Results 1 to 4 of 4
Thread: PS4 Specs & Other PS4 Info
07-03-2013, 04:37 PM #1
PS4 Specs & Other PS4 Info
PlayStation 4 Specifications:
- CPU: low power x86-64 AMD "Jaguar", 8 cores
- GPU: 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD Radeon™ Graphics Core Next engine
- Memory: GDDR5 8GB
- Hard Disk Drive: Built –in
- Optical Drive (Read only): BD 6xCAV, DVD 8xCAV
- I/O: Super-Speed USB (USB 3.0), AUX
- Communication: Ethernet, IEEE 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth® 2.1 (EDR)
- AV output: HDMI, Analog-AV out, Digital Output (optical)
DualShock 4 specifications:
- External Dimensions: Approx. 162mm x 52mm x 98mm
- Weight: Approx. 210g (tentative)
- Other Features: Light Bar, Vibration, Built-in Mono Speaker
- Ports: USB (Micro B), Extention Port, Stereo Headset Jack
- Wireless communication: Bluetooth® Ver2.1+EDR
PS4 camera specifications:
- External Dimension: Approx. 186mm x 27mm x 27mm
- Weight: Approx. 183g
- Video Pixel: (Maximum) 1280 x 800 pixel x 2
- Video Frame Rate: 1280x800 pixel @ 60fps, 640x400 pixel @ 120fps, 320x192 pixel @ 240fps
- Video Format: RAW, YUV (uncompressed)
- Lens: Dual Lenses, F value/F2.0 fixed focus
- Field-of-View: 85 degrees
- Microphone: 4 Channel Microphone Array
- Connection Type: PS4 dedicated connector (AUX connector)
- Cable Length: Approx. 2m (tentative)
PS4 streaming lets you stream out live gameplay to your friends. This is all built into the hardware and does not need to be supported by developers. Users can react to the video by typing comments in real time. You can do this to friends, or public.
Will the PS4 be 4K capable?
In a chat with Kotaku, Sony has revealed that the PlayStation 4 will be able to playback 4K/Ultra HD video. However, it will not upscale to 4K or play games at 4K resolution.
Sony has also confirmed that it will definitely launch a 4K movie service on the PS4 and is looking at ways it can get around the 100GB downloads required.
The PS4 will definitely not offer native support for PS3 games. However, there will at some point be a service on the Sony Entertainment Network that offers server-side emulation and streaming of games from PS One classics right through to PS3 Platinum Editions.
Sony has confirmed that PlayStation Move will play a big part in the PS4 ecosystem. However, it has not yet been revealed whether the PS4 will launch alongside a new PS Eye camera and new Move controllers or whether the peripherals are staying the same with all the enhancements made console-side.
By tracking the light bar on the DualShock 4 pad and associating it with faces in the image, the game can identify which player face is connected to which game avatar. By using facial recognition the game can associate a face with a PSN profile.
[*] High sensitivity, dual color cameras. Two cameras here.[*] 1280x 800 12 bits/pixel, 60hz[*] Higher frame rates at lower resolutions[*] Wide angles – diagonal field of view is 85 degrees[*] 3 axis acceeletromter, tilt sensor[*] Wide baseline 4 microphone array[*] Dedicated port, exclusive SCE connector[*] Game-loop sync can be changed, depending on framerate of game
PS4 Blu-ray drive:
Not only will the PS4's 64-bit x86 architecture and 8GB of GDDR5 memory blow its predecessor out of the water, its Blu-ray drive will be three times faster.
"If you're coming from the PS3 you're probably quite used to the headache of having to split memory arhchitecture, you can't quite use all of it, the speeds are really wacky on some of it - we don't have that with PS4," said Norden.
He added that this would offer developers "crazy high bandwidth".
More info here: http://www.techradar.com/us/news/gam...eatures-937822
Last edited by Outlaw; 07-03-2013 at 04:41 PM.
07-03-2013, 04:54 PM #2
the BC service is Gaikai
07-03-2013, 04:59 PM #3
- Join Date
- Dec 2012
- Barcelona Spain
Will playstation move be better than xbox kinect?
07-03-2013, 05:00 PM #4