Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why just why?

Evolved Modder
    Living Liek Larry
    Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government.
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government.
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: L33T_T0ny Steam ID: ToNy Wii Code: L33T_T0ny

Default Why just why?

What is with the fucking overflow of mod applications latley? im assuming a position was opened but why do all these people want mod?

spoiler alert this is going to be a crudely writen rant that im going to right quickly before i leave for the airport to go back to jersey. (spent a week with family in georgia)

Now my rant is about the mod position and why the majority of the people applying dont want it. How do i know? i was mod for a short period of time.

First off with the exclusion of grey those who have recently applied for wii mod have no intrest in cleaning the section up, i can assure this mostly because i was the same way; When i applied for wii mod i didnt care about how the wii section was and it was apparent to the administration as i was demoted. You want the position for the title plain and simple, no need arguing it.

But is it worth the color and the "respect" that comes with it? Your going to have to go threw hundreds of threads mostly kiddies crying about codes not working and/or trying to scam others and move them to the correct section.

No Shit tony thats kinda obvious
    Wrong, its boring as hell and it takes away from your experience on the site. Or atleast it did for me, i lost my intrest in the forum and for a while after i was demoted i didnt come on. Not because i was butthurt but instead because i had absolutly no intrest in dealing with the various drama and ingnorance of others. Even now i do not have the same level of intrest as i did before i was mod.

Another reason being the pms, regardles of who you are they are going to come.

HI DER i luv ur wurk kan yu herlp meh mod ma wii/ps3/potato
    Can u hax ma frind he iz a ferg her her 1+825.5968545.953
    54 ddosh hem
    and they go on from there, there are a binch of other reasons why you dont want to be mod but i have like three minutes to get my stuff in the car so ill leave itat that

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Tig O Bitties

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/l3g3darymods

word.

Banned

Badge

They just want the name color and then once they get it they wont do shit

Notorious B.I.G
    http://xat.com/cleaker

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goober1337FX?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    What is with the fucking overflow of mod applications latley? im assuming a position was opened but why do all these people want mod?
    Chat, xbox 360, art corner and wii section all need new mods

First off with the exclusion of grey those who have recently applied for wii mod have no intrest in cleaning the section up, i can assure this mostly because i was the same way; When i applied for wii mod i didnt care about how the wii section was and it was apparent to the administration as i was demoted. You want the position for the title plain and simple, no need arguing it.
    Really? pretty sure I did a ton of work cleaning the section up. Not to mention Chumlee does a awesome job as well.

But is it worth the color and the "respect" that comes with it? Your going to have to go threw hundreds of threads mostly kiddies crying about codes not working and/or trying to scam others and move them to the correct section.
    Honestly its not even that hard to help "wii kiddies" get their codes working again, usually it is something simple.

Wrong, its boring as hell and it takes away from your experience on the site. Or atleast it did for me, i lost my intrest in the forum and for a while after i was demoted i didnt come on. Not because i was butthurt but instead because i had absolutly no intrest in dealing with the various drama and ingnorance of others. Even now i do not have the same level of intrest as i did before i was mod.

Another reason being the pms, regardles of who you are they are going to come.
    Obviously mod wasn't for you but I am sure other people actually enjoy helping others.

Las Vegas 702
    Lakers 4 Life.

I was thinking the same thing.. Who really wants to do boring shit, and also the bottom of the staff.

Now Administrating, that's where it's at...

Quote Originally Posted by Originality View Post
    If I gave you a dollar everyday for the amount of fucks I give daily, then you would be broke

~ Originality

Bad Company

Badge

Quote Originally Posted by volcom89 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing.. Who really wants to do boring shit, and also the bottom of the staff.

Now Administrating, that's where it's at...
    Mods aren't considered staff. And do you honestly think administration is EASIER than moderating a single section?

Here are my past experiences with being Wii mod:

I love helping people; absolutely adore it, I've done specific 3 day jobs in life for nothing, free
    Now that aside I'm going to point out a few things.

Did kids ask me to hack other kids? Yes, but most of the time they needed promoted or some shit.

Was it boring? No, like I said before I love to help others.

Do you earn respect because you are mod? No, if you area shit mod people will treat you as such.

It's all a matter of perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Iced View Post
    Red 58 = Swoot (Reincarnated)
    Quote Originally Posted by GOOBER View Post
    Terr0r you need a Gecko. Lets go to the Pet store and buy one
    Quote Originally Posted by ABlackGuy View Post
    He may not have a soul but he still has a brain. Unlike Russ who has neither.

Evolved Modder
    Living Liek Larry
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Goober View Post
    Chat, xbox 360, art corner and wii section all need new mods

Really? pretty sure I did a ton of work cleaning the section up. Not to mention Chumlee does a awesome job as well.

Honestly its not even that hard to help "wii kiddies" get their codes working again, usually it is something simple.

Obviously mod wasn't for you but I am sure other people actually enjoy helping others.
    Goons I think u misunderstood. I was talking about those applying for Wii mod recently and if anyone else misunderstood that's who this was aimed towards.

And red that's why you deserve to be staff you enjoy helping others. I on the other hand grow impatient and disliked it.

I wanted to go more in depth and explain better but I'm at midway and I suck at typing on ma phone

~ Hyrule's Savior ~

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.YouTube.Com/ReTrOSlink

They want the name color. That's all.

#gamedevelopment

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: x-CrimsoN-x21

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/xCrimmYx?feature=mhee

I enjoy helping people, hence the reason I made as many wii coding tutorials as I did. They went unnoticed and had like 30 views, but that didn't discourage me. I actually care about the site, and I already had a name color. Not only is it because I care for the Wii section, I care for the whole forum. I hope to one day be promoted. And you can't say that about Grey, weeks of inactivity because he was busy. I'm going to college, and have a job. I still find time. Goober basically did everything I didn't.

Tl;dr: fuck off.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

1v1 (as of June) :
    Wins: 2 Losses: 0
    We accept the love we think we deserve.

Evolved Modder
    Living Liek Larry
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Austin. View Post
    I actually care about the site, and I already had a name color. Not only is it because I care for the Wii section, I care for the whole forum.
    Its not that i dont care about the forum, its that im lazy. and you have to position you do because you care for the forum and you deserve it. what people dont understand about my post is that it is not dirccted to the current or past mods but instead to the people currently applying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin. View Post
    I hope to one day be promoted. And you can't say that about Grey, weeks of inactivity because he was busy.
    I understand this but you can not denie that grey does care about the forum. I cant say the same for ztwist and chris, no offence. which is why i excluded him.

People are over analysing my post, my main message was to the people who have been here for half a year that are applying to a dead sub-forum to rethink the decision.

and @goober

"Do you earn respect because you are mod? No, if you area shit mod people will treat you as such."
    thats why i put respect in parentheses.

ill clean up the OP once i get the chance im still tired as fuq from the trip

Last edited by tony; 07-01-2013 at 06:17 AM. Reason: added "sub" infront of forum to fix confussion