#HitlerDidNothingWrong
    ⌘Flying Dutchman⌘

User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: baktiar77 Wii Code: baktiar77

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/77baktiar

Default Microsoft sticking with Xbox One Kinect requirement despite ditching DRM

Microsoft is sticking with the Xbox One's requirement that Kinect be plugged in despite ditching its controversial DRM policies.

As it stands, Kinect must be connected to the Xbox One for it to work. When offline it listens for the "Xbox on" voice command, which activates the console.

The new and improved Kinect comes with Xbox One, and it is thought this is one of the chief reasons for the console's high 429 price. The PlayStation 4 is significantly cheaper at 349 and does not come bundled with the PlayStation Camera.

Microsoft has also faced tough questions on privacy, with authorities in Germany suggesting the new Kinect amounts to a "monitoring device". In an interview with Eurogamer last month Xbox Europe boss Phil Harrison insisted Microsoft would not use Kinect to "snoop" on Xbox One owners.

In an an interview with IGN published after Microsoft announced its about-turn, Xbox One chief product officer Marc Whitten insisted Kinect remains integral to the next-gen console.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xbox One chief product officer Marc Whitten
    We still believe Kinect is a really critical part of the architecture. We think it changes the way you can interact with your experiences, being able to control the box with your voice or with gestures, being able to do Skype.

And we want game and interactive entertainment creators to be able to know they can take advantage of it, and we want it to be completely consistent for our users. So we still are very committed to how Kinect transforms that experience.
    Meanwhile, Whitten insisted the decision to drop Xbox One's once every 24 hours internet authentication would not impact games that make use of its 300 server cloud, such as Turn 10's Forza 5 and Respawn's Titanfall.

A Eurogamer feature published yesterday spoke to a number of developers, including Respawn, about the potential of the cloud, and reported on an E3 behind-closed-doors Microsoft presentation that demonstrated a prototype designed to highlight how the cloud could benefit games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xbox One chief product officer Marc Whitten
    We still believe in how games and entertainment are transformed by being connected and powered by the cloud, and frankly you're going to see us really innovate against that experience.

We believe that most people, frankly, are going to continue to take advantage of the connected state and all that comes with it and that frankly it will be experiences like Titanfall taking unique advantage of the cloud, or Forza and drivatars that people are going to love and they're going to use.

And to take advantage of those features you'll clearly have to be connected and online, just as if you were streaming video or playing multiplayer or any of the other things that require online. But that's up to the game experience and sort of how they use those features.
    Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...e-ditching-drm

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I really think this was one of the more minor points people had to moan about. Now there's no requirement for the regular internet connection check you can be offline and don't have to worry about being spied on, or can you?

Last edited by Bot; 06-20-2013 at 05:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bot View Post
    I really think this was one of the more minor points people had to moan about. Now there's no requirement for the regular internet connection check you can be offline and don't have to worry about being spied on, or can you?

I personally don't care about the "spying" conspiracies. I just don't want to pay an extra hundred dollars for something I'll never use.

MustardCheese
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Quilapallun

Fuck that, kinect is shit. If you wanted voice commands and all the other non-movement related shit why didn't they just built it in? Fucking greedy bastards want money. I hate that microsoft I don't own any of there brands/products in my house.

CodeLeakers.Com for the WIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Andres.C View Post
    ...there...
    Their ;).

And are you sure you have nothing Microsoft?

Banned

Badge

Quote Originally Posted by Memory View Post
    I personally don't care about the "spying" conspiracies. I just don't want to pay an extra hundred dollars for something I'll never use.
    Exactly nigga. Now microsoft tryna change everything lol