted the position I would be able to help out with small battles around the site and maybe in the future helping out with the SOTW's. If I get Graphic Artist I feel that I will be able to help the site with a lot when it does come to this section."

I also said on Squish or Vintage's (or JROD's) application why could only be able to help when you're GA.
    Well Memory explained this in Squishes App, telling that SOTW's can only be started by GAs or Mods if I'm correct, as far as I know we have Goober, Vinyl, Josh and Strike who can handle this.

So if I would ever make a chance of being able to make it to GA, what are the actual perks, except for the bigger ava dimensions, userbarr and username colored?

I want to remind you this is not a flame, just asking for clarification and the perks of being a GA.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Charged Up; 06-10-2013 at 04:09 AM.
    "Rank does not confer power or privilege, it imposes responsibility."

Well it's a team of experienced artists. Squish and I are going to start something new every month but were waiting on the current SOTW to end. GA are to help and post their work etc. We can do more by helping people in depth if you pm a GA, but all the help they want is CnC from a thread pretty much. Sometimes in my CnC I offer to help them if they pm me, but they never do.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: x-CrimsoN-x21

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/xCrimmYx?feature=mhee

I don't think anyone took it as a flame.

The perks... You get to start SOTW's, and have a more respectable position. We could look at all positions on the site like the way you do; what do mods do? Super Mods can do what they do, and Admins have this site covered. They're just there to help. Tell me, if a mod tells you to stop spamming, you're more likely to stop spamming rather then being told by someone like you (no offence) to stop spamming. CnC is also taken more seriously with someone who has a position. When I post a signature, I look at the replies and go "Oh, Converse says my lightings off. That's interesting." Then scroll down to see a GA reply and go "Oh, Goober said my lighting's off... I wonder where he thinks the lighting should be. Maybe I'll PM him and try to rework my signature a bit to make it better." It's more of a respect thing, they worked their asses off for the position and they deserve it. It also looks good if they apply for Mod.

What do coders get? Access to a coder section which is practically useless; you can PM information you don't want publicly released. However, I would want someone to teach me how to code that has been recognized for it, rather then a random kid saying he is duh 1337est. This applys just as well for GAs. I turn to GAs when I need advice, not someone who just makes really cool looking tags.

Plus they have a cool username color.

1v1 (as of June) :
    Wins: 2 Losses: 0
    We accept the love we think we deserve.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: wieisjason

Quote Originally Posted by Austin. View Post
    I don't think anyone took it as a flame.

The perks... You get to start SOTW's, and have a more respectable position. We could look at all positions on the site like the way you do; what do mods do? Super Mods can do what they do, and Admins have this site covered. They're just there to help. Tell me, if a mod tells you to stop spamming, you're more likely to stop spamming rather then being told by someone like you (no offence) to stop spamming. CnC is also taken more seriously with someone who has a position. When I post a signature, I look at the replies and go "Oh, Converse says my lightings off. That's interesting." Then scroll down to see a GA reply and go "Oh, Goober said my lighting's off... I wonder where he thinks the lighting should be. Maybe I'll PM him and try to rework my signature a bit to make it better." It's more of a respect thing, they worked their asses off for the position and they deserve it. It also looks good if they apply for Mod.

What do coders get? Access to a coder section which is practically useless; you can PM information you don't want publicly released. However, I would want someone to teach me how to code that has been recognized for it, rather then a random kid saying he is duh 1337est. This applys just as well for GAs. I turn to GAs when I need advice, not someone who just makes really cool looking tags.

Plus they have a cool username color.
    That's the answer I have been looking for, didn't really think it through this time.

"Rank does not confer power or privilege, it imposes responsibility."

Badge

It's a leadership role pretty much. Someone people can go to when they need help. Don't know why they all come to me

Collabo with my boi Artemis :3

Shrek is love, Shrek is life Squish.'s Avatar

Badge

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SquishyYum

Well whats wrong with having more people help? I don't know why you used Vin and Myself... We actually do help as much as we can. Plus lately Blacksun (Good as Sig Maker) has been completing all the signature requests before I even see them so I can't really do much then. At the moment the only people who run SOTW's are Vinyl and Strike because they are Mods for the section so, yep. I do help out the section as much as possible, try to make signatures as much as possible but I do have a life out of the site which is why for the past few weeks I haven't made a signature.

THANKS GOOBS FOR THE GREAT GIFT!

~ GIFTS FROM FRIENDS ~
    JROD ~ VINYL 1 ~ VINYL 2 ~ VIN ~ STRIKE

Bad Company

Badge

It's kind of like the coder status (besides the fact they are completely different). You work hard at it, acquire all of the required knowledge, and then stay active.

To me it seems like a title that says "hey I know what the hell I'm doing".

You also get to view a secret section for both Artist and Coder.

Quote Originally Posted by Iced View Post
    Red 58 = Swoot (Reincarnated)
    Quote Originally Posted by GOOBER View Post
    Terr0r you need a Gecko. Lets go to the Pet store and buy one
    Quote Originally Posted by ABlackGuy View Post
    He may not have a soul but he still has a brain. Unlike Russ who has neither.