Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xSTR11K3Rx Steam ID: xSTRiiK3Rx

Contact info:

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/xSTRiiK3Rx/

Default Regarding graphic competitions.

It has came to our attention that currently there are a large of competitions going on, Although this is positive that there is a larger amount of interest and i'm happy to see people are wanting to create competitions, it is also causing a downside of lack of entries as there are so many comeptitions, the amount of artists dont have time to make art for each competition. so the activity in each one is lower than it could be.

What i am suggesting is we work as a team to deal with this, possibly by spreading out the competitions that are happening regular to different times so they don't overlap each other and also increases diversity.

An example is causing SOTW to have only 2 entries within a week. As there are competitions exactly similar without the title SOTW in them.

So as the competition is hosted by apex. It would be logical to just let you host the SOTW occasionally than to host a competition which is a weekly signature battle with a theme, I hope you understand.

This is something we can only try to control as a team here, and to make sure competitions arent being redundant due to the amount of competitions happening.

I don't have a problem with the competitions, im enjoying seeing this activity, but at the same time they could be spread out.

Thanks, discuss.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

^Ty goober^
    Quote Originally Posted by xX_BiGFooTT_Xx View Post
    compensate my cock faggot

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: wieisjason

I totally agree with you, I think I already mentioned it in Apex's battle.

"Rank does not confer power or privilege, it imposes responsibility."

How about there only be two official Graphic artist hosted competition SOTW and SOTM. Thats all. If non graphic artists want to host competitions let it be, but SOTW is the priority it will be the only one with prizes like points...

There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it.

Free bitcoin's referal link

Site BBcodes

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: wieisjason

Quote Originally Posted by 0zzy View Post
    How about there only be two official Graphic artist hosted competition SOTW and SOTM. Thats all. If non graphic artists want to host competitions let it be, but SOTW is the priority it will be the only one with prizes like points...
    That's the problem man, if there are more competitions there will be less activity in the SOTW's and SOTM's
    Or am I misunderstanding you

"Rank does not confer power or privilege, it imposes responsibility."

Yeah I mentioned this before, if you want to make it strict then a GA can't host a non official battle and any members who want to host a battle must be approved by the GFx team.

KOTH isn't a problem, you just enter a old sig. So KOTH can still resume it's not a problem.

Gamer IDs

Contact info:

Quote Originally Posted by Clay10 View Post
    I mentioned this in the KOTH thread but nooo

We can't stop people from making competitions. Why don't you guys just stop entering in other competitions and focus on SOTWs? Not completely, but if you're going to enter in a contest make sure it's the SOTW. If you already have, then do another competition.
    People arent going to be swayed to different conpetitions over priority. Many competitions are different and some appeal more to others.

For example the graphics god competition had a deadline and is very popular torney, im not going to say to cancel of tell people to focus on sotws.

People are free to enter what they want, controling what they do in that way isnt what im looking for.

Im not focusing on any single example, I have no problem with these competitions running. Though as a team i am speaking to the graphic artists who are relevant in the section to work and arrange with me and outside competition hosters to tackle the problem.

Sotws is an important competition yes but i am not willing to stop competitons or tell artists whos to enter.

Heres my suggestion: monthly competition roter.

Every month create a thread with a timetable of some kind. Where then artists can say when they are hosting their competitions, and it will be decided for the next month to whats happening at what times.

Eg:

Sotw weekly
    Koth weekly
    Apex's challenge 1st - 7th
    Tezas competition 7th - 14th
    Vinyls painting competition 13th - 17th

Ecetera. This was done on phone but shows a brief example how each competition occurs after eachother or starts while the other is in voting. And can also increase involvement by graphic community and have more order with sotws and koths running as normal there shall be only one or two other competitions running at a time

This can be changed by anyones input so please sugvest away alternatives or improvements.

^Ty goober^

To be honest, it doesn't take that long to make 2-3 tags in a week. And the battles are their own business. If there's not that much activity going in the SOTW, then there should be bigger motivation, because everyone was hyped about the graphic god thing because of the prize. It's all about prize and hype. SOTW is loosing hype. Maybe we should make badges? Or Ribbons? I don't know. I don't think people would do things for the purpose of feeling satisfied. Though SOTM has a prize, people don't really think about it. There could be more discussions about SOTM. Just my thoughts.

Also don't forget ever since there was free title change and usertitle, the need and interests of points lowered.

Last edited by Vinyl; 07-17-2013 at 02:05 PM.

Gamer IDs

Contact info:

Quote Originally Posted by Vynikk View Post
    To be honest, it doesn't take that long to make 2-3 tags in a week. And the battles are their own business. If there's not that much activity going in the SOTW, then there should be bigger motivation, because everyone was hyped about the graphic god thing because of the prize. It's all about prize and hype. SOTW is loosing hype. Maybe we should make badges? Or Ribbons? I don't know. I don't think people would do things for the purpose of feeling satisfied. Though SOTM has a prize, people don't really think about it. There could be more discussions about SOTM. Just my thoughts.

Also don't forget ever since there was free title change and usertitle, the need and interests of points lowered.

I Agree for the motivation also, good point. Possibly by reffering to winner gets entered to sotm for cash prize it will create more awareness yes.

Humans love routine also, so i believe by finally setting out specific dates for sotws and keeping to them people will recognise mondays, for example as entrie starting day. I have usually been against sotw being fixed due to unreliability of keeping it to specific days but i am begining to open my options and to give it another shot.

^Ty goober^

Thats what i ment in my previous post. Screw giving prizes away for other non offical competitions. Only give prizes for sotw and sotm.

A more orderly rota sounds good strike.

There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it.

Free bitcoin's referal link

Site BBcodes