Evolved Modder
    Living Liek Larry
    Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government.
         User Info     Contact     Gamer ID
    Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government.
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: L33T_T0ny Steam ID: ToNy Wii Code: L33T_T0ny

Default maturity, growing up and what it means

before i begin i would like to apologize for any misspellings or punctuation errors i make, i am writing this at 1 in the morning on my tablet half asleep.

so recently i tried to change how i go about life, im not the best when it comes to situations with the ladies so i took a friends advice and started working out and trying to improve other aspects of my life.

now i considered this a choice not growing up, which in a sense is growing up; making your own decisions for the better shows maturity. But i didn't see myself as immature before.

The reason these thoughts came to mind was that just 20 minutes ago i had a short disagreement with this friend that sparked over a small comment i made along the lines of.

"I cant wait to get a car, im going to install and ps2 and play kingdom hearts before school"

he jumped on it and claimed i needed to grow up and move on from old games and things of the likeness to get "pussy"

Now this arises the question, when you grow up do you have to give up the things you enjoy for "Statuses" sake. Don't get me wrong i can name maybe one social situation that kingdom hearts has ever came up and that i contributed too so i don't annoy people with it. So what makes it wrong? What is wrong with a 30 year old man who still enjoys getting the toys in his cereal box. Nothing in my opinion, that's what he enjoys and he keeps it to himself so why does society assume he is immature?

And why does immaturity have to have a set guideline, I consider anyone who can take care of themselves and not be a complete idiot or dick to be mature. So does it make me a hypocrite because i want to change to get "pussy" yes in a sense, but im not changing my personality im only taking better care of myself. Im not living a lie im distorting my image so people give the real me more of a chance.

comment your opinion on the idea of growing up, and how it should be determined

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Suicidal Thoughts
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xINSTANT CRUSHx Steam ID: xatmospherex

Personally I enjoy not growing up.
    I still like having those childish moments, even tho i am getting older.
    I have seen some messed up shit, that doesn't stop me.
    Do what you wanna do.

Last edited by Atmosphere; 08-07-2013 at 07:59 PM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: josechibi123 Steam ID: josechibi1

You know, I come from a really bad area in mexico. I was shot on my knee when I was 11. And every night you walked you prayed not to get killed, but then I finally was a full citizen and I could come back and forth as I pleased. By my age I've been though more life than your parents. I know how to take care of my self I know how to get a job and everything. I don't need help. I'm happy now. I can walk on the street without having to watch my back. Which I still do, I guess its instinct.

This right here is what I can relate to the most.
    When things got hard, you started looking for something to blame. Like a Big Shadow. Let me tell you something you already know. The worlds arent all sunshine and rainbows. Its a very mean and nasty place and I dont care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it Youve gotta hit as hard as life. It isnt about how hard you hit, its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much can you take and keep moving forward? Thats how winning is done.

If you know what youre worth, Go out and Get What Youre Worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers saying you arent where you wanna be because of him or her or anybody. Cowards do that and that arent you. Youre better than that. -Rocky Balboa

"War is war, and war never changes."
    http://i.imgur.com/wbVufuC.jpg from xLove

#TeamJennifer
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MrSlowski- Steam ID: MrSlowski

I'll put it like this:

I am a gamer, I enjoy gaming. I realize that is frowned upon when it comes to 'getting girls'. But I do it because I enjoy it, and it doesnt harm anyone or anything.
    Just because I game, does that make me immature? Sure, to some people yes. To me? No. It means I'm living life how I want to, and you should fuck off.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
    tranny^

Evolved Modder
    Living Liek Larry
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: L33T_T0ny Steam ID: ToNy Wii Code: L33T_T0ny

Quote Originally Posted by MrSlowski View Post
    I'll put it like this:

I am a gamer, I enjoy gaming. I realize that is frowned upon when it comes to 'getting girls'. But I do it because I enjoy it, and it doesnt harm anyone or anything.
    Just because I game, does that make me immature? Sure, to some people yes. To me? No. It means I'm living life how I want to, and you should fuck off.
    This is my stance exactly, if someone has a problem with me enjoying playing games they should have been minding their own business in the first place.

and when it comes to the ladys i dont talk about games, so why would it matter if i stopped playing them it wouldn't change how i interact?

and this brings another topic to the table, logic.

people hate logic.

im going to write a thread when i wake up tommorow on this. ill make it neat this time too

Wii Code Creator
    T.U.F.F. PUPPY

Badge

Growing up sucks. I wish i could stay young forever but we all have to age

I'ma Fuckin Scalie

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XEFDragon Steam ID: SketchyDragon

Be yourself and all that you can be, who should tell you otherwise. You are your own responsibility, do what you love. If your "friend" fails to see things the way you do and then proceeds to give you negative feedback, he's not worth your attention. However if he is just joking around, he's not on the same page of maturity as you.

I view maturity as a mental state, a gate between mental and physical conversation, a spectrum of attitudes and perspectives that people function within.

When I was young I peeled off days from weeks, and weeks from months. Time seemed to last forever, as I continued to age I slowly became accustomed to time itself. I realized that the one thing I can't stop is age. Some days I wish I could go lay in the cool grass and stare at the beautiful blue sky feeling the soft warm breeze coast against my face while listening to the birds flutter and chirp in the distance. Things change, my interests evolve and expand, my way of understanding what life is changes from day to day. Every day maturity takes its course.

Well, those are my thoughts.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    P R O F E S S I O N A L S H I T P O S T E R