Results 1 to 9 of 9
07-01-2013, 09:21 AM #1
[TUT] Slink's Tutorial On How To Make Codes From RAM Dumps (DVARS Basically)
Alright, I know there are many tutorials on this, but I feel if anyone gets confused on one of them, they can check another one out. So here we go.
Things You Need
- A RAM Dump (We will be using a Black Ops Dump)
- Notepad (To paste your code in, duh! :3)
1. Open your RAM Dump. Once you open it, you will see numbers and letters (hex data), but don't freak out.
2. Search for a DVAR you'd like to find and make a code out of. In this tutorial, I'll use "drawLagometer"
To search for a dvar, do CTRL+F (on your keyboard at the same time lol) to bring the search box up. Change your "Datatype" to "Text-string". Have your "Search Direction" on "All". Paste your DVAR in the "Search for" box, then press enter to search.
3. You will have your DVAR found. Highlight the whole DVAR (should be already highlighhted), if not highlight it. Then press CTRL+E (on your keyboard) and it will bring up a box with the "Start Offset" highlighted. Copy the Start Offset.
4. Then open the search (Find) box back up by pressing CTRL+F again. Paste the start offset in the search bar, then change your "Datatype" back to "Hex-values". Press Enter.
5. You will have 3 bytes highlighted. Highlight five bytes to the right and one byte down. (Thanks to Chumlee, this way is easier to remember! ).
6. Highlight the byte you have landed on. Press CTRL+E to bring the Offset Box up. Copy the Start Offset (or the End Offset, both are the same xD).
7. Paste the Offset in your notepad (or wherever). Here is our result: 14C0C38
If your offset has a 1 at the beginning, delete it and add 05 to the beginning. If it doesn't, just simply add 05 to the beginning.
Now, the last 8 characters is where your values go. If you're simply just activating a dvar (when scripting in .GSC, it would be 0 for off, and 1 for on), just put 01000000. If you have a Dvar That needs a custom value, mess around with values for a bit until you get to a value that you like. So here's our result:
Lagometer Non-Host [§link] CREDITS OBVIOUSLY GO TO THE ORIGINAL ADDRESS FOUNDER (I forget who did, I think it was Blitz, but I'm not sure).
And congratulations! You have made a DVAR/RAM Dump Code!!!
I hope this tutorial helped you! Have fun!
07-01-2013, 09:36 AM #2
- Join Date
- Feb 2012
nice tut slink
07-01-2013, 09:39 AM #3
07-01-2013, 09:48 AM #4
Thanks for this, I was doing it wrong
07-01-2013, 09:52 AM #5
07-01-2013, 11:50 AM #6
Good tutorial Slink
07-01-2013, 11:58 AM #7
- Join Date
- Dec 2011
- A Safe Haven
Cool, nice tutorial.
Pretty easy to follow
07-01-2013, 01:30 PM #8
Thanks guys. I tried my best to make it real easy to follow. :3
07-01-2013, 01:50 PM #9
Thanks Slink, I tried RAM Dump coding before and failed xD
Sent from Red's Instagram