Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: wieisjason

Default Gwafix | More Tags

So yeah Vinyl and some others wanted me to be active (which I am everyday though just not everyday in the GFX section) so I'll start popping out some sigs more often now.

Edited version.

They're a bit more simplistic, but they took more time to make than my normal ones ^^

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Rank does not confer power or privilege, it imposes responsibility."

Banned

Badge

Good work man you have improved a lot. I like the last one da best

1///

Too monochrome, experiment with different shades of the color. Focal point (render) is TOO big, it leaves no room for the effects. Everything seems randomly placed, no exact direction. Could add some soft brushing/ with black on the bottom right corner to help flow, and depth. (Above or under the render) The signature is boring.

2///

The focal point is too far to the right, quite distracting. The reasoning for the the rule of thirds is to balance the work. moving the render a little more to the left and making the effects going closer to him would possibly be better. Sasuke looks too yellow man. Again with the monochrome. The yellow in the splatter is too bright, that leaves a huge lighting difference. Flow is used to go with the render, if the render doesn't have any flow, then it might as well not have it, flow makes things a lot easier once getting the fundamentals. There's a reason for the Rule of thirds and flow.

3///

TOO dark around the sides and corners, it's very noticeable. Your source light is barely visible. The dark lighting is to effective, messing up the bright lightings. Everything seems thrown together, again. Kakashis effect with the dripping smudge,the flowers going everywhere, and the particles going everywhere, it messes up the flow (Or balance). (Also not necessary) Colors don't work well, use the dropper tool to blend everything in easier. The render will look much better near the righter most area. The text is placed horribly. Use the rule of thirds to help you with that (balance). The text doesn't look well put together, and try removing the shadow, it totally messes with depth. Backgrounds aren't that bad, but aren't that good as well.

Overall///

You need to work mostly on the placement of everything and your colors. And I know these are "simplistic". There could be more improvements though.

Art Corner Moderator MejaiDesigns's Avatar

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/ApexDesignsCL

I like them all other then the 2nd one, The 2nd one the render is just way to bright compared to the background which makes it look odd, but other then that the other two signatures look great man! Keep up the great work!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by vynk View Post
    1///

Too monochrome, experiment with different shades of the color. Focal point (render) is TOO big, it leaves no room for the effects. Everything seems randomly placed, no exact direction. Could add some soft brushing/ with black on the bottom right corner to help flow, and depth. (Above or under the render) The signature is boring.

2///

The focal point is too far to the right, quite distracting. The reasoning for the the rule of thirds is to balance the work. moving the render a little more to the left and making the effects going closer to him would possibly be better. Sasuke looks too yellow man. Again with the monochrome. The yellow in the splatter is too bright, that leaves a huge lighting difference. Flow is used to go with the render, if the render doesn't have any flow, then it might as well not have it, flow makes things a lot easier once getting the fundamentals. There's a reason for the Rule of thirds and flow.

3///

TOO dark around the sides and corners, it's very noticeable. Your source light is barely visible. The dark lighting is to effective, messing up the bright lightings. Everything seems thrown together, again. Kakashis effect with the dripping smudge,the flowers going everywhere, and the particles going everywhere, it messes up the flow (Or balance). (Also not necessary) Colors don't work well, use the dropper tool to blend everything in easier. The render will look much better near the righter most area. The text is placed horribly. Use the rule of thirds to help you with that (balance). The text doesn't look well put together, and try removing the shadow, it totally messes with depth. Backgrounds aren't that bad, but aren't that good as well.

Overall///

You need to work mostly on the placement of everything and your colors. And I know these are "simplistic". There could be more improvements though.
    Call me a dumbass, but what are/is the rule of the thirds?

Basically a ruler/template of guidelines used to balance and such with graphics/photography/etc.

https://www.google.com/search?client...hannel=suggest

Notorious B.I.G
    http://xat.com/cleaker

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goober1337FX?feature=mhee

One thing I noticed, Not sure if you did the same thing in all of these. But you usually set a gradient with the opacity to high washing out certain colors.

My suggestion work with color balance
    -Shadows
    -Mid tones
    -Highlights

I usually always stagger when using it. This will bring out the colors

Do you usually use the dodge and burn tool jw?

Another thing to do is use a black and white gradient set to luminosity

-Before

-After

These will help to bring out the colors more...fuck can't really tell the difference in the screenies but try it out on your next signature and you will see the difference.

Then with placement rule of thirds like vinyl said.

Love your work man keep it up

Last edited by Goober.; 06-16-2013 at 10:15 AM.

Shrek is love, Shrek is life Squish.'s Avatar

Badge

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SquishyYum

Quote Originally Posted by vynk View Post
    1///

2///

3///

Overall///

^^This. What Vinyl said sums it up pretty well. KIU up man.

THANKS GOOBS FOR THE GREAT GIFT!

~ GIFTS FROM FRIENDS ~
    JROD ~ VINYL 1 ~ VINYL 2 ~ VIN ~ STRIKE

Gamer IDs

Applying rules so now and then won't be a problem for me, but don't expect me sticking to it because it will keep my creativity in its shell.

No offense, but that creativity will make it worse, though a signature is basically what the maker wants. Feel free to do whatever you please.